Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Strawpoll doesn't have that capability. I'll use Google Docs next week though. Still so we don't get sidetracked - we are in need of ideas for Vietnamese Decisions.

Also, I completely forgot to post the Zapotec attributes! Here's my current thought process - be warned though, it is a brief showerthought and it might synergize too well and overall, it might be a tad too cyclical. Please tear it to shreds :)

Zapotecs

UA: Be'ena' Za'a* - Receive :c5Faith: from discovering Technologies. Over time, Holy Sites founded on Hill tiles may spawn Battle Priests.

UU: Battle Priest - Replacing the Inquisitor (or Missionary, not certain at this point), the Battle Priest is the ultimate wildcard unit that can cause absolute chaos upon the front lines. When it ends its turn adjacent to an enemy unit below 35% Health, the Battle Priest may passively convert the said enemy into a Barbarian. **

UB: Pecogo - Replaces walls. +1 :c5science: Science, +1 :c5happy: Happiness. During :c5goldenage: Golden Ages, all hill tiles worked by a city provide +1 :c5faith:. Requires +2 :c5gold: Gold Maintenance.

*Possibly needs better name
** WOLOLO. If you have the Heathen Conversion Reformation belief.... then all hail the Zapotec Zombie Army!

Essentially:

Get Walls to give you Science and Happiness (which in turn will give you a minor incentive to go for Techs and Golden Ages respectively - which will give you more Faith to get more Prophets).

Does the Pecogo also produce wall abilites, or are the Zapotec forced to rely on their superior technologies to make up for temporal weakness?

/rises from the dead

Just to clarify, does the Land Unit Lantaka act as a cannon on land AND water? e.g. if I make it a land unit, can I revert it to a naval unit later?

/returns to slumber

I digress we have two options about the Lantaka:
1) JFD Carthage style two units, my suggestion would be replaces both cannon and frigate, unlocked at gunpowder.

2) LS Genoa style, if embarked and shares a tile with a naval unit receives 5 movement and attacks near by enemies.

I would recommend option one due to it's synergy with the UA but it has its draw backs due to AI stupidity.

Now I don't really like the second half of Alam Melayu, it feels underwhelming and weak so here is a little unorthodox idea:
Alam Melayu - Every Sea Resource worked by a city increases Naval Unit :c5production: Production by +%5. barbarian units do not attack if within 10 if a city following your main religion, each barbarian unit within that range gives you GPT equal to its maintenance.

Does the Pecogo also produce wall abilites, or are the Zapotec forced to rely on their superior technologies to make up for temporal weakness?

Nope, they'll still have Wall abilities, I just neglected to mention that.

/rises from the dead

Just to clarify, does the Land Unit Lantaka act as a cannon on land AND water? e.g. if I make it a land unit, can I revert it to a naval unit later?

/returns to slumber

I mentioned in the description that you have a choice. When the Lantaka is born, you get to choose for it to be a permanent Land or a permanent sea unit.

I digress we have two options about the Lantaka:
1) JFD Carthage style two units, my suggestion would be replaces both cannon and frigate, unlocked at gunpowder.

2) LS Genoa style, if embarked and shares a tile with a naval unit receives 5 movement and attacks near by enemies.

I would recommend option one due to it's synergy with the UA but it has its draw backs due to AI stupidity.

I'd like to know how the LS's Caribbean UU works as a Navl/Land hybrid. It doesn't really explain itself mechanically at, so I'm curious as to what it does.

But no, we wont be using any of those - we'll be using code similar to the choice that JFD's Lincoln monitor has to make.

Now I don't really like the second half of Alam Melayu, it feels underwhelming and weak so here is a little unorthodox idea:
Alam Melayu - Every Sea Resource worked by a city increases Naval Unit :c5production: Production by +%5. barbarian units do not attack if within 10 if a city following your main religion, each barbarian unit within that range gives you GPT equal to its maintenance.

Your idea is unorthodox sure, I like unorthodox - but it adds in traits relating to barbarians, religion and GPT. I'm more intent on trying to keep the civ focused on a defensive naval empire that gains benefits for parking on resources.

Zapotecs

UA: Be'ena' Za'a* - Receive :c5Faith: from discovering Technologies. Over time, Holy Sites founded on Hill tiles may spawn Battle Priests.

UU: Battle Priest - Replacing the Inquisitor (or Missionary, not certain at this point), the Battle Priest is the ultimate wildcard unit that can cause absolute chaos upon the front lines. When it ends its turn adjacent to an enemy unit below 35% Health, the Battle Priest may passively convert the said enemy into a Barbarian. **

UB: Pecogo - Replaces walls. +1 :c5science: Science, +1 :c5happy: Happiness. During :c5goldenage: Golden Ages, all hill tiles worked by a city provide +1 :c5faith:. Requires +2 :c5gold: Gold Maintenance.

*Possibly needs better name
** WOLOLO. If you have the Heathen Conversion Reformation belief.... then all hail the Zapotec Zombie Army!

Essentially:

Get Walls to give you Science and Happiness (which in turn will give you a minor incentive to go for Techs and Golden Ages respectively - which will give you more Faith to get more Prophets).

I think Be'ena' Za'a is a very appropiate UA name. Also I think you came up with a cool synergy with the Zapotecs. I specially like the :c5faith on discovering tech, it should be really useful on the early game.

As for the battle priest, I would keep them inquisitors, if you are playing the religious game, you may want to have a few of them on your cities anyway, seems to fit them better than missionaries.

As for the battle priest, I would keep them inquisitors, if you are playing the religious game, you may want to have a few of them on your cities anyway, seems to fit them better than missionaries.

Yeah this is true - but using Missionaries would also be a nice nerfing/balance tactic.

guys i have this problem when using the phillipines. When i build the colosseum the city disappears. Any fix on this?

Yeah, that's not supposed be happening. I think you should hold off from playing the civ until the new version comes out.

Anyway guys - time for a new guess the civ!

Obviously some sort of enormous, abstract art piece, towering over the mountains. Picasso?

Is it a new Afghanistan leader screen?

Using the magic of reverse image searching I am fully sure that the next civ by Colonialist Legacies would be no other than!
Spoiler :

God!

Nah but seriously I would go with the long awaited Afghanistan.

Haha, that would make be an interesting civ. It's not Afghanistan though. Here is some more of him:

Definitively not American. The Cree already have a great leaderscreen made by Leugi:

Here's more of him:

Top Bottom