CivCraft -- Minecraft Server -- World8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed a server build with cpu optimizations. This reduces some sources of lag.

Should also point out. If you leave a civ you lose your top 5 techs (that is intended anyways, don't think it is tested) and if you join an existing civ you gain all of their techs, and they gain up to three of your techs if they do not have it.

This allows:
1) Some hurt leaving a civ but not starting back at 0.
2) Incentive for a civ that is behind to coo a member from an advanced civ in.

Mainframe has expanded quite a bit from its initial discovery. At the bottom you can see the new plots for Mining District housing (private property!) with modern conveniences such as sidewalks! On the right you can see the foundation for new Place of Worship (POW!).

Logs on for the first time since the update.
House was on hill.
Respawned 20 blocks in the air.
Dead.

:lol:

Also, died 3 times because it was night and zombies kept getting into the spawn tunnel. Accidentally broke a goldstone block too :[

I've been thinking on poping back in and settling in, though I might have to find a city and/or civ to immigrate to.

I think this might be some type of bug. Last night, Diamond Working was being researched (for the entire civ), now I'm researching SandWorking, but I already have that.

The game has been obsessed with me learning SandWorking, though, as every time I log in, it's my "current tech", but I wasn't researching that tech. :lol: Now it's a bit different.

For some reason the progress command isn't reconizing you are in a civ, but I can't find anything wrong in that part of the code.

I'm updating the plugins to use the new server event system as well as removing the war mechanics. This should shave off a few milliseconds for a lot of actions, reducing lag when we are under higher loads.

Ok, I've logged in and apparently I'm the only one there. I'm not sure how to join a town ATM :-/.

Got CG int our city!

Foudn the bug, the nation disbanded. Capital cities arnt taxed so there was no money going into the nation's coffers.

Want to pass this by people first. Right now there is an upkeep tax for cities and civs. This way abandoned locations disband eventually. Unlike towny where nations were optional, a city being in a civ is required. If I set the nation upkeep to 0, cities will still be taxed, and a civ will disband after all it's member cities disolve to dust.

How do you buy a plot? I want to buy some that lead to the skeleton spawner.

/plot buy

That didn't work for me. I typed in /plot buy and it didn't give me any message.

EDIT: It was /plot claim.

I found a really small village far north on the Dynamic map, and I'm interested in founding a town there under Hellas.

Never mind that, seems Ariosos already has colonized it.

Never mind that, seems Ariosos already has colonized it.

Yeah, that's San Francisco. Before the 1.1 chunks, it had 3 small huts going down that one hill where the gravel is. It's by a desert, so it's another desert colony (for glass).

Maybe a bug, or maybe something on my end, but it wont let me go through any doors. Only gates.

I am currently trapped in my home :lol:

Maybe a bug, or maybe something on my end, but it wont let me go through any doors. Only gates.

I am currently trapped in my home :lol:

Are you right or left clicking? I had the same problem. You have to right click the door.

Are you right or left clicking? I had the same problem. You have to right click the door.

Well that worked fine!

Few things:

1. I wandered through the caves behind my house, and I think I've reached the coast. Not sure how you were wanting it done, but I assume a bit more straight forward.

2. How can I become the town baker?

3. Found a spawner someone had already finished, outside the castle. Decided to mine in that cave, since it was getting dark, kept going, kept going, kept going, then found 6 diamonds...dug one more block out and ended up in the same area I passed several times when I was lost in the caves behind my house :lol:

4. Can Mining District get an elevator to the mines below?

5. I speak as a pleb, but I do say that carving some homes into the coastal cliff could make for some interesting stuff. For one, it'd be nice to be able to set sail from your house, and markets would thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom