WW1-WW2 Naval Vessels Discussion

Sorry to ask, but under what "name" did Wyrmshadow hide this early russian. Was it the early version or the WW2 version ?

It´s the Marat, early WW II.

For the Maunsell sea forts;

Should they be made to rotate in all directions? I can't remember how others were done; like some of Wyrmshadows sea fortresses. I think those did rotate in all directions.

I suppose I could make 2 versions.. one that has all directions, and one that only faces in the fortify direction (facing SE), only because it might be kind of odd seeing something like this rotate directions. Here it is now:

It's not done yet, there was no helipad on WW2 version, instead had command tower thingy there.

I think that might be too large.

I didn't size it down yet. :) Since a platform like this shouldn't shift around at all... I'm making renders in only 1 direction. And guns on the platform will move and attack in the direction of the attacking ship.

Looking good. I'm reminded of the immediately-pre-First-Gulf-War thoughts of using oil platforms for helos and VTOLs.

The Helipad is gone from it, and the tower has been added on top. I can though render out a default, death of the post WW2 version with helipad, if you want it.

The Helipad is gone from it, and the tower has been added on top. I can though render out a default, death of the post WW2 version with helipad, if you want it.

Thanks, but I'll hold my breath and turn purple until someone makes a modern-day oil rig w/helipad :joke: Truly you're a gentleman & a scholar, but I don't have a need for such a beast ATM, so I'm good.

:beer: ,

Oz

tom2050 :thanx:
:worship:
thanks for the Marine units
wish you much happiness on your way!
:salute:
Hope for a small lottery with your options

:coffee:
with best regards,
Wotan49
:old:

Just a question on any situation on doing the (might-do) Gangut BB.

Wyrmshadows version of the Marat looks very much as after the remake for WW2.

I think a small need for a Russian Battleships pre-WW1.
The Russian Navy is as the French little thin in the steel-years up to WW2.

Top Bottom