Civ4 Modding Suggestions

what?
there are civil wars?
meaning some cities declare indipendence and become a new civ, fighting you?
is that confirmed?
how could i miss that out?
answer if it is so!
now!!!!! :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

would be too great...

holy king said:
what?
there are civil wars?
is that confirmed?
answer if it is so!

would be too great...
Like I said, I don't know how it works. But I know there have been references to civil wars "Civ2 style." I've never played Civ2, so I don't know what that means. I'll find a link and let you see for yourself.

Weasel Op said:
Like I said, I don't know how it works. But I know there have been references to civil wars "Civ2 style." I've never played Civ2, so I don't know what that means. I'll find a link and let you see for yourself.

No, that was a suggestion from Firaxis on what kind of powerful features CAN be modded into the game, I believe.

I would like to see the Naval aspect of the game improved.

Units now have 100 damage points - I believe.

So if you are using a ship to bombard either terrain or units I would like each bombardment to reduce the damage level by a given number - 5 points for example.

This would reflect the depletion of shells used in the bombardment. At some point the ship would have to return to port to replenish its weapons. One turn fortified in port and its damage points are back to 100.

This would be better IMO than the infinite bombardment you have in Civ3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel Op

No, that was a suggestion from Firaxis on what kind of powerful features CAN be modded into the game, I believe.

oh... civ 2 style would mean you can mod a scenario so, that when for instance a civ loses its capital certain cities will become new civs...
(e.g.: in ww1, when you captured london, egypt would become independent

Weasel Op said:
-Decrease unit sizes

This is the first thing I'm gonna do and I've read there is a "unit scale" setting in an XML file so it ought to be a cinch.

holy king said:
what?
there are civil wars?
is that confirmed?
answer if it is so!

would be too great...

It's not in the official game as far as I know, but it was mentioned that people will be able to mod it in if they want it to happen.

I am already fixing up a code for Civil Wars, the way I want to see them in the game. It should be real fun to experiment with everybody else's models also.

Given the fact that the game has already been in the hands of some of the biggest modders in the Civ community-for the last few months at least-then I wouldn't be suprised if we see a civil war mod-and a whole host of other mods-right from the get-go!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.

It would be nice to be able to quickly mod every civ's Air and Naval forces into Civ specific things like Japan gets a Zero and America gets a Lightening ect. A Civ that did not make it to modern times like the Aztecs u can have a bit of fun with- giving them a choice of anyone's models.
I say Ships and Air because there are only a few of those units so it would be a modest flavor mod.
Terrrain could use swamps, and glaciers. Ocean could use some depth.

Aussie_Lurker said:
Given the fact that the game has already been in the hands of some of the biggest modders in the Civ community-for the last few months at least-then I wouldn't be suprised if we see a civil war mod-and a whole host of other mods-right from the get-go!

Yours,
Aussie_Lurker.
Maybe not actual mods, since the great modders aren't necessarily great programmers, but definitely models and concepts that we haven't even thought of.

double post so in short....
Modding Wild animals to attack cities
Modding Barbarians to look like man beast hybrids.
Modding tech to Run Backward.
Modding Population to Decreases with time.
This is for the below mod....

wild animals vs mankind but they have a rape option if they take over a city and their progeny become Island of Dr. Moreau -like man beasts which allows them to start a semi civ with.

The goal is to stop the spread of the beasts and find a cure for the radiation poisening as ur population decreases - not increases-as the game goes on. Tech also works in reverse- u have guns until the ammo is gone then u have to use cross bows ect. Other Ai civs are about and u can nuke each other early if u desire- until they run out ...(While at the same time the beasts are learning things like the spear- ergo increasing towards ur civs tech decrease.):scan:

Sounds like an interesting sci-fi mod concept, probably not something to add in the epic game.

As a compromise on the era-specific improvements issue, I suggest buildings that depend on the era in which they were built. What I mean is the building appearance would depend on era, but it wouldn't change once built. So if you have a city that built a colosseum in the ancient era and one that built a colosseum in the modern era, the former would be a Roman style colosseum and the latter a modern stadium.

Give a second leader for the civ with only one
give a UU depending on the leader: dragons for napoléon, keep musketeers for Louis XIV

for the tech depending on resources, ok but be careful: maybe you discover horses with horseback riding, so needing horses for horseback riding will be dangerous

well, my two cents

Top Bottom