CivII Military Advisor

JuuL

Creator of
Don't you just hate those boring CivIII Advisors? Well, at least you can get a proper military advisor now: The CivII military advisor is back! :D :D :D

So download my file, put your sword in your enemies' beating hearts, stick their heads on pikes and pile their bodies in a bloody heap at your feet! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I know he's not mood-specific, but as we can see in the SOTD's, the game often chooses the wrong mood. So does it really matter?

I'm having problems with posting a pre-view so you just get the file.
Download the CivII Military Advisor

zulu9812 said:
Looks great! Although, why are the industrial & modern advisors the same?

Bacuase CivII only had three ages (or at least only three different advisor animation): Ancient, Middle Ages/Renaissance and Modern. So the Industrial had to look like one of the other, and I thought Modern would be more appropiate than Middle Age.

I REMEMBER THIS GUY! HE WAS AWESOME! When everything was going peachy in the Middle ages, he'd come along singing 'Let Loooove and Wiiiine their rights maintaaain.... No Complaints, Sire! And they're united....'

Do intend to defend our cities with haystacks noble leader?

BUILD CITY WALLS!

BTW, any chance you could do all the others as well?

Best part of him is when he was singing the aforementioned he would walk into his little box.... so he wasn't there untill you clicked on his button. But if he had somethign to say after a different advisor spoke (like 'I Concour! or 'I disagree') he would 'pop' in and then say hsi line, then pop abck out into nothingness. Ahh.. thoes were the days. Do the Happiness Advvisor next.

Louis XXIV said:
BTW, any chance you could do all the others as well?

I will, if anybody can tell me how to do one of these things (or perhaps tell me where to find a shareware program that allows it):
1: Take screenshots of *.avi files (all I get right now is a black spot).
2: Edit *.avi files.

... and then I could rewrite the script.txt so that the advisors would use some of their comments from CivII.

And I actually think it is possible to change which advisor says what. (So the domestic advisor isn't the only advisor that can say something on the Domestic Screen). That way the good old Elvis-like Attitude advisor could "visit" the Domestic screen and ask for a raise of the luxury rate. Or the science advisor could "visit" the Military Screen and ask you to spend less money on soldiers and more on science...

Even though those guys were a lot less moddable, I've always missed them, they had so much personality. In fact, before CivIII came out, I was hoping we'd have digitized leaders as well.

Good work.

aaron_burr said:
Even though those guys were a lot less moddable, I've always missed them, they had so much personality. In fact, before CivIII came out, I was hoping we'd have digitized leaders as well.

Good work.

I miss these guys as well - let's hope they make a return in CivIV!!

Nice work, Juul :goodjob: .

I still liked some of the Foriegn advisors lines... a few times she even made the Military advisor laugh mightily and it seemed like she flirted with you too... ;-)

Kenta'arka said:
I really liked the science advisor, he gets freaky when he's happy :D

Science Dude:
You're Einstein Sire, The E to the MC squared. Like a double clock speed mircoprocesser! WE'RE NUMBER IN SCIENCE!!!!!!!!

Entertainment Dude (Elvis):
Oh yeah man! That was Good!

:lol:

The advisors are the BIGGEST thing I miss about Civ II ... It was a mistake not to include them. (Anyone working on Civ IV reading this? BRING BACK the Civ II advisors!)

Would somebody make the CivII advisor text for civ3? :)

Top Bottom