Civilization Request Thread

Is that, is that even possible?:eek:

Didn't know it was possible to limit stuff only on a certain coordinate, though given your Minoa, should have guessed.

Civilization sounds hilarious by the way, I approve. I'd suggest, if you really want to make it, either Pedro de Valdivia or Balmaceda as the leader, Valdivia because, well, he set out to settle all of the territory that's now Chile, while Balmaceda mostly because he's from the period when we started expanding, err, latitudinally, annexing the former Peruvian, Bolivian territories as well as those of the Mapuche and the, uh, various indigenous groups that lived in the chilean Patagonia. :sad:

Suggestion to revamp Rome.

Leader: Augustus

UA: All Roads Lead To Rome - Each city connected to the capital by road increases gold, production, and culture by 2% each empire wide, and an additional 1% in the capital. May establish city connections with major civs and city states through roads, generating (2) gold, production, culture, and (roman) tourism in those civs/city states.
UU: Unaltered Legion

UI: Roman Road - Built 100% faster than normal roads, and units move 34% faster. Roman units treat tiles with roman roads as if they were roman territory. Civilian units do the same, as long as it's in neutral territory. Increased maintenance (2)

Probably op, suggestions to balance?

-Name: The Kongs
-Colors: Yellow (background) and Brown (icon)
-Start Bias: Jungle
-UA: Bannana Horde: +5% Military Unit Production from Bananas and Citrus
-UU: Gorrilla: Replaces Warrior, ignores terrain.

Denmark split!(real this time)

Icelandic Commonwealth(Ingólfur Arnarson)
Spoiler :
UA: Sagas of the Icelanders
Gain :c5greatperson: Skald points from settling cities on continents other then your capital's one, and you receive :c5culture: culture from connecting those cities to your :c5capital: capital. Cities :c5trade: connected to the capital gain :c5food: food and extra :tourism: tourism from :greatwork: Sagas.

UU: Skald
Replaces great writer. The Skald may not be consumed for :c5culture: culture. However, he may be consumed to boost the :tourism: tourism and :c5food: food in the city. It creates unique :greatwork: sagas instead of normal great works. Sagas yield extra tourism and :c5food: food if stored in continents other then your capital's, and grant 50% higher yields 10 turns after their creation.

UB: Thing
Replaces amphitheatre. Connects the city to the capital via water if not connected through land. It yields 1 :c5happy: happiness if the city is :c5trade: connected to the capital via water, and 1 happiness if the :greatwork: great work of writing slot is filled. Yields 2 :c5food: and 1 extra culture if the slot is filled by a saga.

Greenlandic colonies(Leif Ericson)
Spoiler :
UA: L'Anse aux Meadows
May build farms and trading posts on snow and tundra. During :c5goldenage: golden ages, you receive additional unique bonuses*. Cities founded on snow, tundra or coastal tiles may spawn unique resources** and grant :c5goldenage: golden age points when they grow.

UB: Mead Hall
Replaces circus. Unlike it, the mead hall does not require improved horses or ivory in order to be built. However, it yields only 1 :c5happy: happiness by itself. It yields 1 extra :c5happy: happiness per each unique resource in the city's territory(up to 3). Increase the length of WLtKDs in the city by 5 turns, and starts a 10- turn WLtKD when a luxury is improved in the city's territory.

UU: Longship
Replaces the trireme. Unlike it, it moves through water tiles adjacent to snow, tundra or ice at double speed. Starts with the boarding party I promotion.

*during golden ages, snow and tundra provide 1 :c5food: food and :c5production: production. All land units receive 1 extra vision, and 1 extra vision while embarked. Naval units receive 1 extra :c5moves: movement and vision.
**Walrus: counts as ivory. Yields: 1 food and :c5gold: gold. Terrain: coast and ocean. Improvement: fishing boats.
Mead: counts as wine. Yields: 1 :c5food: food, 1 gold. Terrain: plains, tundra. Improvement: planation.
Seals: unique luxury. Yields: 1 :c5culture: culture, 1 food. Terrain: coast, ocean. Improvement: fishing boats.

Kingdom of Denmark(Harald Bluetooth)
Spoiler :
UA: Ring of Defense
Units adjacent to units of non- enemy civilizations receive 5% combat boost against civilizations per each enemy they have. The boost is doubled in neutral territory(up to 20%). :c5puppet: puppet cities experience no anarchy, and provide units like militaristic city states.

UI: Ring fortress
Unlocked at engineering. Grants 33% defence boost to units stationed in it, and also yields 1 :c5food: food and :c5culture: culture. During wars, it decreases the amount of time it takes for cities to gift units by 2 turns, and decreases the HP of adjacent enemies by 10 HP.

UU: Berserker
Replaces longswordsman. Comes at metal casting, as opposed to steel, and has an attack boost(20%). However, it is slightly weaker(20). Pays no movement cost to pillage, and receives 1 extra :c5moves: movement if starts the turn on a pillaged tile.

Oh, but Norway was, wasn't it?

I don't think it was then, Natan.

But, weren't Iceland and Greenland(officially \De Jure) in Denmark's control for more time?

Iceland only came into Danish possession when Norway came under Danish rule in like 1397. Greenland's Norwegian population had already started to collapse by then, so by the time it became feasible for Denmark to directly control Norwegian affairs, all contact with Greenland had been cut off and its inhabitants were dead. Then, like 300 years later when the major powers started colonising everything west of the Azores, Denmark was like 'lets get in on this action' and recolonised Greenland, starting about the dawn on the 17th century... so... no, not really.

Xenoblade Chronicles Civ Idea:
Leader: Shulk the Homs
Cites: locations from game
Music: Peace- Gaur Plain Day; War - You Will Know Our Names, Engage the Enemy or An Obstacle in Our Path
UA: Chain Attack- a Unit Adjacency Bonus were more damage is done to an enemy unit the more friendly units that attack it
UB: Ether Mine - provides food +1 food for every worked mine with metal resource
UU: Defense Forces - late game unit that receives bonus vs late game armored units

Iceland only came into Danish possession when Norway came under Danish rule in like 1397. Greenland's Norwegian population had already started to collapse by then, so by the time it became feasible for Denmark to directly control Norwegian affairs, all contact with Greenland had been cut off and its inhabitants were dead. Then, like 300 years later when the major powers started colonising everything west of the Azores, Denmark was like 'lets get in on this action' and recolonised Greenland, starting about the dawn on the 17th century... so... no, not really.

So its a viking split then. Led by vikings. How about the design?
(Dats for you, walrus)

Russia split(Part I)

Kievan Rus'(Sviatoslav the Brave)
Spoiler :
UA: I want to come at you!
Upon plundering a :trade: trade route, all units adjacent to the tile heal 25HP, and gain a combat boost against the nearest city. Receive double :c5gold: gold from plundering :trade: trade routes and cities on the coast\ on rivers(tripled if both conditions are met). Trade units present in conquered cities are captured rather then being destroyed.

UU: Varangian Druzhina
Replaces Longswordsman. Starts with the amphibious, war canoes and viking fury promotions, making him signifacntly stronger while attacking from the sea. Unlike the longswordsman, unlocked at metal casting, and has lower :c5strength: combat strength(18). Gains double :c5gold: gold from plundering while adjacent to a great general.

UB: Veche
Replaces Garden. Costs no maintenance. Trade units sent from a city with a Veche ignore terrain costs on rivers and have vision range(like a normal unit).

Novgorod Republic(Alexander Nevsky)
Spoiler :
UA: The lands beyond the Portages
Upon imrpving a resource, gain :c5production: production boost in all cities that have it. Bonus resources generate :c5gold: gold instead of food. Does not gain :c5influence: influence penalties when other civilizations demand tribute from protected CS, and you gain 33% of the :c5gold: gold they received from the tribute.

UU: Tysyatsky
Replaces Great general. In addition to the normal effects, it grants cities golden age bonuses while constructing buildings. may also conduct :c5gold: trade missions. Grants :c5greatperson: great merchant points when consumed.

UNW: Veche of Novgorod
Replaces east India company. In addition to its effects, it provides a free boyar when completed, and must be built in the :c5capital: capital. All :trade: trade routes sent from the city will generate double :c5gold: gold from resource diversity, and :c5production: production equal to it.

Homeric Greece?

Homeric Greece.

Homeric Greece

UA: The Homeric Sagas: All cities have a Great Work of Writing that when filled provides +15 XP to units trained in the city and increase military production by 25%. +100 Tourism with known civs whenever a Genikos is born.

UU: Genikos: Replaces Great General. Can make Great Works of Writing or write Political Treatises.

UU: Peltast: Replaces Spearman. Ignores difficult terrain, Great Generals II, +15% Combat Strength if sharing the same tile as a Great General.

Feedback please!

Belarus - Alexander Lukashenko
UA: Europe's last dictator
Each City with a garrison increases Local City :c5happy: Happiness by 3 and :c5production: Production by 6. :c5culture: Culture cost of adopting new Policies increased by 10%.
UNW: Brest Fortress. Must have built an Arsenal in all Cities. The cost goes up the more cities there are in the empire. +12 :c5strength:, +30 HP, +2 :c5happy:, +2 :c5culture:.
UB: Bison reserve: Replaces Zoo. Grants a copy of the Bison luxury resource.

I don't think it should be literally based on Homer's writings. It should be a civ based on what Homer wrote about Greece.

Heh, I went for a more Iconic-style Civ. Greece in popular culture is oftentimes about things like the Trojan Wars. Sure, birthplace of western philosophy and all that, but Civs like France or England or Brazil, for example, go with something more iconic and relatable in terms of pop culture. Definetively not the best choice historically speaking, but I like that concept in game design so I gave it a shot.

Sorry, what I meant is, make a Homeric Greece based off the Iliad and Odyssey, and I'd love that, and woud definitely want to help. I don't like the focus on Great Writers though, since that seems based more off Homer than off his writings.

@Natan, the Kiev UA name is... odd to say the least, and it has way too many effects. I like the pillaging thing, but I'm not sure it suits the Kievan Rus too well, would be better for a more pillagey/vikingish type civ. Furthermore the city attack bonus sounds like it'd be really weird, functionally, a bonus against the nearest city specifically? I don't think that could be coded at all. The last part of the UA sounds like it would almost never be useful, it'd require some crazy luck. The Druzhina, for me, has the same problem as the UA - thematically it makes no sense for the Kievan Rus who weren't major seafarers. I like the Veche.

Novgorod has same problem as Kiev - too many bonuses in the UA, as usual. Also, like Kiev, it really fails to represent the Republic of Novgorod in any way, shape or form. Should get trade bonuses, instead, gets resource bonuses..? What? The GG is interesting but I don't get the first part, does it mean that city acts like its in a GA while the GG is stationed inside? If so, very overpowered. I don't like the Veche of Novgorod at all, for reasons I've mentioned before, so no comments there.

@GPuzzle I have to agree with the Doc here, seems like the civ should be based on Homeric Greece, not Homer. Other than that, the UA is interesting except the +100 tourism sounds like it could get totally ridiculous, particularly in the early game. It does seem like a weird hybrid though, I like the idea of a civ which focuses on writing and war, but in practice I don't see myself playing the culture game too much with this civ, so maybe scale down the conquest angle and add some more cultural stuff? I like the UUs though, all that aside.

@HongKong That UA is laughably overpowered, particularly in the early game. Also the second part is unncecessary, boring and too passive - civs never get downsides to their UAs. I don't like UNWs, they're really quite boring and essentially just serve as an extra UA after you built them - what's the point? Also the UB is strange as all hell, bison as a luxury? What? It also doesn't link in any way with the rest of the civ and is actually fairly underpowered after you've built one. It also needs a UU.

Good point, I'll probably be doing that. Again, the design philosophy was to make something that felt Greek but in a more cultural sense. The Great Works of Writing focus is based on how much Greek Mythology permeates western culture, really. I'll probably get to remaking it.

Top Bottom