CivCraft -- Minecraft Server -- World8

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG

Add to 1.2: Toggable lamps, over 4000 blocks ids instead of the current 256, cubic chunks (this makes 512 tall words possible without much more overhead), and villagers falling in love and running inside together,

And we have to give them an aphrodisiac. :lol:

Is there a way we can spawn villagers?

Yes. Ask croxis, he'll spawn some in.

EDIT: Found an annoying glitch. I had 64 clay blocks, and I put them in my personal crafting area to make 4 stacks of 64 clay balls for smelting into bricks. I right clicked (giving 4), then closed the window. When I opened it, I still only had 4 clay balls, and the 63 clay blocks were gone.

EDIT2: Now they're there. That was quite a lag (2-3 minutes)...

I think Athens is in future need of a city planner! :D

Possible future site of Athen's Trendy District. (District name could change. Maybe something like "Gallery District" or "Plaza District")

The torches mark where the roads would go (based on the chunk size). I was originally thinking of somehow keeping that cliff to the left as some sort of artsy billboard. I also want to follow the contour of that cliff's base. The middle chunks are nice and flat, and the one to the right is also hilly, which could have some sort of bi-level entrances. One thought I had was for the middle section to be sort of a glass-dome covered gallary with fountains, tables, benches, etc., with the buildings on the side.

This is my main vision for the area -

Left cliff - Have some decorative base following the contour of the cliff. Make the cliff a billboard with artwork on it. Clubs can go in front of the base of the cliff (I think the cliff is in the next chunk over, and borders it nicely). The cliff area could be built out (towards the east) if needed.

Middle - This nice, flat area could be a plaza (the off-white stone slabs) with fountains, tables, benches, shrubbery, and whatever else a plaza has. Also, it would have a glass archway/dome going the length of the plaza.

Right Cliff - Clubs with a bi-level entrance from the plaza side and the upper cliffside (Plazaside Entrance and Cliffside Entrance).

West of the road - This could have some clubs and/or snack bar. There's a little lake where a snack bar could be aptly named "The Watering Hole".

I'm planning on building a club called "The Callous Creeper". Full is planning some sort of music club, too. Also, some of the shops to the west of the road would be very close to the stadium wall. They would be 5-6 blocks deep maxium, but could function as maybe a concession stand.

My other ideas of where the plaza district could've gone were:

Barns & Pens - Relocate the animals, and build the trendy district here. Plus side is that it's spacious. Down side is it'll be tedious relocating everything (unless someone did a quick copy/paste of things). The chunks don't line up nicely here, though, as it follows the old city layout a bit.

In front of the railroads and by the church. Lots of area, but it seems there's sort of a Military District springing up there, and is competing with the Market District. The area is becoming sort of "too busy".

West of the stadium - The area is flatter, but this is where two spawners are (skeleton and spider spawner, used for spider eyes and bonemeal). The area could be some sort of national Forest area instead.

Perhaps Whiterun had built its city walls too soon...

Ariosos and Ferris, I wish you both well in your projects. The only tasks I have to do are mining and building the church of holy pumpkin. Contact me if you want more lapis, Ari. ;)

And Ferris, for the park (and other things) could you build the park within the cobblestone-marked areas of Whiterun? That's where I wanted Whiterun to expand. You may have built too close to the walls on the outside with your houses and I was planning to build another city wall around the new Frostburg suburb where the cobble is marked. Just tell me what you need and I'll bring/make it. Keep up the good work. :)

Perhaps Whiterun had built its city walls too soon...

Ariosos and Ferris, I wish you both well in your projects. The only tasks I have to do are mining and building the church of holy pumpkin. Contact me if you want more lapis, Ari. ;)

And Ferris, for the park (and other things) could you build the park within the cobblestone-marked areas of Whiterun? That's where I wanted Whiterun to expand. You may have built too close to the walls on the outside with your houses and I was planning to build another city wall around the new Frostburg suburb where the cobble is marked. Just tell me what you need and I'll bring/make it. Keep up the good work. :)

I could use a lapis-glowstone-obsidian-glass dance room in the trendy district. ;)

OMG

Add to 1.2: Toggable lamps, over 4000 blocks ids instead of the current 256, cubic chunks (this makes 512 tall words possible without much more overhead), and villagers falling in love and running inside together,

The Testificates even put rabbits to shame apparently! :high5:

I believe that Electricity's actions (on her friend's account) may have been rolled back. That or Gryphon's house may have been griefed and we cannot use /hawk here to figure out the culprit.

EDIT: the spawn elevator is not working and the dynamic map is frozen. I've tried refreshing the map but it's still frozen.

can either croxis or ariosos log on mistergryphon and reyaloth are fighting killing each other and swearing

can either croxis or ariosos log on mistergryphon and reyaloth are fighting killing each other and swearing

I can confirm this. I was doing my most successful mining trips South of Athens, involving the discovery of an extended stronghold area between Sandshaper's place and Athens along with 11 diamonds, when this dispute occurred.

Reyaloth's story: Gryphon was easily provoked by him for describing his home elevator as 'gay'. And so Gryphon killed him, stole his stuff and a fight ensued.

Gryphon's story: Reyaloth was stealing.

Ferris joined with Gryphon, believing that Reyaloth had to be dealt with but I returned once this dispute got out of hand.

I'm trying to get the full story but of course one of them must be lying.

Outcome: Reyaloth has moved out of Gryphon's apartment and is now next to the mob motel. He has made threats to kill if his stuff is taken again.

Did MisterGryphon say anything about not taking items out of the public chest? (now, it was public after all...) Gryphon didn't mention anything about killing Rey. I think croxis will ultimately have to look at his chatlogs.

Clearly, this sheep is on the fence about a new game called Shleef.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom