Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

The 2nd colour scheme is the black one. So yeah, very different.
I pretty sure this he was referencing the colour schemes in this post:
We have a couple of options that we narrowed down to two. Still unsure what colour scheme to go with out of the following:

.. at least that's the colours I was taking about.
Saying that a colour scheme involving the colour black is similar to Corsica's colours, doesn't really make any sense, so I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant :p.

I just like the old one (blue-ish/red-ish whatever you call it :lol:), it wasn't really like Indonesia when you look at it on the map, and it wasn't annoying bright, just nice to look at. This honestly looks a bit generic, it doesn't really make you connect it to the Tlingit art, unlike the old scheme. I probably said to much about this subject already, sorry.

TPang did a great job misaligning those icons.
Well, i've been toying around. Looking at tlingit colours more.
Chilkat (capital for the civ) is famed for its weaving. It's blankets use a lot of blues and yellows. I put some of that into inspiration for some of these.
Spoiler :

the obvious option is use the old one, which i quite liked. We worked day in and day out, i stayed up way too late, i tested without end, Neirai and DJS (and a few others who gave advise and help) did their best to sort lua. there were fall outs, problems with organisation. Designs were shifted, luas were thought impossible, but then proven possible. I'm doing this not being i'm part of the CL team, but because i know these guys could do it right. I would of screwed up the Tlingit, but i went "Hey guys, you can use this model i commissioned and do some good. Heres my ideas, lets work this out and collab together".
We had this planned for MONDAY. the monday just gone. And we're still unreleased. the sheer joy that i completed this yesterday was great. It was a relief.

And our final obstacle? someone didn't quite like the colour.
Thanks guys, not salty at all. :p

Truly, don't both too much with the colours. That's my opinion. Maybe that reflects in my civs somehow :o Not everyone could possibly like any given colour combination.

Especially when anyone can go into the mod files and change the colors with ease anyways...

The harder part is changing the Icon, Some people (or at least Myself) would greatly dislike playing a Civ which colours and Icon doesn't match (That being said I can easily change them myself and do when certain Civ colours are hard to read or too similar to each other and I want to use them together but people without Photoshop or another way to use an Icon template).

I just like the old one (blue-ish/red-ish whatever you call it :lol:), it wasn't really like Indonesia when you look at it on the map, and it wasn't annoying bright, just nice to look at. This honestly looks a bit generic, it doesn't really make you connect it to the Tlingit art, unlike the old scheme. I probably said to much about this subject already, sorry.

Essentially, I fear that adding in another blue would just add another aqua to North America (Inuit, and Cree) and another blue NA civ likewise (Cree, Inuit, Cherokee, Blackfoot, America(s), Chilean Cincinnati etc.).

Personally, I'm with Pouakai on this one. I toyed around with Tlingit colour schemes for a very long time, however when I envisioned the Tlingit, what really struck me from their initial pictures was their bone-white and charcoal-black colour schemes of their art and their landscapes. It was a very clear contrast between the Salish and the Tlingit. I find the scheme much more representative of the Tlingit than the less neon Indonesia:

Spoiler :

I decided I'd complicate things some more and throw my hat into the ring. I kind of like this one, though I swear I've seen it before somewhere:

Man that look similar to me as well for some reason, but after checking the color thread (TPang, It could use an update) It is quite unique the closest ones being the following.
Spoiler :

Non of which are actually near

My biggest fear of the black and white scheme that TPang wants so much, is that it's too close to Germany. I was testing it ingame and while the icon looks different, the units and cities look practically the same.

Aye, I agree that if you're going to put 'bone' in-game, you need to put enough yellow in it so that it doesn't look like grey.

I'm on vacation for the next 5 days. During that time I may lurk but I'll be unreachable.

From the safety of my fortress of solitude I'll put in some color opinions:

241, 244, 132 is a decent color for "yellowy bone" -- I support both black-on-bone and teal-on-bone, with a greater support of "black-on-bone" because Ravens and Eagles.

Because Ravens and Eagles I'd also support Dark Grey on Brown if it was an option.

I'm also 100% okay with Teal-on-Brown-that-is-not-Corsica because I liked it but understand that it's a common pacific or even Colonialist Legacies pairing.

I'm on vacation for the next 5 days. During that time I may lurk but I'll be unreachable.

From the safety of my fortress of solitude I'll put in some color opinions:

242, 248, 150 is a decent color for "yellowy bone" -- I support both black-on-bone and teal-on-bone, with a greater support of "black-on-bone" because Ravens and Eagles.

Because Ravens and Eagles I'd also support Dark Grey on Brown if it was an option.

I'm also 100% okay with Teal-on-Brown-that-is-not-Corsica because I liked it but understand that it's a common pacific or even Colonialist Legacies pairing.

Top Bottom