Civilizations Mod

DOmar1990

Warlord
Hello... this is my first mod of Civilization 4. This doesn't change too much of the game, just add some XML work and expands the Max Civs to 50 using an already CvGameCore.dll uploaded by phungus420.

Install Instructions: Download the .zip file, unzip it and place the Civilizations Folder into: C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Major changes under this mod:

+ Add a giant size map playable at any kind of public map, and random maps. (Fractal does pretty giant maps)

+ New unit formations, made by The_Navy_Seal member.

+ All Static Leaders (mod component download from civfanatics, dont remember from where...) I make this because like it's a giant size map, I have experienced that at after industrial era, the game runs a slower and if at the beginning of the next turn a leader wants to contact you, it takes a while until his graphics load on the window... so I download this component for make all leaders statics, so the game is less charged on graphics on that Giant map size that will take more to process al what's going on between turns.

+ Long Rage to siege and archer units by topsecret member. I also add long range to other units that topsecret member doesnt add on his mod component such as Horse Archer, Ballista Elephant (because even if they are mounted, they still are archers mouning that animals), and Tanks too (but dont causes too much damage, because the biggest damage belongs to the Mobile Artillery in its long range.
Distance radio and damage capacity by long range attacks is different on each unit.

+ Tactical Nuke range radio changed from 4 square radio to 10 squares radio.

+ ICBM and Tactical Nuke build cost increased.

+ Technologies research longer (this was a mod component that I download from civfanatics, but I dont find where the hell I get it to give credit so, if you know who post this let me know for give credit.)

+ Free Market now have a +50% growth per ville, town, etc. -50% corporation maintenance.

+ State Property now can found public corporations, but cannot allow foreign corporations. +50% Corporation maintenance.

+ Enviromentalism now +100% Corporation Maintenance.

+ Corporations are less lucrative; now corporations report 2 of gold per turn by each city with corporation (4 of gold per turn before)

+ ''Late Religious Spring'' I have increased the late's religions spread (islam, christianity) to make them competitive with the first ones that always domain the world. So now, when this late's religion are found, they will spread faster than the first ones pace, and if you dont make something to stop it (like make the others adopt Teocracy to stop the spread of the new ones and keep them as your religious allies... / or destroy the new religion as soon as it is founded to vanish any threat to your religious hegemony), the world's religious alligments can change very quickly... and that's not nice if you was the religious domain power!!!

This is the first version of this mod... IM VERY SURE that it will grow in the next several months until I learn more about XML, Art, DLL and Python... I still have a lot of ideas on a draft awaiting for be made and I will try to learn as much as I can to make them happend. So, you can expect expansions to this mod :)

Special Thanks: I want to say thanks to The_J, Baldyr, Asaf, Kael, jojoweb and all the people who have help me a lot responding my questions, refering me tutorials, making tutorials, and spending time to help others like me to become modders.

I know that this is very simple modifications but as I said, I will expand it as I learn more stuff to make my ideas on the mod. New things that you may expect on the expansion of this mod are:

+ More playable civs (Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Poland, Ucraine, Siberia, Manchuria, Thailand, Australia, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, South Africa)

+ Each civ with their respective real flag

+ More leaders on existing civs (Franco for Spain, Mussolinni for Italy, Hitler for... well, you know, Bush for USA, Kim for North Korea, Emperor Hiroito for Japan)

+ A few more world wonders (Sphynx, World Trade Center, Empire State, Motherland Statue (from Russia), Dubai hotel, Sydney Opera House, and Al Burj Dubai big tallest building.)

+ a few more resources: olives, natural gas, cotton, and titanium. I will check if I can make petroleum resources life-limited. Each petroleum resource will have a random lifetime about 50 to 200 turns from the time its starts to be exploted, and at the end of that random lifetime turns, the resource will dissapear. For example, if I discover a petroleum resource at my land, and later send a worker to construct a hole to extract petroleum, at the time that hole is constructed, that petroleum resource will be there only for 123 turns, and after that 123 turns it will dissapears, so then I have to go to another petroleum source and construct another hole to extract another petroleum resource in order to keep having petroleum for construct units that requires petroleum... But that other one have a lifetime random turns assigned too... until all petroleum on planet dissapears. (I will probably add a new technology like SOLAR ENERGY and new structures and improvements to replace the finish of petroleum).
This is intended to make petroleum exploitation an important aspect on late game, so you dont want to exploit all of your petroleum resources at same time, because they will dissapear in a determined life-time used turns... this is when you start to import petroleum and leave your own intact, to be the future's petroleum remaining power... but careful because IA's will do the same!)

+ Flexible Borders that change the borders driven by war results. (I know that this mod component is already made, but when I download it, it seems that there's an error with the CvGameCoreDLL file and doesnt run... so after I know to compile dll files, I will add this to my mod.

+ New Civics and new Structure

+ New Diplomacy treaties such as: Non-Aggresion Pact, Unconditional Defeat, Borders Opening divided into 3: Maritime Borders, Air Borders, and Land Borders.

+ A national Congress will emerge when Representation is chosen as Political Structure.

+ Redesigned colonialism and colonial powers

+ United Nations new structure and vote system.

+ Terrorism

I will provide a link to my full Civilizations Mod Draft ideas.

Attachments

• Civilizations.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 160
1st Welcome to the Modpack forum and Congratulations for your 1st Mod! :goodjob:

Just D/L'd it and will be checking it out soon.

JosEPh :)

1st Welcome to the Modpack forum and Congratulations for your 1st Mod! :goodjob:

Just D/L'd it and will be checking it out soon.

JosEPh :)

Thanks! :D

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I noticed the new Diplomacy Treaties...they look quite cool :thumbsup:

Just gotta organize the OP a little bit...

Top Bottom