Civilization IN SPACE!

Ok, I see why it doesn't work properly for the tracker. It's written Kenji_Takeno when it's actually Kanji_Takeno in-game. Just a notice Imp.Knoedel.

Okay now I feel like an idiot. :blush:

Still no edits I see. :nono:

Now accept my gratitude:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :
:spank:
Spoiler :
:mad:
Spoiler :
:nuke:
Spoiler :
jk

You could have just sent him the turn via e-mail this one time you know. -.-

There, now it´s fixed. Sorry for the delay, real life issues rear their ugly head again.

I don't want to insult anybody intelligence I'm just merely looking for options here.

Is the turn being saved during gameplay?
If so the turn may be overwriting a previous sav. In this case this would happen everytime.

Is anyone overwriting the turn? Over writing a turn doesn't work for either player
Player or receiving player

I don't want to insult anybody intelligence I'm just merely looking for options here.

Is the turn being saved during gameplay?
If so the turn may be overwriting a previous sav. In this case this would happen everytime.

Is anyone overwriting the turn? Over writing a turn doesn't work for either player
Player or receiving player

I exclusively use automatic saves. But you got an interesting point about overwritting, does the automatic save overwriting can cause wrong? <

Will try the turn later while erasing the anterior attempts. Will see.

Remember I initially said I got the game wrong when I open in a direct way. Perhaps everything is wrong with my installation.

I exclusively use automatic saves. But you got an interesting point about overwritting, does the automatic save overwriting can cause wrong?

wat. Have you ever played in a PBEM before?

Look, it goes like this:

1. Open your turn.
2. Enter whatever password you like.
3. Click on the button to confirm your password.
4. Play your turn, i.e. select something to research and produce in your colony and move your only unit to another tile.
5. End your turn.
6. Now a pop-up tells you that a save has been created and that you should send it to Hercules. Do as it says.
7. ???
8. Profit!

First of all, yep, I have nevaa played any PBEM game before. I started like 2 months ago, but it was just a drag of 1.5 month just for setting the game up. Actual play just started recently. So I am effectively lacking knowledge in that domain. But reading your 8 points, I just realize I did so like 2 times. Now I don't know what to do. Do it again?

It's not I'm not willing, it's just I don't have the magical solution.

I'm starting to become curious what will happen if someone takes my save and play it out. That could dispel doubts if my installment (settings or whatever it is) is wrong or not.

We could try Teamviewer for that matter. Are you available sometime in the next hours or maybe even right now?

Great job Imp.

Tachywaxonim unsure what you mean about installment or settings? The settings are selected by Knoedel only, your settings like sound and graphics etc. do not effect the game just how it plays for you. Next, how you installed and where you installed the game again does not effect the game, that is if it works/plays. Next is the most important!

1. The version of Beyond the Sword must be the same as ours
2. The version and location of the downloaded FFP+ mod must be the same as ours

(BTS version can be updated automatically on the games main menu.)
(Fixing the Mod's version is easy (but I'm not sure what the version number is), if it is not the same simply delete the FFP+ but always leave the original FFP folder untouched! And download the mod Knoedel linked to early in this thread. I can't remember if the mod is an install or a "cut & paste" either way this new mod folder will be in the BTS mod folder just below the original FFP folder)

But wait there is more! If you are able to load the save from the previous player and see your city/Solar System, do nothing! Because your installation is correct or it would not load at all!

Autosave is a function the game provides but creates a game save named autosave so this does not apply. Overwriting a save would only happen if you go to the menu and hit SAVE which in PBEM games you must NEVER DO!!! It Wiil give you a game error and most feel this is cheating, provided your reloading/retrying. You should only load your turn when you can complete it on the first/initial loading.

Again I'm just offering information which I enjoy doing.

It´s been over a month since this game started and we aren´t even halfway through the first turn. :cry:

I too, but Tachy hasn't replied in the last days and we have had enough problems as it is with finding enough players, so replacing him doesn't seem to be an option either.

Hm? What for?

End your turn.
6. Now a pop-up tells you that a save has been created and that you should send it to Hercules. Do as it says.

That's the key step, Tachy,

It will appear in the Civilization in Space folder. If you haven't created one, it will be produced for you.

Then click my email and attach the file in that folder addressed to me and send.

GPS (for the third time and exactly the same process as before and it corresponds to what guys say ad vitam aeternam)

Hercules90

Top Bottom