Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I'd love to try my hand at Lester B. Pearson when or if the time comes.

'Sup?

I dont know so much about this language. Are there big differences between the Ancient Hebrew and the Modern ?

Probably as much as there is between Ancient and Modern Greek. Ancient Hebrew is used in the Bible. Modern Hebrew is the official language of the State of Israel.

Firaxis zigzags in this respect. Alexander the Great speaks Ancient Greek, but Wu Zetian speaks Modern Mandarin Chinese where she would be speaking Classical Chinese.

The differences are.... in the rules of the language.
Example: in modern Hebrew you say one hundred and forty, in ancient Hebrew you say one forty and hundred.
In modern Hebrew you say gun, in ancient you say gun tool.

*Cuts hype with knife*
*Eats a few bites*
*Gets back to work. I mean, goes to bed in prep for day 0*

Well, I don't think the ancient Hebrews had firearms. Just a theory.

I saw this in a historical documentary, seems legit:

Don't you learn ancient history? Watch history channel? You are Sargon the great. How can you say that? :eek:

Now: TPangolian, you are a hypestr. yes, a hypestr.

The History Channel actually showing history (or more specifically Hitler WW2) is something unheard of for me, is there any good TV channels that show history any more?

You don't watch the history channel on Saturdays, right?
There's that WW2 movie, but... its pretty late.

I stopped watching TV when all of my favourite channels drifted from their original programming, early 00's were really the best years for educational TV IMO, the internet really replaced anything and everything that attracted me to watch TV.

Also only six more hours to the grand release, right? if only I knew what caused my numerous crashes while playing Civ with all of my sweet, sweet mods. :(

Six hours???? It's already Australia Day here! The madness is imminent.

Thats not true... they still(barley) have decent programs...

I am a historian.

They do not have any decent programmes.

With enough Barley, I'm sure any program is decent...

I am a historian.

They do not have any decent programmes.

Agreed, all I see is Pawn Stars, Counting Cars, American Restoration, American Pickers.. :lol:

Top Bottom