Civ4Diplo Features with Community Patch, not Vox Populi?

thetastyenigma

Chieftain
Hello! Had a quick question.

I've played a few games with the Steam version of the Civ4Diplo features mod installed. It's been fun, although I know this isn't maintained anymore and there are a few bugs.

I'm currently playing through a game with the Community Patch (not the full balance patch/Vox Populi) installed, using the autoinstaller. I'm extremely impressed with the AI in the Community Patch vs. Vanilla: that is the main reason I wanted to play with the Community Patch.

I don't have any interest in playing with the Community Balance Patch/Vox Populi right now, as I know it changes a good deal and I'm still relatively new to Civ.

However, I really like the CivIVDiplo features patch, and wanted to play a game with both the Community Patch and Civ IV Diplo. Is there any way to do this? I know the Community Patch blocks using Civ IV Diplo using Steam (which is fine since I know that's an older version of Civ IV Diplo that isn't supported anymore), but I don't see a way to enable Civ IV Diplo with the Community Patch at all. I'd need to use the Community Balance Patch/Vox Populi, but I'd like to avoid doing that.

Thanks!

No.

I don't have any interest in playing with the Community Balance Patch/Vox Populi right now, as I know it changes a good deal and I'm still relatively new to Civ.
Honestly, if you are new to Civ V, don't hesitate, play full VP directly, you won't be able to do without it :).

Hello! Had a quick question.

I've played a few games with the Steam version of the Civ4Diplo features mod installed. It's been fun, although I know this isn't maintained anymore and there are a few bugs.

I'm currently playing through a game with the Community Patch (not the full balance patch/Vox Populi) installed, using the autoinstaller. I'm extremely impressed with the AI in the Community Patch vs. Vanilla: that is the main reason I wanted to play with the Community Patch.

However, I really like the CivIVDiplo features patch, and wanted to play a game with both the Community Patch and Civ IV Diplo. Is there any way to do this? I know the Community Patch blocks using Civ IV Diplo using Steam (which is fine since I know that's an older version of Civ IV Diplo that isn't supported anymore), but I don't see a way to enable Civ IV Diplo with the Community Patch at all. I'd need to use the Community Balance Patch/Vox Populi, but I'd like to avoid doing that.

Thanks!
You either have to use the older version (before the merge), or just go straight with VP with all of its overhaul.

You either have to use the older version (before the merge), or just go straight with VP with all of its overhaul.
No promises on it working then, either.

No promises on it working then, either.

An old version that lets me run Community Patch and the CivIV diplomatic options together actually sounds like what I'm looking for - I'm totally fine with the occasional bug (the standalone version of CivIVDiplo on Steam is pretty old and has some bugs, but that's been fine for me!).

Was this the first version after the merge? https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-version-2-0-3-april-1-2022.676113/

If so, would I be looking for the most recent stable version before the merge?

I'm not sure where the old version links are, would be grateful if someone had them/had suggestions on which version to use - thanks!

An old version that lets me run Community Patch and the CivIV diplomatic options together actually sounds like what I'm looking for - I'm totally fine with the occasional bug (the standalone version of CivIVDiplo on Steam is pretty old and has some bugs, but that's been fine for me!).
To be more specific, fundamental parts of it may not work. I don't know.

All versions from 1.0 onwards have been released on GitHub: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/releases

Top Bottom