[GS] Co2

From experiments on marathon speed, CO2 production:
1 from each tile of rail laid.
1 for the creation of a fuel using unit, doesn't seem to be a difference between coal and oil.
1 each turn for the maintenance of a fuel using unit.

So no matter what your power production is, even having a small military is going to jack you into the game's AGW spiral whether you like it or not.

Anyone have any idea if having a lumber mill on a forest tile hurts it as a CO2 sink? I don't mind covering the world in forests, but it'd be nice to get something out of them. Theoretically, enough forests and it should start reducing CO2.

I have not played with these at all yet but I though you converted your coal into an oil with a project?
yep and theres a mod that adds a decommission project that honestly should be in the base game. Once you build a plant your only option to avoid CO2 is to go nuclear and repeatedly recommission it to avoid a Chernobyl disaster. Don't know why you can't decommission your obsolete coal plant once you get renewables.

yep and theres a mod that adds a decommission project that honestly should be in the base game. Once you build a plant your only option to avoid CO2 is to go nuclear and repeatedly recommission it to avoid a Chernobyl disaster. Don't know why you can't decommission your obsolete coal plant once you get renewables.

Once you get all your power from renewables the coal plant doesn't burn coal and no longer raises co2.

Once you get all your power from renewables the coal plant doesn't burn coal and no longer raises co2.
Awesome, did not know that. I tried to play as green as possible since I was Phonecia and my cities were all over the coast but I could not get out of that top polluter spot. It was probably my navy that was killing me. Two armadas of ironclads/destroyers and 4 armadas of battleships. Warmongering is going to be rough when I actually do play a warmonger game.

Warmongering is going to be rough when I actually do play a warmonger game.
It should not be, I never have much of a warmonger problem, gotta be some large number of units and a long bloody surprise war to make it felt.

Top Bottom