Civil Unrest

Lathorian007

Chieftain
Trying to understand why a city I took over ages ago is now in constant unrest. It is unhappy now with 5 yarning to join there homeland. I had no problems till end game now all of a sudden its pissed off. keeps saying it has something to do with greeks causing this problem? I can't see how they can stir about considering my espionage is far greater then theres.

How do I stop them from destroying everything?

I assume you're playing against Alexander? He can be a real jerk with his spies. In one game, he poisoned my cities almost every turn, so I responded in the only appropriate way, by turning his empire into a glass parking lot with a barrage of nukes.

Oddly enough I had this happen with Pericles.

It was my first real war for the game and I had over extended my forces somewhat so when capitulation became available I jumped on it for the chance to get my house in order.

Normally I would like a nice straight border before accepting capitulation but due to the economic needs of my empire in this case there was this one city jutting into his empire and it kept going into revolt (I am not really into liberating cities I took as I am not really sure what that does to the vassal freedom %).

Not thinking much about it I just kept adding another Longbow to the city each time it went into revolt and rushing as many culture buildings as I could.

50 or so turns later with 6 Longbows garrisoning this city it occured to me that a city with a 1% revolt chance that keeps going into revolt every 10 turns or so was really stretching the friendship with the RNG.:mad:

My vassal surely couldn't be stupid enough to keep running culture and revolt missions in one of my cities could he?:eek:

Turns out he could :lol: I whipped up a spy and parked him in the city and routinely caught an enemy spy in that city every 10 turns for the rest of the game.

Sadly hes my vassal, but since he was doing it constantly I just let the cities pop die outright from 23 to 15 and now there there is more happy then sad and it seem to stop..........for now.

Oddly enough I had this happen with Pericles.

My vassal surely couldn't be stupid enough to keep running culture and revolt missions in one of my cities could he?:eek:

Turns out he could :lol: I whipped up a spy and parked him in the city and routinely caught an enemy spy in that city every 10 turns for the rest of the game.

I have a spy there, thats what is driving me insane. my espionage is huge and I have a spy sitting in that city yet he still causing ton's of trouble. till I killed the pop.

Top Bottom