1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

What after the New Frontier Pass - the end or more

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Gradac, Jan 24, 2021.

1. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

If they go fantasy, a post apocalyptic "mad max" styled world might be cool.

2. PiR

PiR King Supporter

:lol: so if you play peacefully, you only play 75% of the game? that's a bit simplistic :)

8housesofelixir likes this.
  3. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

The most important points from this interview:https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...d-on-another-players-tile-from-being-annoying
    About NFP model
    About the future of Civ VI
    Yeah, sure you don't ;)

4. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Kevin directly calls April “the final game update” in that interview though:

“We're not talking about the future of Civ at the moment. We are focused on the Portugal pack. We also have a really great final game update coming out in April. It's going to be a pretty beefy pack, very full of some things we also can't talk about at the moment.”

5. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

Since I always suspected NFP was it for Civ6, I'm inclined to take him at his word.

6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

I think he means that if he truly hasn't "any concrete plans for the future right now", then there won't be a civ7 or a spinoff before 5 or 6 years. Or he's changing team/job inside Firaxis.

7. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

Except he was asked specifically about Civ6, though now I also see that he specifically said he couldn't comment so...But I still believe there will be no additional content for Civ6 after April.

tzu likes this.
  8. Gedemon

I don't think they can release something bug free in April, especially if it's big, there will surely be another patch, but, yeah, later, low priority, no additional content and fitting "no concret plans right now for civ6", they'll need our bug reports first :D

Meluhhan, tzu, PiR and 3 others like this.
  9. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

There is NDA. Even if he knows what is in future plans he won't say it in a press interview. ;) So there is no need to split hairs and analyze every single word here.

10. Gedemon

But why would he lie there ? They always answer "we can't say" when they don't have the right to talk about their plans.

And as we know they can't say it directly, we analyse the indirect meaning of each word, as usual on CFC.

tzu, Kjimmet, PiR and 4 others like this.
  11. TreVor_ish

TreVor_ish Warlord

I really hope this is the end of CIV VI as in additional content. Let's just focus on fixing bugs and move on to a new project (with perhaps new/better engine).

PiR and Zaarin like this.
  12. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Emperor

I think it is splitting hairs ;) We know that for now, they have nothing to announce beyond the April patch.

13. tzu

tzu Chieftain

Every tender bit of guidance they give is most often buried by layers of wishful thinking and so I appreciate it immensely, that they try it again and again ... :thumbsup:;)
    100%
    Ok.

Strenger:
    [...] So, I'm really happy with where it [civ6] is in terms of features. My mind is shifting towards [civ7], okay, let's focus on balance right now.

What I'm getting at is are you going to do another pass. Can you say that at this point?
    [Heavy misinterpretation, how continue now?!]

Strenger:
    We cannot, no. We don't have any concrete [civ6] plans for the future right now.

I understand he feels the rollout of the New Frontier expansion in April is the biggest community event this year for civ6fans (and marks for himself the point in time where he can focus completely on civ7).
    Yeah, it will be BIG, with extra surprises ("We are not done!", at least the world editor) ... so the phase of open testing [edit: of components] comes to an end ... patch probably in September -- just in time to the end of the current five years plan.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    Zaarin likes this.
  14. Nerevatar

Nerevatar Warlord

It's the same wording as they use when asked about DLL if I recall correctly, so speculate away :crazyeye:

Hakan-i Cihan likes this.
  15. tzu

tzu Chieftain

The wording is similar to that when (IIRC) Anton was asked about DLL, but the context was completely different ...

2K president David Ismailer said in context of plans how to grow, evaluate development partners (eg. Firaxis) "You go to an amusement park, the more rides they have, the longer you stay there. Then sometimes the amusement park has a nighttime event and I stay until that event; they keep me in there. And occasionally they build a new roller coaster, and I come back to experience that roller coaster. We're building our games in the same way. We need live events, we need post-launch content, we need to keep the consumer engaged once they get in."
    So this may mean they want to sell us the software they buy from Firaxis not as sole product packages, but as kind of a service or lifestyle. Something like assisted playing (cf. sheltered accommodation). But what can I know? I'm just a simple engineer.

In the concrete case I suppose, 2k wants to deliver balance changes Firaxis has been sitting on for a long time in a great civ6 community event on April 29th to all of us and wants us to enter the local amusement park at nighttime, build a new roller coaster and come back to experience that roller coaster? And download the patch?? Here I'm lost.
    Still I would love a civ6 spin-off Railroad Tycoon or (if must be) Rollercoaster Tycoon. I need live events, post-launch content, I need to be kept engaged 24/7 ...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    PiR likes this.