Civilization II Hamachi Server!

I suppose there will be several aged experienced civ 2 multiplayers out there, who still enjoy the game. Let me know if you are interested in playing some old school civ. My icq # 620890212

Hi, I just recently started to play Civ2. I know is old and find players is hard. I wonder if someone want to play MP?
CIV2MP
Chile

Not sure how many people are playing MP. But the GOTMs are active and have their own subforum. GOTMs 179 and 180 are active and GOTM 181 will be posted early next week.

Hey guys,

I want to join your network via hamachi. But it says "network seems to be full".

What can I do about it?

And is there maybe even a list of hamachi networks for civ 2 mp?

Thx.

Hope to see u soon in civ 2.

Yay, I noticed. :D Hope others will join too. Anybody welcome! Contact info see above, please. Thx.

Hey. I tried to set up a civ 2 mp mge game via hamachi but it failed miserably. It just wont work. We couldnt find each other in any of the network games (internet, direct connection, lan). We tried several ips, tried special ports (2056, 4993) in hamachi. shut down firewalls etc. but it just would not work. Maybe someone can help me out and give instructions how to set up a proper civ 2 mp mge game with hamachi. Any help is appreciated. Thx. Hope to read u soon. Bye.

I recall having the same issues with Hamachi that you describe, years ago.
I also seem to remember using GameRanger instead but it only supported basic mge executable. Any patched version (cpu/hostile ai or just x64 compatibility) would cause the app to not recognize the executable anymore. Who knows, maybe something has changed since then, gotta give it another shot.

I am afraid, you are right in regards of GameRanger. We tried this yesterday, too. Didnt find the civ2.exe, since i needed to patch it - have a x64 system. Maybe we find a way. Evolve might be another option to connect. Or another free vpn client. I

I also seem to remember using GameRanger instead but it only supported basic mge executable. Any patched version (cpu/hostile ai or just x64 compatibility) would cause the app to not recognize the executable anymore. Who knows, maybe something has changed since then, gotta give it another shot.
------------------------------------------------------------
Civ II Gold is in GameRanger list,but can't make rooms with Civ II,GR don't sees the game.Will try with renaming of exe of other Civ game.

We finally managed to solve this by using Evolve VPN client. Works perfectly. Even Hamachi worked for some on certain systems, but Evolve seems to work best at the moment.

Sorry,in your first post I did not understand what exactly you say,you are right,a friend showed me 'edit,location',etc,and renaming exe of Civ 5.2.5f or other versions Civilization II Gold can't resolve.This basic Civ II Gold what numbers have,5.0,5.1 ?
Thanks.

Top Bottom