Civilizations of Warcraft!

bamflux

Chieftain

Click the Spoiler below for Download links!
Spoiler :

Welcome to the Official Civilizations of Warcraft thread of CivFanatics!

Click any of the icons above to visit their respective Steam pages.

It's long overdue that I put something up on here to share our creation, especially after just about almost everything I've learned is from this site.

At the moment I haven't put up a stand-alone download for the mod, but I would like to do that once I've figured out where I want to host them. At the moment we're updating very regularly so I didn't want to jump the gun. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to let me know!

Hope people are enjoying the mod, we've got a great following on the Steam Workshop and I hope we can carry that on here.

Current Features:
  • Seven Unique Civilizations
  • 14 Religions!
  • 32 Citystates!
  • Many Custom Unit Skins

Released Civilizations:
  • Kingdom of Stormwind
  • Orcs of Durotar
  • The Night Elves
  • The Darkspear Trolls
  • The Scourge
  • The Argent Crusade
  • The Tauren

Currently Under Development:
  • Kingdom of Gilneas
  • Bronzebeard Dwarves
  • The Naga
  • Natural Wonders

Special Thanks:
  • Gigaowen - Writing
  • Trueguess - Writing
  • Docnessuno - Mapping
  • Jeffah3539 - Scenarios
  • Neirai - XML
  • Jacatola - XML
Hambil for very generous Lua support. Luir and Desertjourneyman from the Mod of Ice and Fire, FramedArchitecture from the Faerun mod, Tomatekh and JFD; I used and still use your mods as a constant reference.

You should add the Forsaken with plague catapults that spread radiation as their UU and the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow (from the wow rpg books) as their religion.

Azjol'nerub pre undead Anub'arak as a leader would be pretty cool too, would also be cool if you could figure out a way to make underground cities for the nerubians and for Undercity (could appear as city ruins above ground)

Underwater cities for tha naga would be cool as well

Our plan for Forsaken is very similar (We called the Blight Throwers), but we're finding it very difficult to implement. Hopefully we'll figure it out. You'll find Cult of Forgotten Shadow in the Religions pack :) We tried to do ocean/underwater cities for Naga but the game really can't take it at all sadly.

Hey Treehawk, good to see you over here too haha!

If you can't really add in the Blight Throwers, you can still go for the Dark Rangers which are Sylvana Windrunner's Guards.

Don't forget about the Blood Elves and Dreinai Factions if you could ever add them into the game, however it's probably difficult to add in two different worlds, considering I've yet to see Dimensional Worlds in Outland.

hallo, I have issues with internet from my pc with steam, is there some link from which i can download this mods and then move them to my pc?
for example with my phone or with a friends pc?

thankyou

Maybe change the way druidism is represented? e.g. cities with majority Elune or Earthmother worship can recruit druids, say. Having it as a separate religion is a bit strange.

Bamflux,

As you know I have been running your civs alongside the other popular fantasy CIVs to see how they balanced against them, how they interacted and if there were problems when bringing them all together. In this they have been added into scenarios with the Faerun Civs and the Skyrim Civs - as both are available outside their total conversions and are the two most prominant and available groups.

All in all your CIVs match up quite well with and against these two groups (I run 20 civs and 20 CS, Huge map, Emperor and with a LONG list of enhancement Mods in each game and finally an Era Block at the Renaissance period, to keep everything medieval/fantasy era).

I cannot see anything that creates an OP situtation (or under-powered as far as that goes) so far, and other than asking you to consider a two-tiered approach to the UU - one lower and one upper tech level unit - they work together flawlessly. What I mean by this is perhaps having a uniquely named early unit, that can be upgraded into the UU once that tech is acquired to allow time to gain some early promotions that will carry over once the UU is gained.

In a couple of cases, the UU becomes obsolete, comes too late to gain much Experience (promotions) or is technologically replaced too soon after you can start building them and you get little time to field and promote them. I think a 2-tiered approach could provide a longer lifespan of these special units, especially if you can level them up before upgrading. This is true for some of the other CIVs and not just yours, and something that I think you can address if you want to and allow the players to spend a little more time with these really nice units before they are phased out by tech advancement. The one that immediately comes to mind is the 7th Legion Cavalry that goes obsolete at Knight and not cavalry, so you do not have much of a chance to buy/build before it goes away. If it was replaced at Cavalry, you would have time to build, get a promotion and then upgrade/replace it. OR.. the 7th Unit Cavalry would not go obsolete; instead give it a healthy promotion when the Cavalry Tech is achieved and even a smaller promotion as it passes the Knight Tech, these would allow you to develop and utilize the unique piece(s) over the course of several eras.

Some CIVs have starting advantages, some mid-game and a couple late game perks, but over the course of 250+ turns they all mesh together very, very well. no glitches, no problems even under the heavy Mod load I put them under. I noted to you the only one that seemed slower to expand than the others, so I will not add that here as you may have already addressed it.

I do have a question for you - is it at all possible to flavor the Civs so that those that are inheritantly "evil" will stop starting out Friendly to the Civs that "should" be their natural enemies. It gets disturbing when the Civs that you would expect to ally with you start out as neutral, and those that you would think would be opposed to you begin as friendly. This is not just your Civs, but true in most regards of those that I included. It would make the scenarios a little more realistic to expectations.

For example, why is the Lich Lord so bloody friendly to everyone? I expect him to be the all-out, absolute antangonist and other then his constant political friendship requests, he is not antagonistic, annoying yes, but threatening not so much. This might be just how "I" perceive the CIV, but it feels odd to have him trying to be everyone's friend. NOW... once you attack him, he is a great foe, and that CIV's unique traits play out very well, it is just during the non-combat phases he seems overly "nice".

Given all of that, my only other comment would be to consider increasing the Orc's aggression even further. Yes, they reacted very well once they are dragged into war, but they are not as aggressive as say Ghengis Khan's units, which I would expect them to compare with, in their representing what I had thought was a much mjore warlike (aggressive) CIV. Of course, you may not have wanted them that aggressive, and that may just be a differance between WOW orcs and the ones I am used to, but I'll suggest it anyways, just in case you may consider it.

Fantastic work so far, I have seriously enjoyed everything you have done so far and I cannot wait to see what you do with the Tech Tree.

Hey there, just a quick question. The mod looks great but I'm pretty much only playing with the Communitas mod CEP. Are they interfering with each other? Can I play both of them?

Warcraft made, and still makes, me sick. I played it so much that I got obsessed to it; however, I have to admit that this work is impressive, brilliant. I liked it and I downloaded it.

Congratulations, keep working on it. I don't hate the Warcraft and Azeroth concept, but the game itself...

Pheonix, no idea if it's compatible with Communitas. Might just have to give it a shot and see what happens.

Hope you're enjoying the mod guys. I don't check this thread much (Get over 100 comments a day on Steam, have barely had 10 on here) so sorry if I don't get to your questions straight away.

Very nice! I'm looking forward to play it some times in the future.

Regarding Communitas, I'd say that at the moment, some problems are very likely. However, as long as this mod only changes Civilizations and no gameplay (like technologies), it should work. However there will be problems as Communitas deletes some superfluous buildings, creates new ones and so on. It may thus be very likely that you can't play it right now. Making the two compatible should be doable quite easily, but it is work and one probably should wait for a stable version.

Bamflux,

I do have a question for you - is it at all possible to flavor the Civs so that those that are inheritantly "evil" will stop starting out Friendly to the Civs that "should" be their natural enemies. It gets disturbing when the Civs that you would expect to ally with you start out as neutral, and those that you would think would be opposed to you begin as friendly. This is not just your Civs, but true in most regards of those that I included. It would make the scenarios a little more realistic to expectations.

You could start the game with the civs in the same Team

and I've seen some options about civs not being able to change alliances...

--EDIT--

I still can't download the mods, Its so annoying, idk what's wrong... I've tried everything, steam just wont download them...

so frustrating, I want to play those mods so bad

Now you just need to somehow persuade Epicss to join forces with you and share his Heroes mod, it would work AMAZINGLY well with this mod.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Bottom