Civilization Request Thread

Screenshot_2013-07-15-23-52-39-1.png
Leader:
-Rotwang[from Metropolis]
rotwang1.JPG

Border Color: Yellow inside with purple outside

UA: Lab Rats:
-When building your special units, you gain additional research upon their completion.
-You can sacrifice population to gain additional research.

UU: Experimental Men(replaces Musketman):
Production: 140
Combat: 24
Movement: 2
Upgrades to: Rifleman
Notes:
-Automatic “March” promotion.
frankenstein__s_monster_by_caveatscoti-d4qvp5g.jpg

UU: Doom Machine(replaces Giant Death Robot):
Production: 425
Combat: 160
Movement: 4
Resource: 1 uranium
Notes:
-No defensive bonuses.
-When this unit is destroyed, damage is dealt to ANY units in the surrounding tiles.
-Can hold 1 bomb unit(Nuclear Missile, Atomic Bomb, Guided Missile), only can hold one at a time.
Mars-Attacks-Robot01.jpg

Now I know this isn't a civ that has any sort of historical basis. I think, though, this could make a fairly interesting one. Would appreciate feedback! :)
(Also, just want to throw out a disclaimer. The only pic I designed was just their symbol, attached the other images to give an idea)

Now I know this isn't a civ that has any sort of historical basis. I think, though, this could make a fairly interesting one. Would appreciate feedback! :)

Don't worry, anything in Emprie of the Smoky Skies had little historical basis either.

The Hansa (Wikipedia)
Leader: Heinrich Sudermann
Start Bias: Coast
Colors: Red and white (could be red within white or white within red)
Capital: Lubeck

UA:Kontore
Similar to Venice, the Hansa cannot produce Settlers, nor can they annex cities captured in war. However, the Hansa can annex city-states peacefully, once they get a trade route there and over 100+ influence. They also gain +1 Wealth from each foreign city that they have a trade route to, although this doesn't multiply if they have multiple trade routes. Finally, domestic trade routes do not count against their limit.

UB: Krantor (Replaces Harbor)
In addition to providing a naval trade route and +1 Production from each sea resource, the Krantor also provides +1 Wealth per trade route.

UU: Hulk (Replaces Cargo Ship)
Hulks can create sea trade routes up to 30 hexes away.

Notes: For those who don't know, the Hansa were a powerful trade league in Northern Europe in the Medieval and Renaissance period. When I learned about the Venetians, I immediately thought of the Hansa (I love playing them in Europa Universalis). The key difference is that the Hansa can actually annex city-states, as the Hanseatic League incorporated multiple cities, most of which were independent. The second part of their UA comes from the Kontore, or trade offices, they established in other cities. The last bit removes a possible limit on Hanseatic expansion - they can only expand via trade routes. By eliminating the limit on domestic trade routes, once they annex a city, they can establish a new trade route.

I deliberately intend that the Hansa will end up as a great empire scattered across the continents, without much of a true homeland.

Has Italy been requested yet? I'm ok with Rome, but it's not really Italy. Something more modern would be lovely. And not having Mussolini as the leader of it would be greatly appreciated too :)

I don't know if it was already requested but I'd like to see the Galactic Empire from the Star Wars movies as mod.

Name: Galactic Empire
Leader: Palpatine
Emblem: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...rial_Emblem.svg/200px-Imperial_Emblem.svg.png
Musical Theme: The Imperial March, Emperor's Throne Room

Ability: Tarkin Doctrine (Pay 25% less for land unit maintenance, no extra unhappiness from annexed cities, -2 happiness when no unit is stationed in a City)

Unique Building: Cloning Facility
Replaces: Military Academy
Effects: +15 experience for all units trained in the city, -25% cost of infantry units (production and gold)

Unique Unit 1: Stormtrooper
Replaces: Mechanized Infantry
Combat: 90
Movement: 3
Abilities: starts with Drill I, 15% combat bonus if stationed in or attacking a City

Unique Unit 2: All Terrain Armored Transport
Replaces: Giant Death Robot
Combat: 150
Movement: 5
Abilities: Requires Aluminium, range only, ignores terrain cost when moving, no defensive terrain bonuses

Cities:
Coruscant
Byss
Alderaan
Naboo
Tatooine
Bastion
Kamino
Bespin
Endor
Geonosis
Kashyyyk
Corellia
Dantooine
Hoth
Dromund Kaas
Korriban
Balmorra
Nar Shaddaa
Muunilinst
Cato Neimoidia
Kessel
Raxus Prime
Lehon
Belsavis
Quesh
Ord Mantell
Corulag
Kuat
Fondor
Manaan
Devaron
Bothawui
Haruun Kal
Ithor
Malastare
Onderon
Ruusan
Sullust
Ziost
Trandosha

I'd do this mod myself but unfortunately I don't have the necessary skills. I would really appreciate it if someone would do it. I also would appreciate feedback.

I know that the Cajuns were never imperial, but I would love to see one of you Modders make the Cajun Civilization (or Acadiana). I want this thread to be a brainstorming session about certain leaders,unique abilities, and unique units that might be appropriate.

I'd like to start the first few suggestions:

Leader: Huey P. Long (please if you can think of anything better, let me know... Maybe Joseph Broussard, who led the first group of settlers into Louisiana)
Unique Ability Possibilities: Bon Temps- Extra food is converted into happiness and Great Musicians produce twice the amount of tourism on concert tours.
-or-
(UA) Ecotourism- Natural Wonders and Marshes produce tourism for the empire/ Marshes and rivers act like roads.
-or-
(UA) Grand Derangement- Cities cannot be captured; instead, a settler flees the city/ receive a great person of your choice every time a city is founded.

(I could think of a hundred other UAs that have something to do with culture/tourism and waterway travel. Please share your ideas!! I was thinking, the Cajuns could also have some unique Luxury resources kind of like some city states and Indonesia)

Unique unit ideas: Cajun- Replaces worker and work boat (when embarked). Can defend itself against attackers.

Unique Improvement ideas: Bridges- Can only be built by an embarked Cajun. Allows land units to pass over up to 5 tiles of ocean or lake. (I saw some bridges in the Civil War scenario so I know this is possible. It fits too, because Louisiana has the most bridges in the world)

Please add your ideas and someone, please for the love of god, make a MOD!!!

Moderator Action: Merged with the main Civ request thread.

Shouldn't this be in the creation and customization forum?

Thanks. I'll have to repost this topic in the creation and customization forum. I totally forgot about Unique buildings too. Darn.

(Yeah.. Probably belongs in the modding forum.)

Still, a fun topic! I love seeing the fleur de lis everywhere when playing as Napoleon, so seeing a Cajun mod would be quite fun. The modder could even change "Golden Ages" to "Mardi Gras," hehe.. it would feature a decrease in productivity, but with incredible increases to faith and culture output. :lol:

not sure if this has been requested or even possible but could some one make civs based on the dark tower series by stephen king?

Someone should make a simple civilization for The Light (Young Justice). I'd love that.

Leader: Vandal Savage
Unique Ability - Cold, Hard Science - A Great Scientist is earned each time a new era is entered.

OR

Starro Tech - Each time an enemy is defeated, there is a 25% chance that it will turn to your side (minus all promotions). It's a little overpowered, but that 25 could be made lower.

It would be pretty cool if, also, your advisors could be replaced with other members of the Light. Would that be possible?

It'd be great if someone would help me with this (I have no modding ability). I could supply images, music, and other info needed.

I don't know if it was already requested but I'd like to see the Galactic Empire from the Star Wars movies as mod.

Name: Galactic Empire
Leader: Palpatine
Emblem: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/_...rial_Emblem.svg/200px-Imperial_Emblem.svg.png
Musical Theme: The Imperial March, Emperor's Throne Room

Ability: Tarkin Doctrine (Pay 25% less for land unit maintenance, no extra unhappiness from annexed cities, -2 happiness when no unit is stationed in a City)

Unique Building: Cloning Facility
Replaces: Military Academy
Effects: +15 experience for all units trained in the city, -25% cost of infantry units (production and gold)

Unique Unit 1: Stormtrooper
Replaces: Mechanized Infantry
Combat: 90
Movement: 3
Abilities: starts with Drill I, 15% combat bonus if stationed in or attacking a City

Unique Unit 2: All Terrain Armored Transport
Replaces: Giant Death Robot
Combat: 150
Movement: 5
Abilities: Requires Aluminium, range only, ignores terrain cost when moving, no defensive terrain bonuses

Cities:
Coruscant
Byss
Alderaan
Naboo
Tatooine
Bastion
Kamino
Bespin
Endor
Geonosis
Kashyyyk
Corellia
Dantooine
Hoth
Dromund Kaas
Korriban
Balmorra
Nar Shaddaa
Muunilinst
Cato Neimoidia
Kessel
Raxus Prime
Lehon
Belsavis
Quesh
Ord Mantell
Corulag
Kuat
Fondor
Manaan
Devaron
Bothawui
Haruun Kal
Ithor
Malastare
Onderon
Ruusan
Sullust
Ziost
Trandosha

I'd do this mod myself but unfortunately I don't have the necessary skills. I would really appreciate it if someone would do it. I also would appreciate feedback.

I would like to see some Star Wars civs, but the best that I could really do is adapt the civs already in game, sadly. Just a few things I noticed, though, is that the Empire uses roughly the same city-list as a pointential Republic civ. Also, I'm fairly sure that individual cities could be used as opposed to planets. Also, it's incredibly late-game and the UA penalises you from he start. I'd suggest an entire Star Wars mod, and while a lengthly project that I wouldn't be able to do, it could still be an incredibly fun mod. :)

Íñigo Arista of Euskal Herria

Capital: Iruña (Pamplona)
Unique Ability: Gernikako Arbola — +2 :c5culture: from National Wonders. Other Civilizations receive a -10% Tourism Penalty for each completed Social Policy Tree or Tier 3 Tenet.
Unique Improvement: Baserri (requires Engineering) — Must be built on a Hill and cannot be adjacent to a City or another Baserri. +1 :c5food:, +1 :c5production:, +1 :c5culture:. Doubles yield with Architecture.
Unique Unit: Gudari (Infantry) — +10% Combat Strength for every completed Social Policy Tree or Tier 3 Tenet.

I would like to see some Star Wars civs, but the best that I could really do is adapt the civs already in game, sadly. Just a few things I noticed, though, is that the Empire uses roughly the same city-list as a pointential Republic civ. Also, I'm fairly sure that individual cities could be used as opposed to planets. Also, it's incredibly late-game and the UA penalises you from he start. I'd suggest an entire Star Wars mod, and while a lengthly project that I wouldn't be able to do, it could still be an incredibly fun mod. :)

could you adapt Venice so that you can build national wonders?

Just remove the requirements for national wonders while playing venice, and remove the limit in one city (from 5 to whatever, unlimited or just 20 or howeve rmany there are). Its prejudicial and impossible to win on harder difficulties without some of these.

A quality mod for Croatia would be great. I'd love to see it done by a modder such as JFD, who did a great Hungary mod.

Top Bottom