1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Clashing of Empires - A standard map version of Rhye's Civilization Expanded

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by V. Soma, Feb 3, 2005.

1. jsolomon86

jsolomon86 Chieftain

I think I'm playing Monarch. I'm not sure I'm ready for emperor seeing as how I haven't played in a while.

2. narmox

narmox Chieftain

yep, I think the resources are placed just fine! Gotta work on your conquest or diplomacy (which is a ***** with civ3's rep hit system, but oh well gotta live with it) and trade.

elephants -> jungles. ok.. but why not mountain? at least for carthage's elephants? since Hannibal crossing the alps with his elephants made him famous...

Camel rider-> well it's nice to ahve in the modern age at least one unit that can cross deserts. but it's pretty useless by then anyway ;)

3. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

I really ponder on the idea to give Carthage's elephants
    the right to to cross mountains... :)

4. Camber

Camber Resident Family Therapist

I disagree with not upgrading Elephants to Cavalry. I think all mounted units should either upgrade to Cavalry/Lancers, or we should find someone to make graphics for Industrial-era Camel and Elephant units.

Hannibal didn't have his Elephants plow their way through the snow and clear the passes to make a route through the Alps. He brought with him a workforce, that went ahead of the elephants and make a "road" for them. That was part of his feat, making a route, not just bringing the units to travel the route. So I would think that requiring Workers to go first and build a road is just fine; no need to change Elephants to unwheeled.

5. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

I'm back but for no long time since i will receive Supreme Ruler 2010 :)

6. pinktilapia

pinktilapia Homeless

Well, of Hannibal original 38 elephants, only a very few did survive the crossing, so it was rather anecdotic and ineffective as far as elephants are concerned ;). Better have a pass (a hill in Civ term) in the Alps to represent armies abilities to cross mountains in some places.

7. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

There IS a hill at the "feet" of the Alps, both west (France, coast),
    and east (Adria) - otherwise it could not be passed
    (in Rhye's - and therefore in CoE - mountains are not passable by military units).

8. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

9. narmox

narmox Chieftain

Hey V Soma, how's this mod coming along.. Any updates, or is everything fine? I stop playing for 2 months and this thread dies!?!?!? :(

10. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

Hi, narmox!

You see, not much action here around...
    I think this v4 is quite a working one, only a few minor things left to clean up,
    and I don't want to be quick about that.

I would be glad to discuss how games go with CoE, though! :)

11. narmox

narmox Chieftain

I haven't played civ3 in months, so I have no stories to tell....

12. nitram

nitram Chieftain

Hey V Soma...any more news on your mod :D

13. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

Oh, no news - you see, there were two or three little issues to correct in v4 but that can be done easily by you (check some posts back)... oh, yes, I shall polish the civpedia outlook (texts are stretching out of the box...), I sure will sometime

Do you have something to share concerning CoE? :)