Civ5: WW1 Ship Pack

snafusmith

Unit Maker
This pack includes 5 ships: HMS Dreadnought, HMS Lion (a WW1 British Battlecruiser), a generic Superdreadnought, SMS Elster (an Austrian Torpedo Boat) and a generic Seaplane Tender.

The HMS Lion and Superdreadnought are new. The superdreadnought is mainly a modified Civ5 battleship. The other units are modified (simplified) models and all new textures.

The seaplane tender includes teamcolor.

Preview:
Spoiler :

DOWNLOAD HERE!

ENJOY!
-Smitty

Last edited:
Great units again ! Do you plan to do the WWI bombers you did for Civ4 as well?

I am curious snafusmith is the Torpedo Boat suppose to behave similar to a Sub ie: submerges a little in deep water but glides on top of the water in the shallows? doesn't bother me either way, I just want to make sure it's not the coding on my end, cheers

I am curious snafusmith is the Torpedo Boat suppose to behave similar to a Sub ie: submerges a little in deep water but glides on top of the water in the shallows? doesn't bother me either way, I just want to make sure it's not the coding on my end, cheers

Hmmm... I'm not honestly sure. I have the animations turned off for the most part when I play. I didn't intend for it to do that, but that doesn't mean it won't. It's shouldn't move up or down though. Are you giving it any unique promotions? Do you have CanMoveImpassable=true set in your code?

No it is most definitely on my end :crazyeye:. I had the "CanMoveImpassable" promo on, everything is working as it should now, thanks snafusmith.

I did not know that about the "PROMOTION_CAN_MOVE_IMPASSABLE" basically turning ships into subs, good to know :)

I can't seem to get these Units to display correctly in-game. I'm using the Battleship ArtDefines as the template for them, if that has any effect. This is how they look:

When attacking they don't play any animation either, the enemy just takes damage.

Top Bottom