Clan (Faction) of the Shadowed Hands

Rashiminos

Fool Prophet
Clan (Faction) of the Shadowed Hands

We are an elite group of talented (insert civ adjective) people with physical strength and ingenuity. Our methods can be both amazingly subtle and impressively overt. We assert that our natural qualities make us most fit to lead, and we intend to guide this tribe, even if we have to force the opposition into submission.

Governmental Civic:
Despotism

Other Civics:
Barbarism
Tribalism
Decentralization
Paganism

Proposed Traits: Financial/ Organized

Proposed Leaderhead:
Darius I

Authority will be vested in a Chieftain or a Chieftess, hereafter referred to as the Chief, by a clan majority at the beginning of the clan's rule. The Chief must be a member of the clan.

Enrollment: Before game creation and prior to reaching the membership minimum, anyone wishing to join this faction may do so as long as they renounce all allegiances to other factions. Subsequent enrollment will require sponsorship by either the Chief, or at least 2 clan members in addition to the renunciation of allegiances.

Powers of the Chief: Where not superseded by metagame rules and the several clan agreements to be mentioned below, the Chief will assume complete authority over the clan and tribe. The Chief shall command our troops, govern our cities, manage our workforce, increase our wealth, set our research goals, determine our traditions, engage in any necessary diplomacy and/or subterfuge, et cetera. The Chief, at his or her whim, may delegate these responsibilities (as well as the responsibility of playing the saves) freely to clan members, and with clan approval to non-member citizens.

Clan abilities: On a periodic basis (i.e. a week, subject to metagame rules), clan members who resent the rule of our current Chief may attempt to overthrow the Chief. For the overthrow to be successful, a majority of clan membership must support the coup, and have reached a consensus on who shall replace the Chief. Until both are accomplished, the reigning Chief retains power. A coup may also be attempted if the Chief passes his role in its entirety (permanently) onto another member. The succeeding Chief assumes power until the coup has reached a majority and consensus as established above in this paragraph. The Chief may not attempt to overthrow himself or herself. The losing side of a coup attempt is stripped of titles, roles, units, feature names, and so on for their treachery. The losing side must remain without such privileges for a minimum period of time (ie 10 turns) before being given new privileges by the new Chief. The new Chief may remove the privileges of non-member citizens at his or her pleasure.

Advice: Clan members and citizens are free to voice advice to the Chief and any delegates empowered by the Chief. Any advice so given is not binding in any way, and the Chief shall decide at his or her mercy our course of action.

Non-member Citizens: They are to be recognized as having a potential that the other thousands of rabble we shall rule do not have, but nothing more. However, the Chief may appoint a functional role to them, but only if the clan unanimously approves of it. If, after a non-member citizen is appointed to such a role, at least one clan member withdraws support, the non-member citizen's role is relinquished.

Roleplay: As long as the Chief's will does not prohibit it, non-member citizens can participate in roleplay events in the cities (such as sports leagues, creative writing with the appropriate tech, celebrations, protests, as long as it isn't game-play oriented). Non-members can serve in the military, but they will not be officers and will not command military units. Non-member citizens can be given homes in a tile if they are part of the workforce that utilizes it, but those citizens will not own the tiles they work on.

Titles: The Chief may assume additional titles at the Chief's leisure, and the Chief is free to give titles to delegates and clan members. Non-member citizens, except those who are appointed by the procedure in the above paragraph, may have no titles.

The naming of landmarks, cities, units, etc:
The Chief may name these things after himself or herself, or other clan members. Non-member Citizens may only have nonmilitary units named after them, and they shall not own land.

By majority vote, the clan can decide to give up its ability to overthrow the Chief, who from that point forward will have absolute (excepting metagame rules) power until the end of the term.

Mission:
We shall explore and dominate the world. All lands shall bow to us. We will maintain superiority over our neighbors, and our enemies shall be scouted out and then dealt with through intrigue and calculated force. We will endeavor to know everything and everyone.

Personal Goals: Use of espionage for more than the demographics, particularly in avoiding defensive wars and smooth execution of any offensive wars. Plenty of gainful employment opportunities for spies in peacetime as well.

If Rashiminos is Chief (The Clan gets elected as Prime Faction and the members support):

I will assume the title of Chieftain Rashiminos the Progenitor.

I will decide to settle the capital based on the availability of production and food, for the rapid output of workers, settlers, and exploratory units.

The second city will be a commerce city if at all possible.

Our initial territory will be used to support a strong espionage program. In accordance with this goal, the espionage slider may be used to maintain a favorable spy ratio with at least one rival, and any excess will be optimally used to gain favorable ratios with other rivals. If we should happen to develop a way to train elite espionage units, we will make extensive use of them in foreign territory.

As a result, pure scientific research will not necessarily proceed at a maximum rate, and religious research won't be a top priority unless a neighbor spreads it to us (where we can then use it to our advantage).

Upon founding of the capital, I will appoint a Reeve to oversee vital record-keeping of the city. The Reeve would be allowed to make suggestions on city resource use and production. Further cities will also be under the record-keeping authority of the Reeve. For each additional city, the Reeve may appoint a subordinate to carry out his duties in that new city. Exceptional service in this regard will result in rewards for the members of the clan involved. Inadequacy will result in loss of position and shame for the families of the failures.

Military and Exploratory units are my purview, and shall remain so for the entirety of my rule. Clan members may volunteer to command individual units for roleplay purposes, and non-member citizens may volunteer to serve under them at their discretion.

For the time being, I intend to control settlers, workers, and non-exploratory workboats.

To make sure my will is done, I will be playing the save as per the core game rules. I will endeavor to play no less than 15 turns a month and no more than 60 turns a month without the consent of all citizens (all citizens can poll to slow the game down or speed it up).

All citizens will be allowed a flexibility in the range of roleplay. I will issue decrees in response.

Views on the other "factions":

Triad Coalition: Three rulers going in different directions tied to one nation. Do the (blank).

Tribal: Perhaps a bit too decentralized, but the oligarchy of the tribe is sufficient to stay the anarchy of the masses.

Very good sir, another faction has seen daylight :)

I would appreciate feedback from those who don't like this proposal and also those who are considering it.

I selected the traits for use with the espionage features (using the espionage slider, quicker courthouses...)

Looks like a good faction, but I daresay (Woo! Always wanted to use that word) the structure is much like the Mysticracy faction. You do have a different take on the game, however, so I guess that's difference enough.

Revisions to the outline above will be considered prior to Prime Faction elections and determination of the First Chief. These revisions will only occur if membership in this Clan reaches the faction minimum of 2 (1 more). Otherwise, this draft will be saved for its inevitable later use (those other factions are destined to fail anyways:mischief: ) . Please indicate a desire to join this faction in this thread.

Looks like a good faction, but I daresay (Woo! Always wanted to use that word) the structure is much like the Mysticracy faction. You do have a different take on the game, however, so I guess that's difference enough.

But it does mention the ability to overthrow the current chief of the faction...however, everything else is a bit of Warlords mixed with Mysticracy.

Well, I have another day or more to make my decision, but I don't necessarily see why all the factions have to be truly unique. Take for example the Democrats and the Republicans...are they really that different? Maybe 20 years ago, but how about the last 10?

Congratulations, your faction has been invited to the Prime Election Debate. The Prime Election Debate is now being hosted by the Poverty's Pub Guild. It is a place for the running factions to further voice their beliefs as well as citizens to get answers.

Please read the rules in the first post before participating.

Thanks.

Brothers Material only has two members. Dont feal bad. The only thing we've done is create permanate alliances with church of g, bros magma, and triad. Oh, and Pats working on poverty club, but yea ;) maby our factions should join. "All Hail the Brotherhood of Three!" haha ok or not. But both of us need new members. Ideas?

Actualy, transfer over to Infi. Wepons Mas. Fraction. Mill leader spot is open, my fractions merging with them on monday if we dont have any new members.

Rashiminos, perhaps you could lead a spy-based guild?

Top Bottom