Collated list of remaining issues

Issues that probably won't be fixed

Game balanced around only standard speed
Any map size beyond standard leads to LOOOONG end turns essentially stopping the game before you get to the end era's
By the time you reach the modern era you already know who will win the game
Most of the content added in the last year were gimmicks
The AI does not matter to the devs, they consider this a multiplayer game, which is why they never added full modding support..... mods to execs obsessed with multiplayer equals cheating.

If civ7 is anything like civ6 and it does not fix the above.... this series is dead.

If by dead you mean that we will all buy it, we all play it for 3,500 hours each and we all complain about all the issues in the game, then yes CIV 7 will be dead.

If by dead you mean that we will all buy it, we all play it for 3,500 hours each and we all complain about all the issues in the game, then yes CIV 7 will be dead.

This is exactly what was said about Fallout 76

it being the intended behavior is arguably worse given what a terrible mechanic it is both gameplay wise AND immersion wise.

Like what, these are super horses that can destroy bulldozers? Is Civ6 set on Pandora?

But you know I can mow down cows with wooden shovels no problem

It is obviously to stop all the luxuries and strategic resources from being removed from the game. Think for once, before posting.

Added the weird science issues identified in the 'AI crazy about science' thread.

It is obviously to stop all the luxuries and strategic resources from being removed from the game. Think for once, before posting.

How is that any different than removing all the cows?

If somebody did decide to do that, then the consequences are on them

Also stop with the insults, my patience has it’s limits

How is that any different than removing all the cows?

If somebody did decide to do that, then the consequences are on them

Also stop with the insults, my patience has it’s limits

What patience? You only angry post.

Luxuries and strategic resources are critical to the game functioning properly. Bonus resources are not. I should not have to explain the difference.

Moderator Action: Please keep the discussion civil, do not attack other posters

Reactions: PiR

Actually, speaking for myself, I *am* thinking here. Last night when I discovered niter, out of the 3 sources revealed, 2 had districts on them. So, I am already generating +4 niter per turn because it is allowing me to use the niter where the districts are. Now, if I would have discovered the niter first, this wouldn't be possible. What sense does that make, and how is this consistent at all?

Even in Civ 5 great person improvements connected resources, and you could put down those improvements *after* the resources were revealed.

So, in my opinion it makes no sense to have to say "boy I hope horses don't show up in that +5 adjacency campus tile before I can plant a campus!" instead of just being able to put down the campus anyway. Or, I have to make sure to not research horseback riding before then. Decisions like that do not enhance the game, and they probably don't enhance AI decisions either.

I'm sure this one have been reported, but in case it wasn't, another bug that need to be taken care off is the one with disappearing relics. I just had unpleasant suprise, when got one relic from the village, and two more for being suzerain of that CS that grants relics each time you're finding nature wonder. But then I put them in the slots of Voidsingers obelisks in my cities, and when my first Hero showed up and obelisks got additional slots - poof! the relics have gone.

Actually, speaking for myself, I *am* thinking here. Last night when I discovered niter, out of the 3 sources revealed, 2 had districts on them. So, I am already generating +4 niter per turn because it is allowing me to use the niter where the districts are. Now, if I would have discovered the niter first, this wouldn't be possible. What sense does that make, and how is this consistent at all?

Even in Civ 5 great person improvements connected resources, and you could put down those improvements *after* the resources were revealed.

So, in my opinion it makes no sense to have to say "boy I hope horses don't show up in that +5 adjacency campus tile before I can plant a campus!" instead of just being able to put down the campus anyway. Or, I have to make sure to not research horseback riding before then. Decisions like that do not enhance the game, and they probably don't enhance AI decisions either.

It’s pretty ridiculous, and planks you in the face with the fact that this is a cheesy board game mechanic

RIP immersion

Building a district on a resource is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to removing it entirely from the game. I support being allowed to build districts on them, but not removing them.

How do I change the title?

Edit - found it. Too old for this...

Changed the title to reflect that the identified issues are from multiple sources.

Consider adding the Deforestation bug. Deforestation level jumps up from 0 to 50% in one turn, potentially causing a few Climate Change phases to happen over next few turns. It hits somewhere around t240-260 or so on Deity. Coastal AI cities building the flood barriers are caught and stuck with ever more expensive build that extends over a few dozens of turns, basically knocking those cities out for quite a while. AI will not switch out of the barriers but will take those 30 or 60 turns to complete them. This bug makes quite a mess of the Climate change system - one of the central things of the whole second expansion.

By the way in Dramatic Ages mode the Pretorian Guard card may also cause negative production on Encampment buildings. If you have it slotted in and capture a city with an Encampment, current and future buildings in that Encampment will have -2 production applied to them when you take the card out. Negative production coupled with total AI blindness towards encroaching Free Cities make that mode the most broken among all or at least on the same level as Monopolies and Corporations.

AI should be given stronger focus on victory conditions. From what I've seen by observing AI only games, currently if you give AI high late science yield focus, they will just sabotage their own progress. They will go and research Future Tech first, and many times over, before even touching Plastics. The Plastics-Nanotechnology line is the last thing AI will take to research.
Winning every time with no real sweat gets old very fast.
____
Edit:
Forgot another one: teach AI about the resource limits. AI routinely overbuilds everything, so their infantry and tanks and artillery have oil shortage, their planes and helis are hit by aluminium shortage, and their carpets of GDRs are running with low uranium every game (to say nothing about their inability to use them). AI will sooner mass produce a Terracotta Army of GDRs than build a single laser to speed up their lame expedition.

Last edited:
Consider adding the Deforestation bug. Deforestation level jumps up from 0 to 50% in one turn, potentially causing a few Climate Change phases to happen over next few turns. It hits somewhere around t240-260 or so on Deity. Coastal AI cities building the flood barriers are caught and stuck with ever more expensive build that extends over a few dozens of turns, basically knocking those cities out for quite a while. AI will not switch out of the barriers but will take those 30 or 60 turns to complete them. This bug makes quite a mess of the Climate change system - one of the central things of the whole second expansion.

By the way in Dramatic Ages mode the Pretorian Guard card may also cause negative production on Encampment buildings. If you have it slotted in and capture a city with an Encampment, current and future buildings in that Encampment will have -2 production applied to them when you take the card out. Negative production coupled with total AI blindness towards encroaching Free Cities make that mode the most broken among all or at least on the same level as Monopolies and Corporations.

AI should be given stronger focus on victory conditions. From what I've seen by observing AI only games, currently if you give AI high late science yield focus, they will just sabotage their own progress. They will go and research Future Tech first, and many times over, before even touching Plastics. The Plastics-Nanotechnology line is the last thing AI will take to research.
Winning every time with no real sweat gets old very fast.
____
Edit:
Forgot another one: teach AI about the resource limits. AI routinely overbuilds everything, so their infantry and tanks and artillery have oil shortage, their planes and helis are hit by aluminium shortage, and their carpets of GDRs are running with low uranium every game (to say nothing about their inability to use them). AI will sooner mass produce a Terracotta Army of GDRs than build a single laser to speed up their lame expedition.

I thought the 50% deforestation was a display bug. My games never get to sea level rise, even on huge deity with the max disaster setting. I will add it.

For the resources and the AI, I think helicopters should not even use aluminium, seeing as they suck, or they need to buffed. But yeah, the AI handles upkeep very poorly.

I thought the 50% deforestation was a display bug.
Definitely not just display. And it applies with backwards validity. This turn Deforestation is 0% and your carbon footprint may be 2000, next turn the level is 50% and the footprint becomes 3000, just like that. It is total bonkers.

But yeah, the AI handles upkeep very poorly.
AI just doesn't handle it at all, 0 regard.

One thing I hate is how the game force you to build the most advanced unit you have. Very annoying.

Bought some niter to upgrade your trebuchet to bombard? "No sir, but these swordsmen in that remote city you are training took them away and start to call themselves musketmen."

Personally, I'd like to be able to fully chop strategic and luxury resources, but then you can, in the late-game, place them 'back' somehow. IE in the industrial era unocking factory farming to put horses (and other animals) on appropriate tiles (let's say limit once per city, so we don't end up with some silly situation where every tile in the lategame is cows, etc). We could have improved refining in order to turn a plain mine into an iron mine or, later, aluminum. In the future era (with all the scifi techs) we could have synthetic oil. etc.

Well, maybe this is a dumb idea. But Id like to at least be able to put districts on them even if it doesn't chop.

One thing I hate is how the game force you to build the most advanced unit you have. Very annoying.

Bought some niter to upgrade your trebuchet to bombard? "No sir, but these swordsmen in that remote city you are training took them away and start to call themselves musketmen."
To be fair it was the case for all previous editions as well.

Top Bottom