1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ5: WW1 Ship Pack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by snafusmith, Sep 16, 2016.

1. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

This pack includes 5 ships: HMS Dreadnought, HMS Lion (a WW1 British Battlecruiser), a generic Superdreadnought, SMS Elster (an Austrian Torpedo Boat) and a generic Seaplane Tender.

The HMS Lion and Superdreadnought are new. The superdreadnought is mainly a modified Civ5 battleship. The other units are modified (simplified) models and all new textures.

The seaplane tender includes teamcolor.

Preview:
    Spoiler :

DOWNLOAD HERE!

ENJOY!
    -Smitty

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  2. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Chieftain

Great units again ! Do you plan to do the WWI bombers you did for Civ4 as well?

3. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

Next up is some aircraft. I made one each of each major type of aircraft in WW1, so that's what's coming. 3 versions of fighter, 3 versions of bombers, and 1 seaplane.

4. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Chieftain

5. onmy6

onmy6 Chieftain

I am curious snafusmith is the Torpedo Boat suppose to behave similar to a Sub ie: submerges a little in deep water but glides on top of the water in the shallows? doesn't bother me either way, I just want to make sure it's not the coding on my end, cheers

6. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

Hmmm... I'm not honestly sure. I have the animations turned off for the most part when I play. I didn't intend for it to do that, but that doesn't mean it won't. It's shouldn't move up or down though. Are you giving it any unique promotions? Do you have CanMoveImpassable=true set in your code?

7. onmy6

onmy6 Chieftain

No it is most definitely on my end :crazyeye:. I had the "CanMoveImpassable" promo on, everything is working as it should now, thanks snafusmith.

I did not know that about the "PROMOTION_CAN_MOVE_IMPASSABLE" basically turning ships into subs, good to know :)

8. Frossa

Frossa Chieftain

I can't seem to get these Units to display correctly in-game. I'm using the Battleship ArtDefines as the template for them, if that has any effect. This is how they look:

When attacking they don't play any animation either, the enemy just takes damage.