1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Request Thread

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by TheTacticalApe, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Ironbug

Ironbug Chieftain

Hi guys; I have an idea for a mod I'd like to have created, Pm me, if anyone is interested? :)
    Thanks

2. Irkalla

Irkalla ENTP POWWWEEEEEER

For the love of God just post it, son.

3. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Alright, I have an interesting idea which I don't believe has been done before, it may seem very similar to Inca, but its actually quite different, it would have to be done for Gods and Kings:

The Aymara Civilization

Overview: Before the Incan Empire, the Aymara Domains where a vast and important part of the Andes. Although at first each city was independent, they developed together in an important political distribution, based on Ayllus, which were the families of each community (The Incans later adopted this system). Some historians say that shortly before the Incan Empire started its massive expansion, they were joined together by Chuchi Capac.

Many believe the Aymara emerged from the remnants of Tiwanaku. Their main cities were Colla, Ayaviri, Pacajes, Pucarani, Achacachi, Omasuyos, Charcas, Carangas, Chichas, Yamparas, and Quillacas. When they were dominated by the Incans, they were grouped as Collasuyo, for its more important city, the Qulla.

The spanish people took over, defeating the Incan Empire. The aymara people attempted to fight against the new domination constantly, being overwhelmed, but never did they surrender. In the early 1780's Tupac Katari initiated a revolt against the Spanish, leading to his death, however he is long remembered as a hero for the indigenous people of Bolivia, becoming an important symbol for their culture and their social revolutions.

For many years, attempting revolts against the government has become an important part of their culture, up until the current president of Bolivia, Evo Morales who is considered indigenous managed to become president.

Leader: Tupac Katari (Image )

Tupac Katari, born Julián Apasa Nina, was a leader in the rebellions of indigenous people of Bolivia against the Spanish Empire in the early 1780s.

A member of the Aymara, Apasa took the name "Tupac Katari" to honor two rebel leaders: Tomás Katari, and Túpac Amaru II. ("Katari" means "serpent, large snake" in Aymara; "Amaru" means the same in Quechua, the language of Tupac Amaru. "Tupac" means "brilliant, resplendent" in both languages.) He raised an army of some 40,000 and laid siege to the city of La Paz in 1781. Katari and his wife, Bartolina Sisa set up court in El Alto and maintained the siege for 184 days, from March to June and from August to October. Sisa was a commander of the siege, and played the crucial rule following Katari's capture in April. The siege was broken by colonial troops who advanced from Lima and Buenos Aires.

When nearing his death, he said: "You kill me now, but I'll come back and be millions..." which became an inmortal symbol for the Aymara even now.

Unique Ability: Indigenous Revolution
    +Combat strenght when fighting against occupied cities (if possible, I don't know if there is a way of tagging specifically occupied cities for combat strenght), and a new general appears when one of their cities is conquered. Plus they get no movement penalty on hills.

Another option: Ayllu Organization
    Workers get +20% production, and land units get no movement penalty on hills

Anotehr option: Ancestral Roots
    Discovering Ancestral Ruins and Natural Wonders gives more rewards, and when a Natural Wonder is within the border of a city it generates +1 faith. Land units get no movement penalty on hills.

Unique Unit: (This one was quite hard) The Red Ponchos
    The Red Ponchos (I'm not completelly sure this is quite the right translation) are revolutionary people from Omasuyos and other indigenous communities, that usually dress like this.

They mostly use whips, and in other cases rifles or muskets, they are quite recent, so they could replace musketmen or infantry... Though I'm not sure what model could they use, perhaps a Muskeeter with the color changed could work...

Their difference would be, slightly inferior attack, but more hit points (they usually attack in masses, so the technological disadvantage isn't such a problem)

Another option: The Chasquis (though they are far more Incan than Aymara)
    The Chasquis were messengers that used the Quipu system. They travelled long distances by foot quite fastly. So they are mostly a replacement for the Scout with more mobility. They would use the Slinger model.

Unique Building: Chullpa (Image

The Chullpas were ancient tombs the Aymara people used to remember their Ancestors, which are found all across the Altiplano. They would replace the Shrine, giving, aside from Faith points, 1 Culture point.

Cities: Colla (Capital), Achacachi, Pacajes, Pucarani, Omasuyos, Charcas, Carangas, Chichas, Yamparas, Quillacas.

Colors and symbol: Their symbol would be the Chakana since its a major symbol for the Aymara since it summarizes all their culture.

The colors: Their main color would be Dark Red, and the lesser color could be either a light blue or a light brown color.

I could help making the icons and all that, though I don't really know about what image sizes I should do... The biggest problem I have is the whole modding part itself, I can't manage it yet... So, if anyone wishes to undertake this project, I would be thankful.

4. HaloCapella

HaloCapella Chieftain

Hello all, I hope you dont mind anything relates to animu or w/e. but if you want to know what going on in this chart, it relates to this site http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/ a popularity contest site. All of these info are just theoretical so im aware of any overpowered, broken or impossible stuff. now here's a small part of info. if you are interested and want more info, i can tell you more:

*also needs GaK too. if this were to be made, i'd prefer them made separately.

Spoiler :

5. futurehermit

futurehermit Deity

Is there a generic/barbarian civilization mod? We had this in Civ4. Basically, just a civ (preferably with black theme, heh heh) that has no ua, uu, or ub. This is really handy when you want to test some generic strategies...

6. NuriCZE

NuriCZE Chieftain

Hey folks,
    I'm completely useless at moding, however, some of you do possess the skills to make a civilization happen. So, here's the thing:

I have always enjoyed history and being Czech, I'm a bit sad that there's no central European civ (Not counting Austria). I enjoyed Vaegir in M&B and so, if anyone could make this civ, I'd be pretty happy about it. Here's a short list of things that might be included in the civ (pick whichever you'd fancy or come up with a completely new one).

UU : Voivode (Vojvoda in Czech) : GG/Khan-like unit, gives some kind of morale buff to units, like +25% strenght against civ with more units/cities/techs. They were the commanders-in-chief when the King was elsewhere. Also, def. bonus when sited in/around a city.
    Druzhina (Družina in Czech) : Heavy cavalary (predecessors of Frankish Knights), bonus in foreign lands, bonus movement in plains, - when stationed in city. They used spears as their main armanent (well, everyone did back then).

UB : Hill fort (Pevnost) : A defensive building, only availible when the city is built on a hill or near a mountain. -Ranged and melee attack, +1GpT, gives mounted units bonus when attacking from the city. Pevnosts were a series of fortifications that included whole cities and trading communities in them, Slavo (the founder of Gran Morava and a frank-refugee who united the tribes of Moravia into a state) made them so efficient that the large Frank Empire pretty much devastated it's offensive forces (Battle at Wogastisburg)
    Rotunda : A religious building, famous example of early architecture (See for example Rotunda of St. George). +2 Faith, low cost, +1 culture, avalibile only to Gran Moravia.
    UA : I'm at loss here. There were too many things and I don't want to profile the civ to a certain directions, so take your pick
    Pagan lore : All cities grant +2 faith/turn until the religion is expanded (2nd Grand Prophet), after that +1 culture per turn (Although heavily Christianized by Germans, the pagan traditions were kept until the 20th century and we still practice some of those until today - see Easter traditions in C. Europe)
    Armed traders : Cities produce +GPT and have +def bonus, bonus rises when connected by roads. (Again, fortifications against Franks)
    Heart of Europe : Bonuses in friendly lands, offensive bonus in neutral lands, bonus to pacts? Not sure, really. It's a geographical and political thing, really. Also defensive, as the Moravian lands are encircled by mountains (Although I'd hate a mountain start, there is a lot of fertile land in Moravia that has been used extensively)

Civ Traits : Defensive, peaceful, religious, traditional, preferably fever cities in the early to mid game.

I'm also putting together ideas for two other czech-inspired civs, so maybe one of those would be better, anyway it might give someone food for thoughts.

Gran Moravia was a great civilization that gave rise to many different states and it was the founding territory for Czech lands and the current Czech Republic. It was huge in it's extend, in case you are familiar with European Geography, here's a look on how huge it actually was (green borders)
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...th_century.png

Enjoy guys

Moderator Action: merged post in the Civilization Request Thread, deleting the duplicate post

7. Teutonic_Rush

Teutonic_Rush Chieftain

Hey Guys,
    I am clueless and inept at modding, so that is the only reason I am asking this. I wanted to have a Civ representing my home town of Rochester, NY. All of my ideas are conceptual, feel free to change things or the bonuses/units. I would really appreciate if this was made into a Civ.

A little background:
    We were one of the first boom towns in the US, benefiting hugely from the Eire Canal. We were also a big farming community, earning the nickname "Flour City". Going into the late 1800s and 1900s we became a large industrial city. We are the home of Kodak and was the site of the main Kodak factory. Going into the 21st century, we are the 3rd largest city in New York State. We are a melting pot of many cultures and nationalities, being home to many people of German, Italian, Irish, Greek, Latin American, and other descent.
    Here is the Wikipedia page for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochester,_New_York

Civ: Greater Rochester
    Leader:
    I have a couple ideas for this:
    -Nathaniel Rochester
    -Susan B. Anthony
    -Robert Duffy
    Border Color: Pale inside with white outside

UA: Flour City: Wheat resources receive +2 production and +1 food
    Erie Canal: New tile improvement replacing railroads. 1/2 construction time.
    College Town: +30% science from universities.

UU: Farmer Militia(replaces musketmen): +3 strength on improved tiles
    UU: 108th Infantry(replaces Riflemen): automatic Survivalism 1 upgrade.
    UB: U of R Medical Center(replaces Medical Lab): Double effect of Medical Lab

Cities:
    Basically any towns within Monroe, Wayne, Ontario, Livingston, and Gennesee counties.
    Some examples:
    -Rochester(Capital)
    -Pittsford
    -Irondequoit
    -Webster
    -Greece
    -Henrietta
    -Macedon
    -Palmyra
    -Canidagua
    -Avon
    -Caledonia
    -Brockport
    -Spencerport
    ect.

Thanks! I would really appreciate this!

8. Tigerpaws

Tigerpaws Chieftain

Hi guys

My mate can make civ mods, but does not like the english side of it.

Its the dawn of age screen he dreads the most
    Spoiler :

If your able to work with him on the english side im sure i could convince him to turn up. I noticed most have great amount of info, just missing dawn of age stuff.

This is the mod he has made Australia, im not part of the mod i just posted it here for him i did little bits and peices not much. Just needs to be a real civ. Any way its just a idea

9. godzilla200000

godzilla200000 Chieftain

can someone try to make a mod for the grox (from the game spore) i guess the UA could be 1+ food/production on tundra/snow/desert tiles and and minus 1food/production on jungle/forest/and plain tiles or it could be 1+ food/production and inabillity to settle or annex citys on anything but desert/snow/or tundra.if thats possible then the unique building could be a type of terraforimg device that causes any tiles in your teritory to turn in to tundra. i have no idea if this is possible since i dont go in to modding very much

10. Homusubi

Homusubi Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe

If anyone is interested in doing the Grox (from the last post) one of their UUs should be the Planet Buster - basically a nuclear bomb without the uranium requirement.

11. godzilla200000

godzilla200000 Chieftain

it could also be the antimatter bomb since its basicly a nuclear bomb its self and the planet buster needs to keep its glory of destroying planets

12. Teutonic_Rush

Teutonic_Rush Chieftain

does Grox mean greater rochester? Why?

Edit: Oh, never mind.

13. Njegos

Njegos Chieftain

Well, i think this game is also about fan base, with Yugoslavia a lot of nations would be included in game and balcan would finally have its own civ, instead of being incorporated within Byzantines with few citys or within Ottomans with Yannisaries...

Today Nations directly represented: serbians,croats,bosniaks,slovenians,macedonians,montenegrins

Secondary representation:

bulgarians,albanians,gorani (bulgarians are only south slavs that were not part of ex yugoslavia, mostly cause of its hostilites with serbians during late 19 and early 20 century,albanians are big portion of yugoslavian nation with millions of them living in the same)

Leader: Josip Broz Tito, only south slav that actually willingly (mostly) united these divided nations

UA: well we had period of history where human race was at brink of utter nuclear destruction between two millitary alliances,the only voice of reason in those hard times was peacfull Non-Aligned Movement (NAM), formed by Tito Yugoslavia, even today it has 120 members.

Well out of there u can have some CS bonuses, bonuses if country is not in war etc... thats for someone else to figure out.But it looks unique and fun, also kinda logical

UU: Well since Tito is leader i would stick to WWII and Partisans ( bigest guerilla partisan movment in WWII (bigger then those of France,Norway,Soviet Union for example),and i would pro put some bonsues on defence if stationed on rough terrain, and -defence if stationed on flat ground, maybe no movment cost for pillaging or at least destroying enemys road,railroads), this would be unique representation of guerilla warfare in Civ V

UB: Well, i dunno, i would put something that can connect all thesee people, from earlier history, like some kind of Guvno, place where clan leaders (ye tribe, balkan people with scots are the only europeans that have tribe and clans, even today, expecially in Montenegro,Herzegovina and Albania) gather, that would be some kind of social bonus kinda building that could even give some millitary experience bonus... as we all know balkan is unfortunately worldwide known for its warwage during most of its bloodbathed history...sadly

Positive about inclouding Yugoslavia is Unique Balkan representation, not Balkan Conquerors representation... huge fan base that could be attracted.Negative is offcourse, again european civ, behind Portuguesse or Poland-Lithuania, but still more important or well know true world history, at least more known than many civs that are allready included.

What do u think ? Is it worth reconsidering ?(i think it do) Any suggestions ?

PS: Sry if my writing is not on some high lvl :p

Moderator Action: Thread merged with the civilization request thread

14. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

15. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    I could possibly make a barbarian civ, few questions......any preference on a Leader, or art assets (such as icons or colors), civilopedia entries, or should I just wing it based on the barbarians in game?......

I thought at first that having no UB/UU would be a problem (because there has to be at least 2), but I could replace 2 normal units and give them normal strength (say the warrior and the archer)..........and most importantly G&K?

Reply and let me know, and I will try and squeeze it into the 'ole schedule.

16. Homusubi

Homusubi Lafcadio Hearn Wannabe

The problem with Yugoslavia is that a) quite a lot of the people living there prefer independence and b) it fell apart spectacularly.

17. darkman1

darkman1 Chieftain

Australia.

I know there has been a lot of resistance to this given the relatively recent colonisation history of the land however apart from a few hundred years is it that much different to America? As a modern civilisation today we have a recognised unique culture, great people and various other traits recognised in Civ 5. Given that Civ 5 now has ancient civs that are no longer around why can't it have relatively recent civs that are around now and are actual civs in known history?

Just joined the forum and hope i haven't offended anyone. Cheers. :)

18. Nekit_ka@bk.ru

Nekit_ka@bk.ru Chieftain

Hello
    I would like to play for the Great Principality of Moscow (Москвия) , but I do not know how to create Mods. I ask you in creating the songs of such modification
    Muscovy
    Leader: Ivan III the Great (Иван III Великий) or Ivan IV the Terrible (Иван IV Грозный)[/TABLE]
    UA: The Conquest of Siberia: Scouts are +1 :c5moves: and +1 vzgyada. +30 :c5war: Bonus Vs Civilizations with a smaller number of technologies
    UU: Cossacks (Кзаки) : The same as in Russia, Replaces Knight.
    or
    The oprichniki (Опричики): Do not spend time on the destruction ulutsheniya a little:c5war: promissory note. replaces Knight
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oprichnina
    UB: The Kremlin: Replaces Castle. +1:c5food:, +1:c5culture: and +1:c5production:
    Symbol: Russia
    List of cities:
    :c5capital:Moscow (Москва)
    Veliky Novgorod (Великий Новгород)
    Vladimir (Владимир)
    Tver (Тверь)
    Suzdal (Суздаль)
    Yaroslavol (Ярославоль)
    Bryansk (Брянск)
    Nizhny Novgorod (Нижний Новгород)
    Great Ustug (Великий)
    Uglich (Углич)
    Vologda (Волгда)
    Belozyorsk (Белозерск)
    Yuriev (Юррьев)
    Kursk (Курск)
    Mozhaisk (Можайск)
    Tot'ma (Тотьма)
    Rusa (Руса)
    Ivangrad (Иванград)
    Ladoga (Ладога)
    Chebork (Чеборск)
    Gorodets (Гордец)
    Vyaz'ma (Вязьма)
    Novgorod-Seversky (Новгород-Северскай)
    Ljubech (Любеч)
    Korel (Корель)
    Galich (Галич)
    Zhitomer (Житомер)
    I ask you to do Mod're half Russian. Russian words in brackets

19. Bergerperson

Bergerperson An actual Canadian

Can I request a Crusader Civilization? Specially one that is compatible with vanilla (As I don't use Gods and Kings)

A few suggestions I have for the unique units can be: The Templar, which can replace either the knight or the long-swordsmen (Or just the swordsman), which has an experience bonus or foreign land bonus. Another possible unique unit can be the Hospitaller, which is a knight that has the medic promotion and maybe more attack when wounded, fighting a wounded opponent, or when fighting next to a wounded ally.

Some building suggestions can be a special monastery/church that doesn't require the regular requirements for the monastery and provides extra culture. Another can be a castle that gives culture or gold as well as more defence for a city.

Good unique abilities can be that gold given to city states give more influence or trade routes provide more gold and have less maintenance.

As for the leader, take a pick of some of the well known kings like Baldwin I or Baldwin IV. One can even go to say Godfrey of Bouillon.

20. atlantean_king

atlantean_king Chieftain

Is it worth asking if mythological civilization be requested as well? I know it may seem off topic, but I've always wanted to play as a civilization that isn't necessarily real.