Civ6 6otM 03 After Actions Report

Save file below. Actually dont remember so much from the game since I played it about three weeks ago. I just had around 1 hour left of the game before finish, but didn't have time untill now to play it through.

Attachments

• HOJO TOKIMUNE 227 1580 AD.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 209
Religious victory in turn 219 1540 AD with a score of 182

- How many cities did you settle or capture?
I settled 6 cities.

- How much warring did you do?
none

- Were City-States helpful?
Sent envoys to the religious ones to boast faith.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
As mentioned by others, took a long time to find France.

- Did you enjoy the game?
Indeed. I enjoy the GOTM with specified victory conditions to encourage me to try for ones I might not otherwise do - in this case religious.

- Spread the word thru peace and love, or conversion by the sword?
peace and love was all I needed. Sending out missionaries and apostates was effective. I was never attacked and maintained a rather minimal military of Samurai just in case.

Attachments

• HOJO TOKIMUNE 219 1540 AD.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 195
Religious Victory on turn 185 (1240 AD)

- How many cities did you settle or capture?:
Settled 3. Captured 3.

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
Went for samurai and heavy chariots early.

- Did You get the first religion?
Think so.

Destroyed Greece, Greece, and Brazil.

Yerevan of course. Proselytizer

Couldn't find the last civ (Norway) and had to search for him. Surprised when my apostles were actually a different relgiion (oops, wrong Holy District).

Yes, will go for Religious victory again.

Sword, then easy domination through religion which saved some bloodshed. I imagine like how Donald Trump would do.

Alex

Attachments

• Gotm3-ReligionVC_Vainhero_Win.Civ6Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 214
captured? About 12. Settled? about 1 by myself and 4 from captured settlers

Priorirized culture so I could make corps and beelined horses for knights

Yes, built stonehedge for it as to be expected

Killed E V E R Y O N E except france who was hiding on her own island

They were! surprisingly, the bonuses helped since my capital was a warmachine

Nothing surprised me, I've played enough civ6 to be jaded by now.

Eh, I enjoy GOTM but I'm not really feeling civ6

Conversion by peace, at least for france. Everyone else just built wonders for me or gave me their cities and their lives. So weird.

Attachments

• GOTM3 197 1360 AD.Civ6Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 198
Turn 212 Score 289.

Found this one to be extremely boring. I think I'll be skipping religious victory conditions after this one. In retrospect I should have warmongered and then converted the remaining ones but I didn't. I usually don't get too upset at the AI but in this one there was just no challenge. My military is pathetic and yet I am leading in military strength. I didn't even bother with science and I am leading. I didn't bother with culture and I am in second place. I am finding Civ 6 to be far easier than Civ 5.

Attachments

• HOJO TOKIMUNE 212 1505 AD.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 155
Turn 176 Score 256

To go for Religious Victory is completely different from my normal approach. I didn't care much about science, still I was 1st, same for Culture but being 2nd. I only concentrated on those Techs and Civics which helped me with this religious approach or with Envoys. I did not start any wars, but Pericles and Brazil declared war on me (the same turn as always). Both wars ended without any loss on either side! Pericles requested peace after one attack of my Samurai on Ephesus wich resulted about 33% of the city power ;-)

I found 7 cities, 3 of them only for Luxury resources.
Tried to build Stonehenge, but England was faster. Though this was luck, he had no Holy site only a founded religion. They were the first to be converted. I converted those first who founded a religion and started with their holy city. I have never met any foreign Missionaries or Apostles. I chose the following beliefs:
Feed the world (Shrine and Temple same Food as Faith)
Mosque (+1 spread)
Missionary Zeal (religious units ignore terrain costs)
Pilgrimage (to produce even more Faith)
Being Suzerain of Yerevan was also high priority to able to choose manually the promotion for my Apostles.

I enjoyed the game

Attachments

• HOJO 176 1150 AD mikellos RelVic.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 208
This game is now closed for submissions.

Please feel free to continue to post your experiences with the game or any replays you might play.

Religious Victory
Turn 160
Score 198

I settled 4 cities. I forward settled Victoria to the west, at some point she tried to expand past me to the east. She managed to get Leeds out but lost a settler to the barbs which I snagged in order to found Fukuoka for the 5th city but it was later in the game and didn't really matter.

I found a relic in a goody hut so I knew I wanted to get my religion started asap. I started mining into masonry to clear the forests and stone near the capital in conjunction with goddess of the harvest. This was my first try with goddess of the harvest since it was removed in the later expansions. You can see why, very OP. After masonry I snagged astrology and started working on my holy sites. I went straight towards Theology and temples in the civic tree right after Political Philosophy. Tech tree I focused on shipbuilding because I could only find 6 of the 8 civs and figured one was on an island somewhere. Then I grabbed machinery into siege tactics (which I never made it to) so I could get walls down as Victoria was amassing a bit of an army.

Yes
1672418196299.png

None.

Yes, I utilized the giant heads from La Venta to improve my faith per turn so I could eventually pump out an apostle every few turns. Proselytizer is an incredible promotion.
Jerusalem, Kandy, and Yerevan were all helpful with 3 envoys to get quite a bit of faith per turn. I wanted to snag Yerevan to focus on proselytizer but Pericles had 7 envoys and I just wasn't going to be able to overtake him.

I was surprised how easy and fast this victory was, I have never tried a religious victory before. I would have won A LOT sooner if I could have found Harold and Catherine more timely, probably 50 turns sooner.

I did! I was surprised how fun the theological combat was and I felt accomplished each time I snuffed out a religion so I didn't have to worry about any spreads. My early focus on faith put me so far ahead I was ending religions a few turns after they were founded. I struggled with what to take for my beliefs but I'm very happy with the Missionary Zeal belief as I was able to get through all that tough terrain with blitz like speed.

Entirely through word.

1672417627655.png

Attachments

• 6otM 03.Civ6Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
RV turn 135, score 278

Spoiler :
1712578120951.png

Spoiler :
1712578995317.png

5 settles, 4 forming the 'core' empire and one late game settler theft from Brazil. Conquered 7 more: the whole of England, Arabia and Kandy which had outlived it's usefulness
Astrology first of course, but then culture became the priority with Theology, Reformed Church and Feudalism for samurai critical.
Yes, by a good margin, which inevitably made things much easier.

Took out England for the extra cities and Arabia as they were the only ones with an established religion of their own. There were a bunch of joint wars for money in there too. I shied away from attacking Greece as they had wall up early, but in hindsight, conquest first, religion second was probably the way to go with this.

Yerevan was good for the apostle promotions, but anything else kicked in too late to be impactful.
Having gone dance of the aurora and settled two cities in the icy wastes I was extremely surprised to learn work ethic doesn't work the same way in the base game and my dream of production powerhouse tundra cities was foiled. At least the faith yields were good. England getting the first pantheon and picking desert folklore despite the complete absence of desert in their territory was a blow, but not a surprise given Civ 6's AI.
Yes, I can rarely be arsed with religion games, but the difficulty level meant this one flew by, and the focus was really on optimisation.
Bit of both, but looking at some of the incredibly quick times posted in here, more violence was probably the answer.

For some reason games 4 and 5 are giving me a weird bug. Not unplayable but I had to check the AAR threads to see if anyone had had the same issue, so I guess they're null and void and it's on to 6 for me.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0134.Civ6Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Top Bottom