CivAssist II

CivAssist II 30-Oct-2016

I've used CivAssistII last night and it works like a charm. Compliments on the looks and the large amount of usefull data presented. I used it on a conquest scenario and as far as I could see, all the specifics of that scenario were correct. F.I. the upgrades to column for the units saves a lot of time searching the CivPedia in scenarios. Also the world map feature is great.

I'll use it on a new game, to get grips on all the information. By the time you finish a game it's a lot of info to digest for the first time.

To come back on the cosmetic bug I mentioned above, it seems to happen only in off-line mode. When I use it in game the captions are there immedeatly.

Also two odd things happened last night, not sure if it's CivAssist to blame, but I'll just mention it so you can decide.

1. When I pressed the hide button on the big (main??) form I couldn't get it back. Not by clicking a category on the small alert form or on the hide/unhide button in the left top corner. Restarted CivAssist and it worked again.
2. I save the game at the start of the turn, and then at the end, as I would be victorious at the start of the next turn. Civ3 gave error that it wasn't able to save the game. After renaming it was OK. Looks like CivAssist was still using the save. Never got this message before, so it looks CivAssist related.

Overall it looks and feels very robust, so I don't think you'll have to spend a lot of time debugging this one.

I got this program. And in diplomacy it think it tells about the civs. what government they have, what government is their fovarite and which one they hate. How can i see that about myself

Some things noted:
- Workers are either "Regular" or "Veteran" (on both the map and military screens). I don't suppose they could be re-labeled "Slaves" and "Natives"?
- On the File dialog, an option to exclude auto-saves would be nice (I'm set up to keep potentially all 540 auto-saves... it might get a bit crowded!)
- The Options, File, Combat Calculator dialogs (and presumably others) get shown in the taskbar. I wouldn't normally expect dialogs to show up there.

Michelangelo said:
2. I save the game at the start of the turn, and then at the end, as I would be victorious at the start of the next turn. Civ3 gave error that it wasn't able to save the game. After renaming it was OK. Looks like CivAssist was still using the save. Never got this message before, so it looks CivAssist related.
If you look at the bottom right, it says how many milliseconds it took to load. After that, it should be OK. If its taking a long time, then yes, it probably is still using it!

Glad to see it done finnialy.

Through the .net framework thingy is a pain in the ass to DL at 6K a sec. :(

Just had a chance to test this. And I am speechless ainwood. CivAssit 1 is a Ford model T compared to this. So many new features (and several errors) that I can not think of words to describe this.

Found another bug:

Pressing Technology tab on the save found in this post gives an error

Spoiler error details text :
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: index
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.EnsureVisible(Int32 index)
at bk.c()
at cr.aa()
at g5.a(cw A_0, Boolean A_1)
at g5.a(Int32 A_0)
at g5.e(Int32 A_0)
at g5.ac(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I like some of the new (at least to me) alerts. Looks great, but have not really tested it, only that it does load and run. Great job guys. Sure how you can port it to Civ4.

Rik Meleet said:
Small bug:
In the Miscellaneous tab it shows the Capital as an option to build the FP in.
Same for the Economy tab and the Culture tab.

Well, you could do it by first build the palace somewhere else, then build the FP, and then put the palace back again

You can have both FP and palace in same city as long as the FP is there first.. (easy way to test this is to abandon your capital untill it end up in the FP city :p)

I'm getting a lot of errors (some are when I try to load a file from say TR04), but I'm running it at work too and don't have the game installed on this machine.

Is at least one version of Civ a requirement or should it run regardless? I can PM the errors and/or saves or post them here if it should run without Civ installed.

The program gives spoiler info about what units are loaded into boats.. if you select an opponent boat and click the combat calculator, you get the list of loaded units in the pulldown list

Can I see the excess food each city produces so I can check cities are +5?

Top Bottom