Civitar's Unit Workshop

Civitar, these requests, can they include civ4 model conversions (and re-skins of the converted models)? Or is that too much of a hassle?

If the unit interests me.:D
(Take that as a given for most fantasy units. So you can request any unit from FFH, for example.)
If you want a historical unit converted, you'll still need to show me an icon.

While it's not 100% fantasy, I'm in need of a hooded Archer/Composite Bowman for an upcoming mod (for which all the other required art is done). Here's an icon, and if it isn't enough, here's a full-body reference shot. If you're interested, lemme know.

I need a conversion + reskin of this model from Civ IV. The reskin is just removing the italian colours from the turret. Icon below. Thanks very much if you decide to do it!

Sorry, nope. That thing uses custom animations too, and those are a tall order.

Sure.:)

Rather off-topic: does that turret look weirdly impractical or what?? If the machine guns can't move independent of each other, at any given time half the firepower is wasted since only one can be aiming at a time...

New unit! Click the icon to download.

As per DJSHenninger's request.:)

It was a little more complicated than I anticipated - I took Bakuel's Mamluk Archer from Civ4 to serve as the crew, but in the process of rigging them I was too hasty and somehow rigged the bones upside down! So they were horribly distorted in all animations because the bones were all in the right places relative to each other, but rotated 180° past where they should have been! Fortunately it was a relatively simple fix.

Attachments

• toopchi.png
    toopchi.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 180
New unit! Click the icon to download.

As per DJSHenninger's request.:)

It was a little more complicated than I anticipated - I took Bakuel's Mamluk Archer from Civ4 to serve as the crew, but in the process of rigging them I was too hasty and somehow rigged the bones upside down! So they were horribly distorted in all animations because the bones were all in the right places relative to each other, but rotated 180° past where they should have been! Fortunately it was a relatively simple fix.

Thanks a lot! Looks great!

Once again, Civitar doesn't fail to amaze. Thank god people like you exist on Civfanatics otherwise mods would look terrible.

:3

Awesome thread, Civitar! Your new units are seriously impressive, I'm glad to see so much progress has been made with the CiV art process! And you've made a ton of awesome units.

Following up from your post in the WoTMod thread, there are a few new unit models that WoTMod would be much better for. If you could make any of them, that would be awesome! If you need any more detail on what they look like or how they should act or anything, I'll be happy to fill in more details.

First up are trollocs. They make up the majority of the Shadowspawn (read: evil god's army) in the Wheel of Time and there will be a ton of these units on the map on quite a few occasions. Some variation between the models in the formation would be awesome. Here are a few references for what Trollocs look like. They're big, beast-like things, of a scale with a human, so about 7-8 feet tall. They use a variety of jagged swords and axes in combat.

Then we have Myrddraal. Pale-skinned, man-sized creatures with no eyes or hair. They wear black cloaks that don't move when they move (which is hopefully easier to animate) and attack with a short-ish black blade, usually stabbing with it rather than swinging.

And the biggest ask this time is Draghkar, they're bat-like humanoid creatures. On the ground they attack by consuming their target's souls (think like Dementors in Harry Potter). If their combat animations could reflect that, that would be awesome. I'm also hoping it might be possible to provide them with a flying animation that they could use to "paradrop".

Not sure what of the above is possible, but anything is extremely helpful! Thanks again, Civitar! :D

First up are trollocs. They make up the majority of the Shadowspawn (read: evil god's army) in the Wheel of Time and there will be a ton of these units on the map on quite a few occasions. Some variation between the models in the formation would be awesome. Here are a few references for what Trollocs look like. They're big, beast-like things, of a scale with a human, so about 7-8 feet tall. They use a variety of jagged swords and axes in combat.

Then we have Myrddraal. Pale-skinned, man-sized creatures with no eyes or hair. They wear black cloaks that don't move when they move (which is hopefully easier to animate) and attack with a short-ish black blade, usually stabbing with it rather than swinging.

And the biggest ask this time is Draghkar, they're bat-like humanoid creatures. On the ground they attack by consuming their target's souls (think like Dementors in Harry Potter). If their combat animations could reflect that, that would be awesome. I'm also hoping it might be possible to provide them with a flying animation that they could use to "paradrop".

As I think we've remarked before, Trollocs bear a remarkable resemblance to Warhammer Beastmen. So when I get to doing those for Warhammer, I'll send you the models I make for them. I can also make a couple extra ones, with bird/bear heads of the kind Beastmen don't usually have.

Myrdraal seem like the easiest actually - just a Vampire Swordsman given darker armor, a cape, and a different sword, plus the face job. I can make two versions, one hooded and one bareheaded, if you like. Either way the eyelessness is not going to be terribly visible from Civ5 magnification. I'll rig them to Swordsman animations, since making a whole new set of animations just to get them to stab instead of swing is unreasonable.

Draghkar will have to wait a bit, unfortunately. I'm still not sure what sort of animations to give them that would represent "soul-stealing".

Top Bottom