1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization II: List of AI Stupidities

Discussion in 'Article Comments' started by Thunderfall, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

A new book entry has been added:

[drupal=305]Civilization II: List of AI Stupidities[/drupal]

2. tolchicken77

tolchicken77 Chieftain

I have noticed also that the computer can launch Nuclear attacks without a ling-of-movement to a city.

For example, When I bombard an enemy city I like to encircle with Stealth Bombers on all 8 squares directly to the city. Also when I have extra units I like to block spaces for partisans to form by stationing units in the city radius, effectively creating a 2 or even 3 layered radious of my own units. THen I drop in a paratrooper. Yet Sure enough on the AI turn they use a nuclear missle and somehow they can hit the city?

How did they get through my wall of Mech Inf. 2 squares away? This is one of the most frustrating AI shortcuts.

3. Lilyblack

Lilyblack Chieftain

I have found that when you first make contact and trade knowledge, if they are Enthusiastic, they will trade maps

4. Lilyblack

Lilyblack Chieftain

Like this one. That Sioux engineer has been there for like 20+ turns, even though there is plenty of lovely Grassland to build a new city on

5. Hail

Hail Satan's minion

afaik, any civ will trade maps at Worshipful. I usually gift them techs. :D

the AI is generally terrible at expanding and improving tiles. however, the level of "badness" varies from civ to civ.

6. Lilyblack

Lilyblack Chieftain

I'm beginning to figure that out. Thanks for stating it so explicitly. Yeah, the Carthaginians and Americans and English are pretty good at it, the Sioux, Babs, and Egyptians, not so much :crazyeye: