1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ6 Full Screen Mac Issues

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by rover6695, Sep 16, 2019.

1. rover6695

rover6695 Prince

Never had a problem before but now, it is not opening in full screen.
    I went game options>graphics>full screen but each time I do, when I hit 'confirm' it asks if I want to keep current resolution settings and no matter what I click it goes back to being windowed.
    What's going on?

Mac Retina
    Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

2. Redemption951

Redemption951 Chieftain

Having this same problem. I can't even start a game as the button is behind the task bar on the bottom and can't access it.

3. Vrenir

Vrenir King

It’s a known issue with the latest patch (MAC version). I’m hoping it will be addressed by Aspyr very soon, as I’d really like play a new game.

You can get around it meanwhile by going into Options on the Aspyr loading window that pops up before click Play. There you can change your graphics from Metal to OpenGL. The game will load in full-screen, but it won’t run as smoothly (in my experience, it’s practically unplayable, but if you have a more powerful computer it may be worth it).

4. Redemption951

Redemption951 Chieftain

Vrenir, thanks for the tip. Just tried this and it worked. Like you said though the game was lagging big time even trying to get thru the initial game set-up page so I exited the game. I guess we'll have to wait on Aspyr then.

5. rover6695

rover6695 Prince

Thank you for clarifying...so is it STEAM or Asphyr we need to update their patch?

6. Luddify

Luddify Chieftain

Aspyr posted in the Steam forum that they are working on it but unfortunately is not an easy fix.

7. Vrenir

Vrenir King

Any Aspyr info? I played in Windowed mode last night, but the game eventually crashed around the start of the industrial era.

8. Luddify

Luddify Chieftain

Sadly none that I've seen. I did finish a game in OpenGL mode but it looked and ran like a game from 2009.

9. FlyinPhil

FlyinPhil Chieftain

Same issue, 2014 MBP with OP's same graphics card, non-Steam version, tried playing under both Mac OS 10.14 and 10.15, no difference. When I select Full Screen in the video options, I get the confirmation timer, and the same result no matter which option I select (Yes, No, or wait for timer to run out); it always goes back to windowed mode. Hoping Aspyr patches this issue soon; I'm between classes right now and finally have some free time to play! I can't stand windowed mode!

10. processoriented

processoriented Chieftain

I've seen the same on my end... just to note, if you're willing to play in a windowed mode, then the game will still run on metal (or, at least it will for me). Only issue there is that at random (or seemingly random - I can't find a pattern) the "World Tracker" section pushes itself up to the top of the window, covering the status bar, and hiding my science, culture, gold, faith, etc. indicators. Only fix I have found for that is exiting and re-entering the game. Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 1.42.03 PM.png

11. Redemption951

Redemption951 Chieftain

I just run the game in a window now. Game works great and I've run several games from start to finish now. It seems to run better for me as it doesn't slog towards the later game. It no longer crashes any time I try and re-load or exit a game back to the main menu.