Civilization coming to Xbox and PlayStation 4

Do they give a date? Timed with holiday buying, perhaps?

They're offering R&F and GS as a bundle. I would guess the base game includes the DLC civs?

Any wagers as to whether this makes a third expansion more or less likely?

I was shocked to see this, as I never thought it would happen. Years ago I would have loved to see this on console, as I'm primarily a console player. But I'll stick with the PC version. Unless I get that trophy hunting itch...:think:

They're offering R&F and GS as a bundle. I would guess the base game includes the DLC civs?

Sadly, I think that means the end to expansions and the Civ VI development cycle. Based on nothing but just a hunch.

Sadly, I think that means the end to expansions and the Civ VI development cycle. Based on nothing but just a hunch.
Hunches can be wrong... right? :undecide:

The Twitter account says Nov 22nd.

I'm not sure whether it makes a 3rd expansion more or less likely. They did release the IOS and Switch versions in the weeks before the last expansion.

OMG, that was my dream. Play my CIV sitting comfortably on the couch instead of my work chair where I spend my whole day. Shut up Firaxis, take my money twice

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would most of the design team be working on ports? Ed, Anton et. al. are not programmers they are game designers. They are either designing the expansion or they are designing Civ VII or designing a new game. I think its telling we have not seen any of those guys on the last series of patch videos.

This would have been great if the game was fun and had real mod support. Unfortunately it sort of confirms that Firaxis is going for the lowest common denominator in order to serve everyone a mediocre product instead of a great product on one platform.

Hunches can be wrong... right? :undecide:

The Twitter account says Nov 22nd.

I'm not sure whether it makes a 3rd expansion more or less likely. They did release the IOS and Switch versions in the weeks before the last expansion.

I agree with EP. That said, it would seem a bit made for FXS to port to X-Bone and PS and generate a heap of additional hype for the game... and then basically say "Yup. We're done. No Portugal, Maya etc. for you."

I think we'll get a Third Expansion. Not sure how much after that we'll get. But I think a 3XP is likely.

If not a 3XP, I'd expect some decent DLC over the next year or so.

My biggest question is whether the console versions will have Hotseat Mode available for play on a single console. The PS4 version says "1-12 players, 1-4 Network Players"; I'm assuming the latter is the equivalent of what Switch owners were left with, which frankly isn't practical. Getting multiple PS4s/Xbox Ones/Switches each with their own display in the same house/room would be WAY too much of a headache to be able to enjoy a match in the same room with friends and family.

Firaxis did mention the upcoming addition of Hotseat mode for the Switch version awhile back, for what it's worth. We can only hope that they're telling the truth, and that the feature will be added for the PS4 and Xbox One if it's not available at launch.

I'm glad we finally have a date on the expansion on switch. I hope they aren't too expensive though... I've already bought everything on PC. I love portability so I don't mind buying everything again on Switch, but at least I hope it's not full price point.It probably will be though

I still like to believe more support is coming, and it might still mean a 3rd expansion is coming.

We can recall the survey they did a few weeks back asking us which bundles / updates we prefer.

I see that survey as an assurance for more development of this game.

Does anyone know if this might allow controller support for PC with a bespoke UI, or are they totally different projects.

Given that they are not calling it the complete version or gold version but just an 'expansion bundle' is more of a sign that we are getting more content this cycle than we are at the end.

Lowest common denominator here. I actuaLily have it on PC but with our newest addition to the family last year I kinda had to give up my gameing room. And playing PC game while my wife is sleeping gets me way too many dirty looks.

I might actually get the switch version( buying a switch for my oldest) and the Xbox one version now.

Wish they would of announced this sooner tho, bought AOW planetfall in August. Had I only known

I'm almost tempted to buy it just because I know it'll run better on my PS4 than it does on my not-great laptop, but I'd hate to give up mods and I'd assume patches would lag behind PC.

Still, if the price were right in the future...

Top Bottom