Clicking on City State does nothing

Haile Marriam

Chieftain
Anyone else have this problem. When clicking on a city state in the map, or via diplo screen, nothing happens. Any ideas how to fix this? Was working fine a few days ago and I haven't added any additional mods.

Thanks.

Anyone else have this problem. When clicking on a city state in the map, or via diplo screen, nothing happens. Any ideas how to fix this? Was working fine a few days ago and I haven't added any additional mods.

Thanks.
Does it happen with every CS? If not then maybe you are trying to interact with a CS that you haven't met yet, but just see on map. In that case just move a unit to the CS until it sees the CS unit or city.

I sometimes experience it after playing too long and getting too many city notifications, just move some unit. Like, move a Worker, a garrison guy, and you'll be able to interact with CSs, civs, etc.

I sometimes experience it after playing too long and getting too many city notifications, just move some unit. Like, move a Worker, a garrison guy, and you'll be able to interact with CSs, civs, etc.
You described an very old bug(every authority player see that thing in every game). I think topic starter asked for something else.

Never ever experienced this. I only recently converted to EUI though, maybe it is happening only when EUI is active?
If you ask about authority bug: just take full branch and wait till some city will produce a unit(by conscription). From start of turn try to click on any CS or leader -> nothing will happen - that about what I am say. Maybe it is EUI bug, I don't know, but it is not critical and I'm already used to it

Thank you all for the suggestions. The problem appears to be a mod conflict, if I "unclick" all the mods it works fine. Now, I just have to go through the laborious process of figuring out which mod is the culprit.

Thank you all for the suggestions. The problem appears to be a mod conflict, if I "unclick" all the mods it works fine. Now, I just have to go through the laborious process of figuring out which mod is the culprit.
Dichotomic method is your friend!
(in the unlikely case you don't know it: proceed with half of the mods to figure out in which half the culpric is, then iterate with half of the "potential culprics". If you have at most 32 mods, it finishes in at most 5 steps)

If you ask about authority bug: just take full branch and wait till some city will produce a unit(by conscription). From start of turn try to click on any CS or leader -> nothing will happen - that about what I am say. Maybe it is EUI bug, I don't know, but it is not critical and I'm already used to it

Yeah I remember getting annoyed by it the first time I noticed. But I got used to it quickly to the point where I barely notice it. I think I work around it subconsciously most of the time.

Yeah I remember getting annoyed by it the first time I noticed. But I got used to it quickly to the point where I barely notice it. I think I work around it subconsciously most of the time.

How do you work around it? How do you bully/offer pledges of protection without getting to the next screen? How do you deter,mine how many diplomacy points you need to get the CS to become an ally?

Dichotomic method is your friend!
(in the unlikely case you don't know it: proceed with half of the mods to figure out in which half the culpric is, then iterate with half of the "potential culprics". If you have at most 32 mods, it finishes in at most 5 steps)

I was not familiar with the term "dichotomic method", but I was/am essentially doing this. Thanks for the suggestion.

This bug happens all the time when capturing units with the huns. I reflexively try to move units after capturing to stop the freeze, but it probably is the biggest reason why I stay away from playing the huns.

Top Bottom