CivAssist II

CivAssist II 30-Oct-2016

namliaM said:
How about adding in a "research done in x turns with overrun"
Where x can be 2,3 or 4 maybe even 5?
Cause you can then tune better and get closer to a 0 beker overflow (IMO)

Greetz
Or when reducing the slider will net the same turns left. Maybe in 10% increments like "beaker overflow of more than 10%, 20%, etc."

I got an overflow message on the last turn of research but reducing the slider wasn't possible without increasing research time by a turn.

Denniz said:
I got an overflow message on the last turn of research but reducing the slider wasn't possible without increasing research time by a turn
That's when you hire some scientists (if possible) after lowering the sci level. That is if overflow is bothersome to you. On lower levels you might not care if you overrun 10 beakers and the production lost to the scientist is not worth it.

I am overwelmed. :goodjob: So much to look at. I think my average playing time per game is going to increase. ;)

One thing I would request is compressing the autosave files. Since Dianthus added it to Map Stat, I am spoiled. Also, I don't think that full sized files are acceptable for the HoF optional 1000BC, 10AD, and 1000AD save slots. So I would have to open and re-save each for any HoF submissions. (I am not sure if that would increase the saved counts in those saves, but that would be a concern.)

Tubby Rower said:
That's when you hire some scientists (if possible) after lowering the sci level. That is if overflow is bothersome to you. On lower levels you might not care if you overrun 10 beakers and the production lost to the scientist is not worth it.
Good point. I didn't think about scientists. It was early MA so that wasn't an option for the most part. I guess I was thinking that if I had an overrun on the last turn then I might have been able to lower the slider a couple turns earlier. In hindsight that doesn't make sense unless I was willing to wait at least an extra turn.

I have a C3C save open (150BC save from eldar04) and it's showing unit upgrade costs at PtW prices (2x shields).

Denniz said:
Also, I don't think that full sized files are acceptable for the HoF optional 1000BC, 10AD, and 1000AD save slots.
The upload trouble starts when the .sav files are greater than 2mb.

Tubby Rower said:
::UPDATE::: I installed some mod packs only and it seems as though I need to get all of the files. It just didn't know how to resolve the lack of the default directory and nothing entered into the override slot.
OK - there is a bug in the Install Path Override anyway (fixed, but not yet released).

The reason you can't load a lot of these saves is that they are C3C saves. In Civ & PTW all the "rules" are stored in the saves (building, unit and govt information, techs etc). In C3C, they are only stored in the saves when it is a scenario - a save generated simply by loading Conquests and starting a new game will not work in CivAssist, unless you have Conquests installed.

The work-around for this (once we release the next update) is as follows:

1. Create a directory where you will put your modpacks etc.
  2. Create a "Conquests" subdirectory.
  3. Download the C3C 1.22f patch.
  4. Install it to the Conquests directory that you created, ignoring any error messages etc.
  5. Set the install path over-ride to be the parent directory.

This way, the patch will install Conquests.BIQ, and civassist will look for it in the install path over-ride, and read the necessary info from that.

We will probably release a new version over the weekend. :)

Turner_727 said:
I hope this means something to someone:
Spoiler :
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at do.d(f9 A_0)
at hd.h()
at fk.a(cw A_0)
at gx.b(cw A_0)
at c2.a()
at c2.d(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I get this when clicking on 'new report' in the alerts tab.
Do you get that every time? If not, then can you please send a save where its reproducable, or the circumstances under which you can get it to happen?

Turner_727 said:
I hope this means something to someone:
Spoiler :
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at do.d(f9 A_0)
at hd.h()
at fk.a(cw A_0)
at gx.b(cw A_0)
at c2.a()
at c2.d(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CivAssist
Assembly Version: 2.0.1956.40069
Win32 Version: 2.0.1956.40069
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/CivAssist%20II/CivAssist.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

I get this when clicking on 'new report' in the alerts tab.

I got this once this morning, however, I forget the save I got it with. :( I tried all my recent saves and it looks like it does not happen again, so I'm not sure what happened. I'll try to reproduce it if I can.

Yes, it will, as well as the Conquests.

-------------------------------------

ainwood, I think the unconnect resource alert is nice, and very convenient, however, perhaps you should have it only display a resource once, and then in parentheses have # of resources if more than one?

Look at the following picture:

Rather than have Incense, Incense, Incense, could it be Incense (3), ... ? I'm not sure how hard this is to implement, but I'm sure it can be as hard as some of the others you have already in here!

@Ginger_Ale: That's actually because each one is a separate link to a map location - you can click on each one, and it will take you to the location of it. Tomas suggested that we could change the format somewhat:

There are disconnected sources of Incense [1, 2, 3] and Iron in your territory

That way, it looks a bit better, but the click-to-see functionallity is retained.

Ah, yes. I have used the click-to-make function for barbarians too, and indeed I find it easy. I do think Incense [1,2,3] is a much better way of doing it, and less cluttering.

ainwood said:
Do you get that every time? If not, then can you please send a save where its reproducable, or the circumstances under which you can get it to happen?

Yeah, every time. :(

Reproducing it I can say now: Just go to the alerts tab, select some alerts (i'll let you know which ones in my email) and select 'New Report'. That's when it crashes.

The save will be a while tho. At work now.

Okay, I think I found the problem. I'm playing RnR, and it doesn't want to load the RnR save. When I loaded an old save from my mod (basically basic rules with few tweaks) it loaded just fine.

Top Bottom