Civ4 Reimagined

The Cho-ko-nu, like the crossbowman that it replaces, can cause collateral damage up to 15%. It's no longer a unique trait of the cho-ko-nu because in Civ4 Reimagined crossbowmen are the default collateral damage units of the medieval era.
The Cho-ko-nu makes up for it by providing 6 potential first strikes. This greatly improves it's survivability on the offense and improves your defensive capabilities at that time.

Edit: After reexamining the unit it might be a little on the weak side though.

Last edited:
Civ4 Reimagined 1.3

This update is not savegame compatible.

Available here: Download Civ4 Reimagined 1.3a

New
-Two new ships: Marauder (Navigation) and Pirate (Guilds). They are weaker than their military counterparts, but bear no markings of nationality. This allows for some early game naval harassing and makes the early naval game more engaging in general
-Two new(ish) medieval technologies: Crop Rotation (Farms spread irrigation; Floating Gardens; Agrarianism) and Civil Service (Longbowman, Crossbowman, Bureaucracy). They are intended to smoothen out some bumps in technology costs
-National building: Great Harbor (Refrigeration; +1:hammers: from water tiles)
-Slaves can be acquired by conquering or razing enemy cities when having Slavery as a civic. There is a threshold of population points you have to conquer before gaining a Slave. The threshold increases with every Slave.

Changes
-Update to K-Mod version 1.45
-Archers and Longbowman gain additional defense bonuses from defensive buildings such as Walls and Castles. Otherwise offensive units with higher ST would benefit more from Walls/Castles than dedicated city defenders, making balancing them tricky. Increased costs to compensate
-Scouts and Explorers cannot enter rival territory
-Chance of destroying buildings when bombarding cities halved
-Naval changes (see also: New pirate ships)
*-Wooden ships gain double production from chopping. This bonus is not applied to overflow production when unit is finished in the same turn.
*-All sailing ships except Frigates have +1 ST (to reduce differences between tiers)
*-Frigates and Privateers have +1 movement
*-Ship of the Lines no longer have combat bonuses vs Frigates
*-AI is more likely to research stronger ships when cities are plundered by pirates
*-Improved AI for building ships in general
*-Viking Longships are Pirates with improved trade blockade ability
*-Ships with hidden nationality now get the same movement penalty when entering enemy territory during war times
-Military units only count towards reducing unhappiness in a city ("We demand military protection!") when they are at most 2 eras behind your current era. Also, they no longer reduce unhappiness in other player's cities
-Classical Temples get converted to state religion temples when adopting a state religion
-Modified resource ratios: Worse ratios during Middle Ages / Renaissance, better ratios later in the game
-Units with hidden nationality no longer contribute to a civ's power value
-Nuclear plants grant +100% production speed for nuclear missiles
-Great Wall has been changed: Available with Construction, free Walls on continent and reduced maintenance for all cities on continent

Tweaks
-Iron Working, Monotheism and Machinery are now classical techs
-Philosophy is now a medieval tech
-Knights strength increased from 9 to 10, cost changed from 70 to 90 and they have -50% city strength
-Heavy Footmen upgrade to Musketmen
-Musketmen no longer have city attack mali
-Axemen bonus vs Archer reduced from 30% to 25%
-Cho-Ko-Nu deals collateral damage to 4 units instead of 3
-Cathedrals cannot be destroyed when bombarding cities
-Colossus obsoletes with Corporation
-Temple of Artemis obsoletes with Education
-Terracotta Army obsoletes with Rifling
-Hanging Gardens require Calender instead of Construction
-Fewer world wonders require stone. Having access to stone still gives production boni in most cases
-Incan Terrace stores 67% food after growth instead of 75%
-"Trade route blocked" now has an appropriatly negative sound effect
-Reduced gold gain from blockading trade routes by 33%
-Horses become obsolete with Industrialism
-Project Internet now requires Fiber Optics. Costs are reduced from 2000 to 1200
-Destroyer upgrade to Stealth Destroyer
-Small adjustments to modern tech tree
-Tech Composites requires Robotics instead of Computers
-Tech Stealth requires Superconductors instead of Advanced Flight and Composites
-Civic Bureaucracy resource ratio modfier increased from +10% to +20%
-Ambush promotion no longer available for air units
-City Raider promotion available for gunpowder units
-Guerilla promotion available for melee units
-Interception promotion available for naval units
-March promotion available for armored units
-Shock promotion no longer available for siege units
-Navigation II promotion grants 2 movement points and is now an optional requirement for Blitz promotion
-Babylonian bowman strength reduced to 3 but gains a 100% bonus vs archery units
-Viking Trading Post moved to Harbor, grants +50% trade route yield, +2 XP and Navigation I
-Wall building quest no longer triggers when Walls are obsolete
-AI is quicker in negotiating open border deals
-AI cancels open borders more sensibly
-Improved AI civic and research tech evaluation
-Smaller chance for barbarian units to spawn in tiles without food
-More stone, more marble

Interface
-Don't show units in city screen that require obsolete resources
-Fix display of negative resource ratio modifiers in city screen

Fixes
-Fixed an OOS error during map initialization
-"The old dynasty has died out" event now has a different drawback. "Unhappiness in capital" was always negated by Dynasticism's unlimited happiness
-Fixed tsunami, sports league and great depression event tooltips
-Fixed 'balanced' resources appearing directly on starting positions
-Players no longer automatically receive slaves when conquering colonial cities or acquiring them by trade
-Fixed a bug that caused AI to bombard cities without any defensive buildings with land based siege units
-Fixed a bug that prevented units from getting automatically moved outside of enemy territory when war was declared
-Fixed a bug that caused sea units to have a bigger visibility range than land units when stationed in cities
-Fixed great person bar showing negative turn numbers on special occasions
-'Homeless children' now correctly costs you money when selecting the second option, not giving you money
-Ships can no longer plunder cities that are unreachable (e.g. on the other side of continent)

Last edited:
Civ4 Reimagined 1.3a (Hotfix)

This update is savegame compatible to 1.3 savegames.

Full version: Download Civ4 Reimagined 1.3a
Update only: Civ4 Reimagined Update 1.3 to 1.3a

Fixes
This patch fixes a bug that caused incorrect calculations of capital commerce for players with the Mercantilism or Absolutism civics.

Note for upgrading 1.3 savegames: If you are already using these civics, you will probably still experience the bug after upgrading.

Civ4 Reimagined 1.3a (Hotfix)

This update is savegame compatible to 1.3 savegames.

Full version: Download Civ4 Reimagined 1.3a
Update only: Civ4 Reimagined Update 1.3 to 1.3a

Fixes
This patch fixes a bug that caused incorrect calculations of capital commerce for players with the Mercantilism or Absolutism civics.

Note for upgrading 1.3 savegames: If you are already using these civics, you will probably still experience the bug after upgrading.

This is outright fantastic!!

You are Great! :thumbsup:
Kudos to you! :):):)

You should buff corvee system, one food for extra upkeep isn't worth it

I was having a fantastic game but i have found a bug that doesn't allow me to continue, as i can load the next turn. I attached the save so that you can look into it, it happens after the third turn

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1748.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
Thank you for your feedback! Glad to hear that you are enjoying our mod. We will take a look at corvee system again for the next version.

I debugged your save and was eventually able to find the issue. It was actually a bug in K-Mod which caused an infinite loop. This will be fixed in the next version and I will report it in the K-Mod thread so it can be fixed there as well. For now I attached a new CvGameCoreDLL to this post so you can finish your game. Just unpack it into Civ4Reimaginded/Assets/ folder overwriting the old dll.

-edit-
Turns out this bug does not exist in K-Mod. I cannot recall touching this part of the code but maybe we did anyway :crazyeye:

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 226
Last edited:
thanks, now i may continue my game :).

Hi, great job on this mod, I’m really enjoying it. What would be the best way to change out the terrain/water textures with the BAT mod terrain graphics? I’ve been swapping around files but just can’t seem to figure it out. Thanks!

Thank you! Nice to hear you like our mod. Just copy BM_v4.50_HI.FPK from BAT-Mod (inside /Assets) to our Mod/Assets folder. That should do it.

Hi there, really enjoying the mod so far. I think I've found a bug though. Even though Republic says it provides increased growth rate for cottages, the growth rate remains the same.

Hi there, really enjoying the mod so far. I think I've found a bug though. Even though Republic says it provides increased growth rate for cottages, the growth rate remains the same.

Thank you for letting us know. We will release an update soon that will fix this and some other bugs.

Really enjoying your mod! It's very nice.
Here's a suggestion(or a request?) : In the city screen, displaying the sum of Happiness(and Health) effect of resources would be helpful.
For the attached screenshot, one can't easily calculate the exact sum of Happiness resources(which is 6.40) so can't quickly grasp whether just one more resource can provide another Happiness or not. Hovering the mouse pointer on Happy icon just displays integer numbers.
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

It gets more difficult in the late games because of various resources and lowered resource ratio.
I think the sum numbers can be placed below the Resource Ratio. They will be useful when negotiating resource trade or deciding a new city site.

And a (apparent) bug : City maintenance cost on Domestic adviser screen seems to show about a half of the real number.
(English is not my mother language so I'm not sure I'm explaining very well. Sorry. :hammer2:)

Really enjoying your mod! It's very nice.
Here's a suggestion(or a request?) : In the city screen, displaying the sum of Happiness(and Health) effect of resources would be helpful.
For the attached screenshot, one can't easily calculate the exact sum of Happiness resources(which is 6.40) so can't quickly grasp whether just one more resource can provide another Happiness or not. Hovering the mouse pointer on Happy icon just displays integer numbers.
It gets more difficult in the late games because of various resources and lowered resource ratio.
I think the sum numbers can be placed below the Resource Ratio. They will be useful when negotiating resource trade or deciding a new city site.
Good idea. We will add that functionality to our release today. And glad you like our mod. :)

dripdrip said:
And a (apparent) bug : City maintenance cost on Domestic adviser screen seems to show about a half of the real number.
Hmm, we can't really reproduce this. If you hover over the city maintenance cost, is the detailed report correct? A save game might be helpful.

Civ4 Reimagined 1.4

This update is not savegame compatible.

Available here soon: Download Civ4 Reimagined 1.4

Tweaks
-"Tech X has been discovered by someone" announcements for all techs that grant free great persons
-Corporation Executives cost scale with era
-Some small AI improvements
-Adjust tech costs

Interface
-Display sum of health and happiness gained from resources for convenience

Fixes
-Fixed a bug in AI steal tech evaluations that could cause an infinite loop during AI turn
-Fixed a bug that caused miscalculations when AI decided if delaying anarchy to wait for another tech made sense
-Fixed a bug that occured when wonders granting free buildings were captured or destroyed
-Fixed a bug that made colonies always decline unit gifts on turn of their liberation
-Republic civic did not change improvement upgrade rate
-Commerce was not always updated during a player's turn

Last edited:
Thank you for your quick reply, quick adoption of my suggestion and a new release.

I attached a save file. The city maintenance cost looks correct. I guess it's just a displaying problem of the domestic adviser.

An opinion : Would you mind if I ask you to consider changing the name 'Royal African Company'? In my humble opinion, a specific region does not have to be necessarily included in the name of that corporation though I fully understand the company did exist in history and can be important for realistic gameplay. I think 'Royal Slavery Company' or just 'Slavery Company' would be good. But if you think it's okay as it is, I quite agree. Please don't be bothered with it.:)

Attachments

• WKON AD-1860.CivBeyondSwordSave
    790.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Hi, I have a suggestion which maybe fits well the spirit of Civ Reimagined.

Considering that your mod tries to simulate the inefficiency of big empires through resource ratios, I have a proposal to intensify this even more:

For each city, you could compute the distance of resources from the city center and apply a reasonable modifier to the global ratio for that specific resource. This would simulate the inefficiency due to the internal transport of goods taking place in the empire. This inefficiency would be notably limiting especially for empires relying on far away cities for strategic resources, and would decrease with technological development as already happens for global ratios.

Last edited:
Top Bottom