Civdippers in the Tournament of Scoundrels

Fortunately, England is in almost as bad a shape as I am. If this Pawnmaker is as good as you say, then the explosion in the North west may be interesting enough to keep me alive...

My game has come to a halt as both the GM and the English player have run for the hills.

Is there any connection, I wonder ;)

Well, our new GM and new Englander we will hopefully have our game moving this Wednesday, saying that I've heard nothing from the Englander, which I hope means that he knows he is doomed to die.

The New England is not happy with me for some reason. I'm guessing that perhaps it has something to do with the impasse over Norway. I'll be damned is I'll let him walk an army into Norway...

Spring 1902 in the game myself and Gnarf are in and aren't the Germans looking on the verge of massive expansion!

Had Gnarf kept to the obvious arrangement he had with the Turk, then he wouldn't be in the mess he is in as regards Warsaw. The price of deception.

Attachments

• Belgrade.gif
    Belgrade.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 155
Hey Dread, what's happening with your "Little Bird Told Me" game? Is it dead?

I'm starting a standard game over there right now called Aardvark's Sideburns and there are still two spots left open. Check out the thread in the New Games forum if you're interested.

Actually, I told the Turks that I would be moving the Army. Right now, the Austrians will get either Warsaw or Rumania. They should lose Greece and Trieste.From Fall 1901, I knew that it would be an ugly game for me, but I have a chance to pull my biscuits out of the vice...

That's okay, I just took on player #7. As you say, maybe next time.

Sorry.
I reckon the reason my game is so behind is my fault. I went to Mexico over spring break, and responsibly informed all the GMs I had (I'm in 3 games currently) that I would be gone, and asked if they would prefer to replace me or wait for me, it was their choice. The GM of Athens never responded to this e-mail, or the subsequent one I sent him inquiring if he'd gotten the first one. He didn't replace me though, he just delayed the game. Without telling any of the other players that there was a delay, or why adjudication hadn't taken place.

Things look grim in Athens. I had the severe misfortune of pulling Turkey, and the even worse bad luck of playing against a fairly good player who had his Italy immediately devoured by my Turkey in the first Redscape game I played. He spread the rumor that I was a brilliant Turkey, and had probably requested it as my first choice. Worse, Austria disliked me because we were enemies in a seperate game (and Austria and Turkey never get along anyway). A perceptible A/I formed immediately, though they tried to be clever and stage a little mock-war that, if diplomacy is to be believed, fooled everyone but me. My pleading for Russian help was interpretted by the West as a strong Juggernaut, and Now Russia, who was the only player who even appeared to just not want me dead immediately, is under attack in the north, by the English and possibly by the Germans as well.
Things aren't going well.

Looks like France could go either way (north or south) in the spring though. If he goes south, that could encourage Germany to help you out a bit, if he isn't bogged down elswhere (I forget where his units were headed now and I'm no longer looking at the map).

You also ended up in the only game not to use RP. If I make it through to round 2, I hope I don't pull Ruffhaus as GM. I hate not being able to track the game/submit orders on RP.

Interesting that you guys should mention Ruffhaus. He's Turkey in Belgrade. He's got an annoying habit of holding off to the last minute to talk to me. Hard to play againse, maybe hard to work with/learn from...

But the real player to watch is Germany. He got Belgium with nothing England can do about it. Now he seems to be leaving Kitten to his own devices to take England out, while Germany comes after me!

Gnarfflinger said:
Interesting that you guys should mention Ruffhaus. He's Turkey in Belgrade. He's got an annoying habit of holding off to the last minute to talk to me. Hard to play againse, maybe hard to work with/learn from...

But the real player to watch is Germany. He got Belgium with nothing England can do about it. Now he seems to be leaving Kitten to his own devices to take England out, while Germany comes after me!

Well you better do a good job slowing the Hun down or I'm screwed :lol:

Yeah, And as badly as you need to take out England, I need them alive...

I gotta give the Kraut his props...

Gnarfflinger said:
Yeah, And as badly as you need to take out England, I need them alive...

I gotta give the Kraut his props...

Well, if the Englander had any diplomatic ability whatsoever who knows but at present he is giving me no choice but to invade him.

I doubt that Pawnmaker has ever had the chance to back off from the brink (again to credit Germany for that). If you were to move armies onto the German borders (even if you can't invade yet) you would scare the bajeebus out of him...

Gnarfflinger said:
I doubt that Pawnmaker has ever had the chance to back off from the brink (again to credit Germany for that). If you were to move armies onto the German borders (even if you can't invade yet) you would scare the bajeebus out of him...

Funny how I had already ordered my forces to Strasbourg. My paranoia is on overdrive :mischief:

Now Ruffhaus (Turkey) is MIA. It will be an ugly one, but I might not get wiped out this time...

Top Bottom