Civ3Ext

Would it be possible for you to add a feature for playing a video when the human player is building a certain building (Or configure it to possible send a message to another all or issue a command with the building ID of all new constructed buildings by the human player)?

Sorry, but I don't understand exactly what you suggest.
Would it be only a graphical extension or does it bring something for gameplay ?
My program already does something when shields are added to the current production and when it is completed, so I can forward the event...

I can only get this to work in the game, not the editor. I am making a huge 362x362 World map with cities and I can't build anymore!!! I need help! The city build function just vanishes after the 512 mark!

08/29/2003 : Civ3Ext 1.04

A new extension (well, for modders for the moments) : evolving barbarians, as in Civ2. The Functional Barbarians topic gave me the idea :scan:
Triggering events are either the turn number or the advances which have been discovered by the "world".
More info in the readme.

And a bugfix for Roland Johansen : the riot list in MP games ;)

Originally posted by Muchembled

And a bugfix for Roland Johansen : the riot list in MP games ;)

You mean that I can now use the utility to warn me and my opponents in for instance LAN-games that a city will riot next turn and that a city has grown! [dance]

That's great. You're the best Muchembled. :goodjob:

Hi, Great utility can this work with the double your pleasure mod and if so, how......

ok, let's go for a stupid example :D

As first barbarians : default units.
1st evolution : mech infantry, modern tank & a battleship when the world switches to middle age :crazyeye:
2nd : still a mech infantry but an ICBM and a submarine from turn 400, or before if rocketery is discovered

First barbarians can be set either in the .bix or through the registry settings, by choosing turn = 0 and no tech for the prerequisites.

The .reg is attached to this post and relies on the .bix settings for the first units.

Attachments

• ex.zip
    328 bytes · Views: 255
This looks amazing! Where did you get the memory offsets to work with? I have been trying and failing for a while to work out city and tile offsets - if you have any great insight or techniques I would be very grateful. :)

I am going to see if I can convince my PBEM buddies to give this a go with me. Thanks again!

I use your wonderful utility but I encountered a problem. I don't know if it is a bug but after building my 93th city on a huge map with 25 civs and almost every spot of land covered by civs in the year 1590 the game keeps crashing. There must be a 1000 cities I estimate. It crashes immediatly when I build the 94th city in the same turn. Or if I skip to build that one and play on, it crashes on the automatic savegame at the end of the turn. Also if I try to save it after building city 93 the game crashes. It seems that I can't build more than 92 cities during the game or it is the total of cities by all civs but I don't have a clue how much there are at this turn. (estimate 1000)
Do you have an idea what it can be?

Originally posted by Muchembled
Sorry, but I don't understand exactly what you suggest.
Would it be only a graphical extension or does it bring something for gameplay ?
My program already does something when shields are added to the current production and when it is completed, so I can forward the event...
I was thinking in the way of having wonder movies. Myabe by being able to configure your tool to send a message to a specific tool or issue a command when the uilding is completed...

(Of cource it would be even better if you could capture when the ingame wondersplasj is closed as well.. ;)

hi muchembled,

sounds nice what your program can do.

but as some people asked before, is it a problem to create a vanilla 1.29 version???

have a nice day!

loco

This great fansite has a special download section for patches. It is here . Pick the one that belongs to your country. This is a patch for PTW not for vanilla CivIII.

Originally posted by sprnv8
How come the offical site of Civilization III, PTW, and C3C doesn't have it?

:hmm:
The official civ3 site actually does have d/l links...
:)

Maybe you mean a not-so-official site?

Does this also give unlimited (more than 512) city placement in the Civ3 editor?

The 512 cities limit is hardcoded in the the program, and can not be changed.

Top Bottom