Classic 33: Spoiler 2 (Industrial age)

zamint3 said:
This sounds familiar! :lol:

I've limited my use of exploits in the last six months - I've been treating myself to one a game, up till this month. The idea being that I would become a better player if I did not depend on them.

This month was different because it was my intention to utterly crush the megalomaniacal AlanH :) It didn't work out quite how I intended as I ended up scoring under 9000. I was really gunning for over 10K but the map presented me with too many early difficulties. I was almost in a position to upgrade to swords at one point but then the barbs hit and put an end to any hope I had of taking the chinese early. Which I would have needed to do to get a plus 10k score.

OPEN

This month I was trying to go for a domination win. Being tired from all the settler walkings the last gotms and cotms, I decided to settle right away.

My next city was founded near the nice cows in the South. I wanted to move my palace there as soon as possible.
China presented a golden opportunity. I met china early in the game when a settler supported by a warrior came my way. I could not resist and won my first two workers.
Now China was trying to get revenge and a lonely warrior made it next to Athens. First I wanted to kill him with my archer, but then I thought, let him take Athens, I have a more then 90% chance to retake it the next turn, my palace will automatically moved to Sparta.
I moved my archer and warrior out of Athens, the chinese warrior took my undefended city and I retook it the next turn. The only casualty was one citizen.

Later on I got a GL from my constant harrassing of the Chinese settler combos (and lots of workers).
The dawning of the middle ages brought a flood of barbarians which hang around for quite a while and made it difficult to expand, But I managed to set new cities close to them and they happily moved in.

The rest of the game was constant warmongering, first with horsemen, then with knights and finally with cavalry.

In 600 AD I was awarded with my domination victory and about 9300 Firaxis points. I liked this game.

Nice strategy for jumping your palace! :) And founded on the starting position, too!! I'm typically pretty peaceful initially, and wouldn't be so gutsy to control China from the get-go as you did.

Top Bottom