Climate change madness: First successful cocoa plantation on European soil - Tropical crops can now be grown in Southern Spain

So to pull back from needless insinuation on your part. Can you not perceive a future with people you care about in it? Without a need of religious structure.. can't you comprehend its a good thing to try and make it a better place for them?

You word it as though I, and only I, have the power to change the entire global socioeconomic/geopolitical way the world goes about doing things.

What are you doing to help lower your carbon footprint?

You word it as though I, and only I, have the power to change the entire global socioeconomic/geopolitical way the world goes about doing things.

What are you doing to help lower your carbon footprint?

No, I have never stated that. I have in fact already denied it in a previous message. So perhaps drop the complex? I do not think you are remotely significant in anything but those nearest to you.

I have also never suggested you could change the "entire global socioeconomics".

You keep running off with the structure of what we are talking about into an absurd fallacy. You finish off with a childish "but waht are you doing!".

I am doing plenty of things, I could list them but what does it matter to you? If I am not, you won't? I don't imagine I have that power over your life! :lol:

But I will sign-off this debate now, I view your position as disgusting and degenerative for the globe. A dangerous selfishness that is shallow and mean. I wish you well in such a dull, grey existence. I will continue to enjoy having hope, and striving for a better tomorrow.

Do humans have consciousness? If so why couldn't that be replicated by a sophisticated enough machine?
It's an ongoing debate, but some notable figures are of the position that consciousness is incompatible with digital systems (all current computers). Of course there have been analog computers in the past, but they aren't as efficient.

But I will sign-off this debate now, I view your position as disgusting and degenerative for the globe. A dangerous selfishness that is shallow and mean. I wish you well in such a dull, grey existence. I will continue to enjoy having hope, and striving for a better tomorrow.

Good, no point talking with you.

It's an ongoing debate, but some notable figures are of the position that consciousness is incompatible with digital systems (all current computers). Of course there have been analog computers in the past, but they aren't as efficient.

I feel like analog systems could be updated with new materials in order to be more compact and efficient. Quantum computing or some other alternative to binary could lead to some interesting results. In the end neuroscience will assist researchers into finding the most accurate computational system to replicate the consciousness. There's a lot of money to be made, ethical concerns aside, whereby they'll pursue it.

Top Bottom