Civ3 on Earth. Accurate world map, accurate resource placement, correct startsites.

Oh yes i dont really think them leaders for England is an unreackognized leader in British history but helped us in a very big way was the Duke of Marlborough, and if you want to have an colonial age hero, maybe Livingstone? Just a few ideas. Oh yes and just a bit of info which may or may not be useful, i think it was King Henry IIII i think, i am gonna have to check it up, that in the 13th or 14th century, landed in Newfoundland, this could prove that the ships of this day were somewhat better than portraid in the game, well i think it was in the age of the Holy Grail this happened in.

Well im gonna play your new version now then. Oh yes and on the art modpacks forum i have asked for some animated leaders for Incas, Vikings and Spainsh.

A funny thing happened to me on the way to the Empire. I would attach a picture, If I knew how.
Playing Egypt, have pretty well controlled North Africa. Zulus suddenly started pouring out of the Dark Interior en masse. I geared up my defenses, but they strolled on by, and kept coming. Didnt bother to get ROP, and I did not challenge them.. not ready for war yet. They went up to the one French city on the North Africa coast, declared war, and razed the city.... Then the French sent streams of swordsmen doown from the north... again not bothering with ROP, and in fact denying it. They clashed in the controlled area of my capital... Thebes, had a couple of battles, declared peace, and started dispersing.
What triggered the Zulu to come all that way, took many turns, to attack and destroy one city. Not even a colonist with them. It was on an iron deposit, and I thought maybe that was what they wanted, but no, not even a colonist.....
Maybe it is time to charge south, before they can get home to defend...

Impreza...I did consider Dr.Livingston but when compared with a man like "Clive of India" there is no contest!

The Duke of Marlborough IS in the changes I made to the Great Leaders for England :)

Due to the fact people don't get alot of Great Leaders having a large number of names will mean most will never be seen, that is why I had to be cruel :cool:

Will update again once the patch is out and I see if it has any bad affects on my mod...hope you enjoy it!

Moulton...interesting story! I find that the A.I is willing to go A LONG LONG way to fight in a war, it always seems committed to making a declaration of war MEAN something! I bet you were bricking it when you saw those Zulu hordes ;)

(to attach a picture simply click on the "browse" button just above the "submit reply" and find your picture and click on it...then post. NOTE the picture must be a jpg, gif of jpeg etc and no larger in size than 0.5 mb)

You got that right, Kitten... I had two cities deep in the Congo, mucking out luxuries. I hasted walls, and sent reinforcements pell mell down my cordouroy road.
I 'll had to load and save and try posting a picutre. I have never seen to AI people duking it out in MY territory.... After they quit, Joan said, "Well, in th interest of world peace, You Will give me Chivalry, right? My swordsmen are waitning your reply..."
I like the reduction in corruption... makes empires manageable.
We'll see what happens with flipping... My plans are to colonize all of africa... just have to see what happens.

Here is a picture of the French and Zulu war. Note it is taking place in my territory: Thebes. Neither antagonist bothered with a ROP.

Attachments

• war2.jpg
    war2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,767
Having some major problems getting this to work...

I follow instructions closely and everything is good until I go to load the modified save game (after running the cpt utility)
It gets about 1/2 way there and I get an IO error (something about tile) and It says it cant read the save file.

HELP! anyone experience this???

Joe

I have e-mailed you...

If anyone else has a problem PLEASE tell me what version you are trying to get to work...thanks.

The problem has been identified...

The "civilisation placement tool" and other saved hacks like civbreed DO NOT WORK with the new patch 1.17f.

I will be looking to see whether new hacks are needed or if Firaxis have done anything to stop such hacking...I am very annoyed as they have removed the only way of having correct civ placement.

*IF YOU HAVE PATCHED CIV3 TO 1.17f*
-------------------------------------------------

You need this new version of the "Civilisation Placement Tool" if you have patched civ3 to 1.17f if you want correct civilisation placement. (the one provided in the download works with earlier patches for civ3!)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=131945

Hope that helps!

(haha I'm now playing Version 7 of the mod :) will release it when I feel there are enough changes to warrant it).

OUTSTANDING!

You, my friend are the best!

Im off to start my game as India.

Joe

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
*IF YOU HAVE PATCHED CIV3 TO 1.17f*
-------------------------------------------------

You need this new version of the "Civilisation Placement Tool" if you have patched civ3 to 1.17f if you want correct civilisation placement. (the one provided in the download works with earlier patches for civ3!)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=131945

Hope that helps!

(haha I'm now playing Version 7 of the mod :) will release it when I feel there are enough changes to warrant it).

Good job. Lengthy readme, though!
:goodjob:

Can people tell me if they are getting harassed too much by barbarians at the start of their games?

As this is something I can easily change...civs I think at the moment particularly affected are:

Persians
Indians
Chinese

Any others?

On latest version I am remedying this...what are people finding?

This would stop the Romans expanding too much into siberia and make them expand into Africa instead.

Barbarians have been a fairly big problem for me in my game as India. (especially since I dont have much of a standing army)

Other things Ive noticed are that (in my game) Persia and Greece get overwhelmed quite early.

The Island civs (Japan and England) are waaay behind in tech.

And the Iroqouis are second only to me in terms of score despite their crippled status

Been a very fun game so far. Ive been able to secure my borders from russian expansion (thanx to the himalayas) and Ive started to colonize indonesia.

The european nations are in a state of continual war thanks to a myriad of mutual protection pacts and the fact that russia and germany just cant get along.

Ive managed to stay out of it so far and make up for an early cultural and tech deficit.

Again thanks Kitten.... Great Fun!!!

Im getting a persistent crash at 1200ad right after successfully researching invention and beginning research of gunpowder.

Anyone else getting this?
I noticed there is a post on LWC mod up above about a very similar error. Patch created I assume.

The problem is with the university which is currently tagged as a small wonder??
Hmm

Oh well.

I'll have a look at that...

My latest game on the newest version saw the Romans do particularly well much to my disadvantage :cry:

The Romans took N.Africa in addition to expanding into Siberia...their capture of Spain allowed them iron for legions and they are pretty unstoppable.

I haven't seen major problems in tech for the English and Japanese...are you sure it isn't just a resource issue with these countries?

Well I'll take you comments on board and see what I can do.

i've started off as England and i agree with whoever said Japan and England get way behind in tech. I did

I made up for it though with the G.Libary

I got like 7 techs :D

nice mod kitten

Ok then i will get to the improvements soon, but first prob is that i have your new patch made to be compatible with the new version of the game to make the starting positions work correctly. But i still find that i can see the civ who are now put in the random starting position i was in and plus they get 4 tecs straight away. Plus i tried to make improvements via the civ editor but then when i did that it said that i could not play on it.

Well the improvements i feel you need to do is to let only a certain civ have a wonder, if it historically belongs to them leaving them having realistic cities. Plus we need more wonders from great capitals, maybe capitalisation for America, and like lets say the tower of London etc for England. On with modern wonders, people seem to get the wrong impression on modern wonders of the world and add stupid things into there game if creating a modpack, but one realistic modern wonder would be the channel tunnel, or Hollywood ,well Hollywood not being exactly modern via when it was established.

Also i feel as you still need to add more civs and plus leaving America out was a vital mistake, and letting the Zulus build settlers etc. Without America the Iriques and Aztecs get all them recources that the modern day superpower America gets, damm whats the point of giving them the restrictions, when they can trade with stockpiles of natural recources? Oh yeah this also goes for the zulus who have all that gold, well you cannot help that, i would rather a small state be modernised rather than a big state.

We need them new civs implemented also being Iriques, incas and Spanish. About the debate of Spain, i just dont reackon Europe looks right without Spain. I feel it shall be balanced in Europe if that is done, and probarly Spain will go to Africa or South America and France to Africa mainly providing you make the Russians much more stronger then.

Version 7: Compatible fully with patch 1.17f

Fixed problem concerning Universities and small wonders -ta Joepman!
Adjusted the starting position of the Greeks southwards slightly.
New CPT file etc to work with the latest patch 1.17f and it should be able to work with earlier version.
Corrected some geography in Persia and changed the Persian placement slightly to be correct.
Barbarian settlements more numerous BUT are further from start sites to stop persecution of civs like the Persians and Indians by barbarians in the early part of the game.
Killed the "exhausting" resource aspect of the game.
Some other little touches.

Plans for the future:
Will finally look to adding new units and improvements...and more civs but I really want to first get what I have at present working well.

The readme file contained in the download should explain virtually everything and has been touched up alot.

FILE REPLACED AFTER 47 DOWNLOADS from this location alone...due to possible problems (hell I never got any!) due to naming of file version7.cpf.cpf rather than version7.cpf

Attachments

• kittenworldv7.zip
    162.3 KB · Views: 411
Top Bottom