1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civitar's Unit Workshop

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Civitar, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Howard Tafty

Howard Tafty Minister-Chairman

Any chance you would be willing to do a this:

A simple reskin of Great War Infantry would be all thats needed right?

2. RawSasquatch

RawSasquatch Minuteman

Awesome, thanks to both of you, Civitar and mischa! I don't know what I'd do without you. And I wish you the best with your appointments and hope it's all uphill from now on, Civitar.

3. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

@Howard Tafty: What unit is that (civ name and unit name please)? It seems like I could reskin one of the Ottoman units on here to do that...

@RawSasquatch: :D:D:D Thanks for the sentiment.

4. Howard Tafty

Howard Tafty Minister-Chairman

Force Publique of the Belgian Congo.

5. counterpoint

counterpoint Chieftain

Hey civitar, been following the thread and checking out the recent stuff. All awesome. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Just wanted to check in regarding s3rgeus's wheel of time units. Pretty sure he requested them before you changed to reskins only, so I wasn't sure if you were planning in doing any if those units or not. Of course, we are many months away from needing any units, but I wanted to check in nonetheless.

Anyways, great work. Keep it up and get well soon

6. Professor137

Professor137 Chieftain

Hey Civitar!
    I am doing a mod at the moment about the Burning Legion of WoW and was wondering if you could make/reskin a couple of units for me. One unit is the felguard and the other is the fel imp. You don't have to worry about the icons. :)

7. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Well I'm giving him my Warhammer Beastmen models when I finish them. I plan on moving on to them soon after I've done a few more Orc and Goblin models.:) I need to find a good goat model though for the head and legs.

Actually I kind of do as I make the units to match the icons. And I'm not interested in googling images of these to discover you actually meant something else.

8. counterpoint

counterpoint Chieftain

right! forgot about the warhammer units! They'll be perfect, I'm sure.

9. Professor137

Professor137 Chieftain

Oh sorry :blush:, didn't know that, here's the icons I made.

Although in WoW the imps look like this: They also shoot green fireballs. The felguards look like this: I kinda like them to look like they do in the game so...sorry if you have already started on them.

10. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

11. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Now we know why people won't stay dead...

Lich
    Spoiler :

Sample ArtDefines:
    Code:
    INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfos(Type, DamageStates, Formation)
      VALUES ('ART_DEF_UNIT_LICH', 1, 'UnFormed');
    INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos(UnitInfoType, UnitMemberInfoType, NumMembers)
      VALUES ('ART_DEF_UNIT_LICH', 'ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LICH', 1);
    INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos(Type, Scale, Model, MaterialTypeTag, MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag)
      VALUES ('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LICH', 0.149999997317791, 'lich.fxsxml', 'CLOTH', 'FLESH');
    INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats(UnitMemberType, EnableActions, HasShortRangedAttack, HasLongRangedAttack, HasStationaryMelee, HasRefaceAfterCombat, ReformBeforeCombat)
      VALUES ('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LICH', 'Idle Attack RunCharge AttackCity Bombard Death BombardDefend Run Fortify CombatReady', 1, 1, 1, 1, 1);
    INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons(UnitMemberType, "Index", SubIndex, VisKillStrengthMin, VisKillStrengthMax, ProjectileSpeed, HitEffect, WeaponTypeTag, WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag)
      VALUES ('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_LICH', 0, 0, 25.0, 50.0, 5.0, 'ART_DEF_VEFFECT_PLASMA_RIFLE_PROJ', 'EXPLOSIVE', 'RAILGUN');
    INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset)
      VALUES ('ART_DEF_UNIT_LICH', 'Unit', 'sv_cannon.dds');

The model is from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, while the spell effect is Nomad's Gandalf Wizard XCOM Laser Rifle Splendiferous Machine Triggers File.

12. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

New unit: Bear, converted from Civilization IV with 11 animations. Has no sounds or effects. I will add more skins when I find them.

Spoiler Screenshot :

13. Multruvite

Multruvite Chieftain

Thank you sorry.

14. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Not the right place, sorry. You'd be better off making a new thread in the main Creation & Customization forum or asking in one of the tutorial threads.

15. Karatekid5

Karatekid5 Chieftain

Those are some impressive units! Keep up the great work! :D

Though, if you're still taking requests, I have one! ^^ I'm decent at art though I'm not too good with models. Though, this unit can use the animations of the Helicopter Gunship, so it's a simple floating unit.

Here's a picture:

It's a Koppaite SPERO from Pikmin 3, I'm making this into a scouting unit. Would you be able to make a model for this? You don't have to worry about the blue beam of light coming from the bottom.

16. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

I can't make models except from pieces of other models - so I'd need a base model to convert into this.

17. Karatekid5

Karatekid5 Chieftain

Ah, I see. Would it be possible to remove the vehicle from the SS Stasis chamber and have the chamber facing vertically? The Stasis Chamber kinda looks like the SPERO.

18. Hulfgar

Hulfgar Chieftain

19. bouncymischa

bouncymischa Synthetic Genie

Oh, I'd already converted that for the expansion of my Future Worlds mod that I've been working on.

Spoiler :

Since it's been taking time to get the mod to a fully functional state, I'd been considering starting up my own thread to post the various units I've converted in the meantime, but I wasn't sure if there was much interest so it was a low priority. I'll get them posted in the next couple of days.

(Unless you really really REALLY want Civitar to do it, since he's probably still better at rigging than I am. :p)

20. Civitar

Civitar Adventurer

Nice job Bouncy - everyone, this is who you ask for sci-fi stuff now.;)