1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 Reimagined

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Team NP, Jun 28, 2016.

1. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

hey guys,
    enjoying the mod so far.

ill put in notes as i go.
    so note one - i think axe man to swordsman is a too fast of an upgrade :)
    also - i would have preferred if there were an option to remove pillage by ships (gold plunder)

edit:
    python error upon capitulation to the ai (i was beat hard...)
    bugutl line 695
    Cvdip;omacyinterface line 33
    cvdiplomacy line 536

it canned be committed.

also , ai didnt want cease fire, only for one of my cities...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  2. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

Hey keldath, do you have a savegame before the error?

3. Petromax

Petromax Chieftain

Is there an earth map that works with this mod?

4. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

Thanks for the save game. Yes, the financial advisor show the correct result, but the domestic advisor is quite wrong. Good catch!

Edit: Turns out, the domestic advisor was not adjusting for inflation. Will be fixed in next version.

How do player reliably assess how much a resource is worth? How are resources gained via diplomacy distributed? It would also have vast ramifications about settling positions, about old-world colonization etc. Most importantly, would it be (more) fun to play?
    Don't get me wrong, your suggestion is certainly interesting, but it's a lot of effort for uncertain payoff.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    TheUnderNoticed likes this.
  5. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

All BTS suitable maps should work, just pick what you like. That said, I think the folks from EarthEvolution2 used our mod for their multiplayer games a couple times.

6. Petromax

Petromax Chieftain

Thanks. That earthevolution2 map works, but the game crashes when I try any of the BTS maps. The Accurate Earth map works, but only the blank one.

7. dripdrip

dripdrip Chieftain

Cavalry seems to need an upgrade path after Horses are obsoleted. Motorized infantry can be a candidate, I think, if a new adequate unit cannot be easily introduced for now.:)

8. TheUnderNoticed

TheUnderNoticed Chieftain

You are so right with your remarks. And I can't answer your questions indeed.

9. jbp

jbp Chieftain

Excellent mod. It's the way Civ4 should be. There is a bit of Total War flavour in the balance as well, which is nice.

10. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

Thank you for the feedback. That is nice to hear :)

11. jbp

jbp Chieftain

You're welcome : )

I have encountered a bug.

Some tiles got blockaded by Marauder ships; a couple of them seem to be perma-blocked (as in, the blockade effect can't be lifted). It's happened in a couple other games.

Here's a screenshot and a save game, in case it's useful.

Attached Files:

12. Darth Malus

Darth Malus Chieftain

Downloaded and installed the mod, however the mod does not load. Any advice on this issue?

---Edit---
    When I select the mod, Civ 4 unloads as usual, but no reloading of the mod.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  13. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

Thank you. We'll look into it.

What operating system do you use? Do you have BtS installed and updated to the latest version (3.19)? Make sure the latest patch is really installed, the automatic patch process is not reliable. Do other mods work for you (especially K-Mod)? Do you see any kind of error message or python exception? Can you try the following:
    - create a shortcut from Civ4BeyondSword.exe in your Beyond the Swords folder
    - append -mod= Civ4 Reimagined to the target, so it looks similar to this: "INSERT PATH TO YOUR CIV FOLDER HERE\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" -mod= Civ4 Reimagined and run it from there

If it still does not work, can you download it again? Maybe the download was corrupted.

14. Darth Malus

Darth Malus Chieftain

Windows 10
    Civ version: 317, build version: 3.1.3.1(104717)
    I ran the defender Mod and it oppened normally.
    Will try this later, however it looks like I need the 3.19 version.
    Thanks for the assistance.

I took a snap shot of the "about Beyond the Sword", but I do not know how to attach a picture.

15. Darth Malus

Darth Malus Chieftain

Downloaded the 3.19 patch and that solved the issue. The zip file from civfanatics would not extract properly, I had to download from another site. Thanks again for the assistance.

Team NP likes this.
  16. Montezuma12

Montezuma12 Chieftain

Curious if others have this problem. AI almost never releases their overseas colonies, just keeps them for itself instead. Intended?

17. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

In my games AI usually starts releasing its colonies starting in the mid 17th century. When entering the modern era almost all island/smaller continents are in the hand of released colonies. Which settings do you use (difficulty, map type/size, game speed, number of players)? Do you have a savegame maybe?

18. zeroRPGmaker

zeroRPGmaker Chieftain

Just dropping by to say that this mod is perfect for taking vanilla Civ IV and enhancing it the best ways. I really hate how Civ IV did artillery... it was stupid

19. FloppyFishTully

FloppyFishTully Chieftain

Bump/necro of sorts.

I wanted to ask wether any of those who play this mod has seen the AI use Autocracy.

It feels a bit on the OP side for early conquest, easy to abuse by a human player, but I don't remember AI civs using it; some of them would really benefit from it.

Maybe some AI algorithm makes it so that the no GP/cottage growth feature is overweighted in the civic choice mechanics, so they pass it over in favour of other options. It's low upkeep, though, and +75% for military units is overwhelmingly good.

Cheerio.

20. Team NP

Team NP Chieftain

Thank you for your comment. That is a good catch. The AI does use Autocracy but almost exclusively in the late game. There was a bug in the AI evaluation that lead to underestimating it in the early game. It will be fixed in the next version which should be released in the not too far future. We had it in the pipeline for a while, it just needs a few more fixes so hopefully we can finish it soon.

Would you say Autocracy is a bit too strong overall?