Civdip XV: Gunboat fun

True, however Dreadnought (Russia) could also just agree to try and hand you the solo, after all if he can't share in the draw, he may as well add 2 more losers to the pile to join him - that's what I'd do anyway.

I (Italy) still think we (the RIT) can force a 4-way stalemate.

Keirador said:
Assuming anyone wants this game to end, the task that confronts us, gentleman, is to eliminate the Russian without allowing me a chance to win. I suggest this could be accomplished by putting Italo-Turkish troops into position, whereupon they wait for the complete withdrawal of French troops from any territories sufficiently close to Russian land to inspire trepidation, before seizing Warsaw and Moscow for Italy and Turkey.

I hate diplomacy.....always did, always will :rolleyes:

I like everyone against me. I don't want it, but still makes me feel important ;)

Also, its kinda like last ditch stand...besieged by all sides, will I survive....?

I will win this game!....or I could just stay with Italy and Turkey against you France.

PS - Keirador is the propaganda master. DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM.

Magnus said:
True, however Dreadnought (Russia) could also just agree to try and hand you the solo, after all if he can't share in the draw, he may as well add 2 more losers to the pile to join him - that's what I'd do anyway.
A valid point. I don't think he would do that, but it must be taken into account that he could. So what if I withdraw my northern forces well out of range of the Russian centers, so that even if Russia attempts to capitulate, Italo-Turkish forces could reach the centers before France could?

Magnus said:
I (Italy) still think we (the RIT) can force a 4-way stalemate.
Well, I think so, too. I do NOT think an RIT can actually force France backward any. Games only end with a solo, or ALL living players agreeing to a draw. I believe it more likely that, in the months of stalemate ahead, one of you will either NMR or get bored and drop out completely than it is that I will quit.

So this thing is still going, oh sub me Slappy :p

I had a bit of trouble with RP on this one so please check your results carefully.

France:
F Baltic Sea Convoys A Kiel - Livonia
F Barents Sea - Norway
A Berlin - Prussia (*Bounce*)
A Burgundy - Munich (*Fails*)
A Gascony Hold
F Gulf of Lyon Supports F Mid-Atlantic Ocean - Western Mediterranean
F Gulf of Bothnia Supports A Kiel - Livonia
A Holland - Kiel
A Kiel - Livonia
F Marseilles Supports F Gulf of Lyon
F Mid-Atlantic Ocean - Western Mediterranean
A Munich - Bohemia (*Fails*)
F North Africa Supports F Mid-Atlantic Ocean - Western Mediterranean
A Paris - Picardy
A Silesia - Galicia (*Fails*)
A St Petersburg Supports A Kiel - Livonia

Italy:
A Bohemia Supports A Budapest - Galicia (*Cut*)
A Budapest - Galicia
F Ionian Sea Supports F Western Mediterranean - Tunis
A Piedmont Supports A Tyrolia
F Rome Supports A Tyrrhenian Sea
A Rumania - Sevastopol
A Tuscany Supports A Piedmont
A Tyrolia Supports A Bohemia
F Tyrrhenian Sea Supports F Western Mediterranean - Tunis
F Western Mediterranean - Tunis

Russia:
A Moscow - Livonia (*Fails*)
A Warsaw - Prussia (*Bounce*)

Turkey:
F Aegean Sea - Greece
F Black Sea Supports A Rumania - Sevastopol
F Bulgaria(sc) Hold
F Eastern Mediterranean Hold
A Ukraine Supports A Budapest - Galicia

No retreats.

Fall 1910 deadline will be 11:59 pm GMT on Friday January 27

Attachments

• GFs10m.jpg
    GFs10m.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 101
  • GFs10R.jpg
    GFs10R.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 134
  • GFs10R.dpy
    4.2 KB · Views: 83
I believe we have achieved a 17-17 stalemate line. So long as Ukraine & Galicia support Warsaw and Sevastopol supports Moscow and ION supports TUN and ROM supports TYS and TUS supports PIE and TRL supports BOH the lines of the I-R-T cannot be moved and a 4 way draw can be established. Keriador, are you prepared to be satisfied with only half of Europe under your sway? :p

PS - Thank you very much Slappy for taking us to the finish line! :goodjob:

You're good Keirador, I'll give you that but still lacking that clinical finish :D

I'll take that as one proposal and three "yes" votes for a 4-way draw.

Keirador, it's your call...if I don't hear from you in another 48 hours, I'll take your silence as a "no".

Sorry, I've been in Baltimore.
Anyway-
I see a line has formed that neither side can breach. I suppose French forces should give up the ghost, and recognize the right of Italy, Turkey, and Russia to exist.
kittenOFchaos said:
You're good Keirador, I'll give you that but still lacking that clinical finish :D
You know, you're right. I have absolutely no experience playing late endgame. Broken Resolutions was my first ever game of Diplomacy, and as is apparent (to date I've only played one game not on CivDip, and it's the Redscape game Taliesin and Dreadnought joined), I've never had to actually finish a game, it always just got voted over before a solo victory. I figured if I sounded confident and belligerent enough, my victory would be prematurely acknowledged here, too; but I guess after having been forced into two successive stalemates after achieving dominance, the jig is up.

I realize my play up this point has been geared simply toward acheiving unit numerical superiority, and that's clearly not the way to do it. I need to start paying attention to possible unforcible lines, like the one that's developed here. I believe there to be a finite amount of them, and once I've analyzed the board enough to see where they most easily occur, I can direct my play toward bridging these lines BEFORE undertaking growth on a scale to threaten the whole board. I realized this first in my Redscape game, as Turkey, when I realized I immediately had to shoot for either Marseilles or St. Petersburg before I grew large enough to force an anti-me coalition, or else I would hold exactly the centers the IRT holds now, and not be able to force another center. Of course, it turned out not to matter in that particular game, and I learned the lesson too late to help in this one. Ah, well.

Well, Kitten, I readily recognize your tactical superiority. What should I have done?

Magnus: I'm curious- at first I thought you were a newbie and simply didn't realize that by continuing to attack kitten you were allowing me a shot at a solo. Why did you continue to fight him while my victory loomed imminent?

Hooray! Congratulations to all four of you. I hope ambuel comes back someday and sees that her game reached a conclusion.

On a personal note, I think this is gonna do it for me and Civ Fanatics Diplomacy. We just don't have the reliable player base to provide us with a non-frustrating Diplomacy experience. I know most of you are active over at Redscape, so I hope I'll get to play or GM a game you're involved in sometime in the future. See you around!

-slappy

Keirador said:
Well, Kitten, I readily recognize your tactical superiority. What should I have done?

On first glance - and a very first glance - I'd say that choosing to let Italy have Piedmont would have perhaps done the trick.

Bah just got called for work.

Edit: Right essentially you needed to get into Bohemia/Galicia earlier when you had the chance and gain some leverage. Preventing the Italians moving into Piedmont would have also in addition to the Bohemia leverage given Italy alot of problems and any crack you'd have poured through.

slappy said:
Hooray! Congratulations to all four of you. I hope ambuel comes back someday and sees that her game reached a conclusion.

On a personal note, I think this is gonna do it for me and Civ Fanatics Diplomacy. We just don't have the reliable player base to provide us with a non-frustrating Diplomacy experience. I know most of you are active over at Redscape, so I hope I'll get to play or GM a game you're involved in sometime in the future. See you around!

-slappy
I unfortunately concur. However, when the World Tournament Thingie Majigger comes along, would you be interested in joining a CFC team?

Keirador said:
However, when the World Tournament Thingie Majigger comes along, would you be interested in joining a CFC team?
Is this something over at Redscape or another site? The only tournaments I know about at Redscape are Patriot Games (sixth annual PG is underway now) which is done by regional draft, and the Tournament of Scoundrels (second coming up soon) which I believe is individual entry. Anyway, it would depend on when it was happening, I suppose. I have to keep my games limited to two at a time.

Slappy: here is a link\

Out of the remaining players only two are still active.....also we can get Flatlander back hopefully:

Austria - Flatlander Fox
England - Toasty
France - Mordhiem
Germany - Magnus
Italy - Richard III
Russia - Kitten OF Chaos
Turkey - Ambuel (Hopefully she'll be back!)

So they happen in the autumn? It's iffy for me. Summer is my free time, and I like to have at least a couple of games going throughout, so it would depend on whether I was down to one game when September rolled around. If I couldn't play, I'd certainly cheer you guys on anyway. :)

Meh, I'm no great asset. I talk my way to a good early start and then usually blow it on some tactical thing or other.:crazyeye:

Top Bottom