1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization V: Gold Edition coming soon

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by NeverMind, Jan 26, 2013.

1. NeverMind

NeverMind Proud to be Russian

>>EBGames

Also spotted in Steam Database

Release date: February 19, 2013

It seems like 2K Games sells out previous Civ5 content before One World expansion announcement...

2. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Chieftain

Now this is interesting and perhaps the most promising sign so far that there is indeed a second expansion on the cards...

3. michaeljhuman

michaeljhuman Chieftain

"sells out" ? It's usually downloaded right? No stock to sell out, so to speak :)

4. anandus

anandus Errorist

Indeed :)

5. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

It's absolutely sure for a couple weeks now
    IIRC since january 12, with this link: http://cdr.xpaw.ru/app/8930/#section_depots

6. SuperWaffle247

SuperWaffle247 Secretary General

Good chance that the expansion will be announced around that time as well.

7. Fabiano79

Fabiano79 Chieftain

Well, I think this means that the next expansion will not come before October.

It seems unlikely that they would release a golden edition and just a couple of months after new content. Although, its a good sign that One World is a real probability.

8. CanaDutch

CanaDutch Chieftain

Apparently, Civilization 4 Gold Edition was released on July 17, 2007 and Beyond the Sword on July 23, 2007. So who knows we may get it pretty soon after the Gold Edition as well.

9. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

No, you are wrong
    The Gold Edition and the new One World expansion are not competing with each other
    Quite the opposite, they are strengthening each other. Probably producing more sales (for both of them) if released on a close date
    If the Gold Edition really comes in February 19, who knows... we might get One World in March :)
    A little more realistic tip would be late April or early May though

I don't want to repeat myself, but the new expansion is pretty sure, for more than 2 weeks now
    Check the link in my previous post

10. dashwinner

dashwinner Chieftain

i just bought a bunch of dlc for the christmas sale, although im still missing inca and all of the different map ones... now i wonder if i should have just waited for this instead...

11. anandus

anandus Errorist

Indeed.
    First off it rehypes Civ 5 again a bit, putting it back in the spotlights and secondly it gives people that don't have Civ 5 yet to get level with the current players to create an equal playing/buying field.

But it also does create the question if G&K is a prerequisite to OW, something that wouldn't surprise me.
    A mention in the Steam database doesn't mean it's 100% sure, there are mentions of games in there for months, even years, that have never been released.
    Don't worry, Civ 5, the DLC and the expansion is on sale so very often that you can pick up the rest of the missing bits for a good price anyway.

12. Menzies

Menzies Menzies

As I said in this thread, based on previous patterns an expansion is pretty sure to be announced in February, most likely the 14th or 21st. As the 14th is valentines day, there was always a good chance that the 21st was more likely and this being released on the 19th, I think we can pencil the 21st in for the announcement of One World.

13. NeverMind

NeverMind Proud to be Russian

14. Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko Chieftain

That's kind of odd - it's been out longer than G+K, so why omit it from the collection? Perhaps Firaxis plans to add Sumeria and/or the Hittites in the (as of yet unconfirmed) next expansion, and they plan to retroactively update the WotAW scenario?

...or it's just an excuse by 2k to squeeze more money out of their customers. :mischief:

15. Qoma

Qoma Chieftain

Sweet :) Time to finally upgrade from vanilla! (don't hate me, I only got vanilla a month ago)

16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

That is a very good point. There is no good reason not to put it into Gold unless they have plans to do something with it in "One World".

17. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Chieftain

Huh, it could very well be the case as when Isabella was included, so maybe the 3 wonders + the scenario will become part of One World? Now I'm hoping they'll at least give a discount for the next DLC for those who HAVE the DLC already.

18. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

Not including all DLC?

What up with that, dog? That be some petty stuff.

19. heiminglee

heiminglee Chieftain

But my Steam shows it includes Ancient Wonders DLC (13 stuff including vanilla & G&K) & saves $59.38

20. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Ah yes. I see it now as well. It must've been an oversight.