Civ6++

Civ6++ 1.11

Cool mod. Even though I only kept a small part of it :
- district progression model (greatest part!)
- scout strength 12
- edited lua to have less city states as suggested
I deleted the rest because the vanilla seems ok to me.

I'm still looking for a mod to make the AI attack more your units with its units when at war (it's so cautious you can shoot them so easily now), and AI+ is in fact not that good at that (and very bad at other aspects).

Thanks for the feedback!
Adjusting the mod to each one's personal preference is exactly the intention of this mod. It's a collection of different features, so it's virtually impossible that it will be perfect for anyone.

The min city distance is probably the most controversial setting. Personally I love the bigger distance because it leads to less cities (and in combination with the increased regional effects, won't harm balance). The beauty of modding is that you can simply change one number and you're back to vanilla settings.

Question regarding the lua-edit:
Did you edit the original file or have you found a way to change the value in the modding folder? I don't want to mess with the original files, but I don't know how to do the lua files in a mod.
And did you use the "math.floor..." approach for a percentage reduction of city states or did you set a constant value?

#a.i.
I can't help in this regard, that's way beyond my capabilities.

Nope I just edited the original file after made a backup, and yeah I used a floor like you, didnt even look if there was a round (dont care +/-1), only thing is I made it even lower (mb .6 of original, forgot). Maybe you can chek other mods (more complex ones) to see if they can modify lua (and how)

Nope I just edited the original file after made a backup, and yeah I used a floor like you, didnt even look if there was a round (dont care +/-1), only thing is I made it even lower (mb .6 of original, forgot). Maybe you can chek other mods (more complex ones) to see if they can modify lua (and how)
The floor works. I tested it on a 2 player duel map.

I don't want to mess with the original files, but I don't know how to do the lua files in a mod.
You can download cqui from github, he obviously has modified lua files in the mod. https://github.com/chaorace/cqui
Or go to quick ui forum in civfanatics and follow from there https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/quick-ui-civilization-6.25413/

Seems to me (made a quick compare with notepad++) that you have to include the whole (but modified) lua file in the mod. Well I haven't really tried so you'd better ask there, or look into this more than I did ;)

You can download cqui from github, he obviously has modified lua files in the mod. https://github.com/chaorace/cqui
Or go to quick ui forum in civfanatics and follow from there https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/quick-ui-civilization-6.25413/

Seems to me (made a quick compare with notepad++) that you have to include the whole (but modified) lua file in the mod. Well I haven't really tried so you'd better ask there, or look into this more than I did ;)

Thanks! Will look into that in the near future. Currently too busy to continue work on the mod. I already had the modified original lua-file in my mod, but the game didn't use the file. Something to look into for a future version.

I tested the mod with the new winter update. Don't seem to be any problems, was a quick test though.
If the game doesn't load, then it must be related to other activated mods. I had the "production queue" mod activated for instance and the map didn't load. When de-activated it loaded correctly.

I've just gotten the tech for neighbourhoods, and they have the insanely high vanilla cost right (400+ production) right after I've researched them. I'm not using any other mods which should affect district costs, and all the other district costs wok as intended. Is anyone else experiencing this issue with this mod?

I've just gotten the tech for neighbourhoods, and they have the insanely high vanilla cost right (400+ production) right after I've researched them. I'm not using any other mods which should affect district costs, and all the other district costs wok as intended. Is anyone else experiencing this issue with this mod?

Looking closer, it also seems like the aquaduct has the same issue.

Hmm, thanks for noticing. I haven't really played the game in a while and not adjusted the mod to the latest patch.

Top Bottom