civ3 problem

jklaidlaw

Chieftain
hi
i've had civ3 for a fairly long time but never played a game to the end. i started using
it recently and half way through a game i notice little explosions. what does this mean?
i do have the manual but couldn't find any reference to this
can anyone tell me please
yours aye
jklaidlaw

That could be... Many. Things.

Could you be a bit more specific? Like, is the explosion in your computer, or on your monitor? Or is it a unit bombarding with artillery and you missed it, or a volcano exploding? Or a bomber doing a bombing run and you just simply missed out on the bomber?

I forget the meaning, it is either corruption or pollution. Check the town, but in any event it is not a problem for you to sweat.

hi all
many thanks for your replies. Bluemofia the explosions usually occur over irrigated ground and the noise made is pop or crackle sound on the monitor.
yours aye
jklaidlaw

In agreement with Bluemofia - from the (limited) description, is it possible this was from an bombardment (artillary, cannon, catapult but also from ships bombarding too) that fired from the AI's turn? I have had games, particulary in the late game were there is a lot of AI movement where the sound effects and graphics for the last bombardment shot carries over into my turn - it happens when the last action of the AI is to bombard. My turn starts, I go through the open screens with units being produced, selecting new builds, etc. Then, when I go to the active game, the explosion (sound and graphic) occurs.

Once I figured it out I stopped paying attention to it, but from my limited recollection, these might happen when final bombardment 'misses' the target - these residual explosion don't seem cause damage that wasn't there at the end of the IBT.

Top Bottom