Civic Feedback Requested

I don't think he really needs any more feedback at this time; he has already taken our complaints into account and reworked the civics for shadow. Feedback comparing civics as they no longer are won't help that much. Of course, once we have shadow another civic ranking thread may be in order.

Well, thats why I said until WE have Shadow. The complaints shouldn't begin until the game is actually released (although I wouldn't mind a few more details on the changes, even if it might encourage complaints before then)

Yeah. And I honestly won't begin listening to the "bring it back" posts until about a week after Shadow releases, until people have had time to play a few games with the changes.

But yes, I think Im probably done with changes to the civics for now. The next step is to get it to you guys to try out.

There can't be "liberty for some" in a country without problems. That's not liberty. There either is liberty or there isn't. Even France had "liberty for some" before the revolution, but obviously liberty and equality must be for everyone. The fact that the USA considered slaves as "not persons" legally was only a political escamotage to allow legal infringement of liberty, because obviously the political class was voted by those who were becoming rich with slaves, and not by slaves who had no rights to vote. Note how the right to vote is also connected to this. Now, yes it is possible for a country to "run" such civics at the same time, but with obvious problems which increase with the size of the "oppressed population" (let's forget of silly arguments like "a slave cannot wish to vote if he never voted, please -_-"). This happened throughout history in any country or system you can think of, from Spartacus to Bastille and Martin Luther King. In Civ terms this can be translated very well by rising unhappyness if you run a civic which grants liberties to population together with one that takes away liberties from the population.

I agree, but think events could make it more interesting than just simple happiness penalties.

I also think you should have some bad consequences from switching out of civics like liberty or republic, more so than if you had never adopted them. People develop a sense of entitlement, you know.

yeah, although BtS already has events like them, for example the Slave Revolt (which really drives me mad btw :p).

I think agriculture is rather powerful.

+1 food to farms is a huge bonus. The corresponding penalty is easily avoided by only building farms on grasslands or floodplains. I run this civic the whole game, every game.

City states is another civic I never switch out of. The city upkeep costs are just so severe in FfH. If you want to have more than 2 or 3 cities you simply have to run city states.

Well Agriculture used to be +2 food from farms. Talk about that!
City states, well God King is also a powerful alternative so I don't know. Few Events to balance each event would be cool (City States- City Feud, Independence Movement, Civil War, Other Civ Influences Our City, Our City Changes Laws... Agriculture-Poor Harvest, Agricultural Prices Drop, Farmers Demand Higher Wages...)

Top Bottom