Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I'm curious as to what, if possible, a sort of combination of #1 and #3 would look like.

Just tried it - it looks uber busy. The reason I looked for alternatives is because I felt the current was too busy.

So far the poll is saying #1, but I'll definitely need the go ahead of Viregel if we want to continue with that.

Also, whilst on the topic of Afghanistan - does anybody have any specific decision requests? There is a ton of history, so feel free to suggest anything.

i meet a problem when i played as Dene......the icon of its UI did not display normally when i selected the leaders and i was told that "Unable to load texture"

Here's a decision idea:-

Spread the Diwan of Rahman Baba
Costs: Many
Requirements: Must have made peace with at least one other Major Civilization in the last 5/10/15/30 Turns (Quick/Standard/Epic/Marathon game speed)
Must have founded a Religion
Must have used at least one Great Writer for a Political Treatise.
Effects:-
Buildings purchased with :c5faith: Faith generate +1 :c5greatperson: Great Writer point per turn.
Exert an additional 5% Religious Pressure and Ideology Pressure for each :greatwork: Great Work of Writing in the Empire.

EDIT: For anybody who gives a damn, and the law of averages says there must be someone other than me, Rahman Baba is probably the most respected Pashtun poet who ever lived, and deservedly so. If Khushal Khan Khattak is Afghanistan's George Washington, then Rahman Baba is their William Shakespeare. His poems, 343 of which are collected in the Diwan, speak of a much less hardline approach to Islam. Instead, he favours a more mystical doctrine that teaches peace and tolerance rather than, say, blowing up 6th-century statues of the Buddha. I am not lucky enough to own a copy, but I think there's one in my local university library. If there's one in yours, read it. Just... read it.

Perfect! Should we also have some Opium themed decisions in there too?

I think either opium (well, poppy) or something relating to Mujahadeen or the whole Graveyard of Empire defensive thing would be appropriate. I agree with moving away from these things for the civ's main focus but decisions is a good place for them to get some spotlight.

So, that was the Mirwais decision. Here's one for Afghanistan as a whole.

Rediscover the Sogdian Language
Costs: Many
Requirements:-
Must have either a :greatwork: Great Work of Writing or space for one in all Cities owned by Afghanistan.
Must have at least one policy in Aesthetics, not including the opener.
Must have :greatwork: Great Works of Writing from two other Major Civilizations present in the :c5capital: Capital.
Rewards:-
Didas count as Trading Posts for the purposes of Universities, Social Policies, and so on.
Great Tile Improvements, Landmarks, and Holy Sites generate +2 :c5culture: Culture and +2 :tourism: Tourism in addition to their other yields.
(This should rise to +3 :c5culture: Culture if one has the Creative Expression tenet in Freedom.)

---

Again, I've left out the cost for people more experienced with the E&D mod to put in. The Sogdian language actually gets an airing elsewhere in the Civ - Dida is Sogdian for village, if memory serves - but I'm more concerned with the history of it. It's a dead language now, but it was spoken all over what's now Afghanistan and bits of the various other 'stans. It was with these Sogdian-speakers that the Silk Road traders did business along the way to the West and East, hence the subtly powerful Dida improvement, and new translations of past spur periodic bursts of creativity, which is why every speshul Improvement effectively contains a Great Work of Writing now.

Hope that helps! =]

Yeah that should do it. I'll keep my eyes out for an Opium related decision though. I don't want to have something too specific to the Graveyard of Empires, since that's basically the UA. I'm just concerned about doubling-tripling up on Great Work themed stuff.

Personally, I prefer the third on the bottom (or fourth, not too picky between them), though the first one works to some degree, I guess. :p I think you had a colour scheme with a darker green a while back as well which I thought was nicer, though I'm probably wrong.

I think it may have looked darker, but icon might've lied to you. If you're talking about the original darker green - that was wayy too close to CS colours for my liking. The first one is nice, I agree and it's the most popular - but it was specific to a time period in Afghani history (the 70's).

Opium based idea here.

Encourage the Opium Trade
Costs: Culture and possibly faith? Islam should theoretically forbid opiates, AFAIK.
Requirements: Must have been denounced by at least 1 other civilisation.
Own at least one plantation.
Rewards: +1 :c5gold: gold from :trade: trade routes with other civs.
+1 :c5gold: gold on land :trade: trade routes for every civ which has denounced Afghanistan.
-1 :c5food: food and +1 :c5gold: gold on plantations with 1 adjacent mountain, with a further +1 :c5gold: gold for each adjacent mountain.

^You're the first one to notice Zantonius :)

Viregel, we had a colour choice conversation quite a while back and it was nearly a uninamomous decision that this was the scheme we were going with. Let me try to find it.

LOL - great image! :D
For some very random reason I can't read it without hearing it said in the voice of The Dark Knight Trilogy's Bane. Only makes it more awesome!

Non-walrus-related stuff here:

Attachments

• didaicon.png
    didaicon.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 476
  • didasymbol.png
    didasymbol.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 216
  • didasymbolgold.png
    didasymbolgold.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 236
New challenge: hide walruses somewhere in all the CL Civs. You know you wanna. =]

Top Bottom