1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by TPangolin, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

2. Alga2

Alga2 Lurker

I have three theories! The first theorie says that at the moment every modder has a real life. The second theorie says that the incoming Greek Split steals the mana of every modder and transform them in Leugis. And the third theorie says everyone wants to be Tarcisio at the moment. :p

3. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Yeah... we'll go with all three...

4. dornbush420

dornbush420 Chieftain

I've been fighting an issue with ynaemp and the CL_AUSTRALIA civ for some time now. Activating the Colonialist Legacies Australia Civ ends up breaking the TSL of all vanilla Civs except for Poland.

If I remove Australia, I'm free to add countless other custom Civs that work fine with their own TSL without affecting that of any others. Has anyone else experienced this?

Stripping things down to a bare minimum list of mods it still exhibits this behavior. The current running mods are as follows:

Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v. 24)
    YnAEMP DLL Leader fix for BNW (v. 2)
    Colonialist Legacies YnAEMP Compatibility Patch (v. 1)
    Colonialist Legacies - Australian Commonwealth (v. 4)

I know that newer versions of Australia are supposed to have built-in compatibility and that using the Compatibility Patch at the same time could potentially be breaking things.

I've made several different attempts to work around the issue as I need the Compatibility Patch for some of the other CL civs to work.

1. I stripped out all CL_AUSTRALIA info in the Compatibility patch and nothing changed. Australia and Poland were the only ones with correct TSL.
    2. I've also tried disabling the Compatibility patch altogether. That resulted in Australia being the only TSL civ. Poland becomes random like all the other vanilla civs.
    3. I've made no changes to the Compatibility patch and have instead removed the Compatibility/CL_AustraliaYnAEMP.sql file from the mod and still, nothing changed. Same result as #1.

I don't understand why this is the only CL civ that causes this behavior. None of the other CL civs that I've downloaded and included seem to interfere at all in a fully set up game.

These include:

Afghanistan
    Canadian Dominion
    Kimberley Aboriginals
    Mexican Republic
    Phillipine Republic
    The Blackfoot Confederacy
    The Boers
    The Inuit
    Vietnam ft. Trung Sisters

5. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Database

6. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Prince

7. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

You guys have probably noticed, but we've been a bit absent here for the past while. A lot of design feedback and discource has moved over to a content creator Discord server and as such posting on CFC kinda fell by the wayside as that started taking up more time. We've also been working on a couple of civs at once at this point, but as we're all on break at the moment, perhaps we'll be seeing some releases sooner rather than later. Those Monday releases were pretty good at kicking our arses into gear, so we might have to opt for a similar strategy if we want to get lots of civs and updates out of the way.

I'll also be posting the results for the Priority List for Civ VI so we can start talking design discussions for each of the civs. Civ VI also opens up a lot of leeway for us too to start pursuing other civs not on our priority list/agenda (like Iroquios etc. granted they aren't in vanilla).

Thanks for all your hard work! I'd update it quickfast, but I feel as if there needs to be some further explanation as to what exactly it is that you did. What exactly did you change about the Mythic Emblems, what bugs did you fix?

We'd also prefer to not change the Spearman and Ammo replenishment aspects, seeing as those were actually design decisions. I think the community here should also try and reach a consensus regarding Beothuk and Hidden Antiquity sites though (I'm open to the change).

8. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Prince

See pedia description.

All of them. I did not write them down.

You never played the mod but now you care about this? It's confusing when one unit turns into another, especially if they don't look alike.

9. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

He never played the mod?

Didn't he, like, make the mod?

10. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

I'm not too sure where the hostility is coming from. It's just confusing is all.

Nonetheless thanks for your help - when we have time we might try and comb through the mod trying to loot as much lua as we can.

The Demon's Head -> Spearman was a very intentional design choice by Neirai, and we'd prefer to keep it that way. In an ideal world we'd have actual graphics that represent the Demon's Head turning into a melee unit, but we lack the time and 3D asset creators.

11. NiaoMeow

NiaoMeow Ximicacan? XIMICACAN?

Maybe you should keep this "update" to yourself.

12. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

Ehh, it's all okay to be honest. I'll take a look at the newer code and see what I want to bring over. Likely there are things in there that are superior to my code; if there's a way to implement seeing antiquity sites without monkeying with the techs, then by all means I want to know how.

But certainly the official version isn't going to be replaced without us making the choice.

13. NiaoMeow

NiaoMeow Ximicacan? XIMICACAN?

Yes but if he is going to change core components then insult the mod's creator while also ordering the creators to implement the "fixes" maybe he should check himself.

14. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Prince

If he did he'd notice it was broken.

What hostility?

You should upload my fixed version to workshop even if you are not gonna keep my edits so people don't download broken one while you are working on your fixed version.

15. Klisz

Klisz King

Broken in what way?

16. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

I primarily play Beothuk. It works, unless you're using EUI.
    I would be 100% unsurprised if at least one (if not more) of the Mythic Emblems don't work... they each have reams of code and I'd never do that particular mechanic/design again.

17. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

Does the update fix the conflict the Beothuk had with JFD's Egypts/HR which broke the UA and city names?

18. Yamwhacker

Yamwhacker Chieftain

Hey, don't know if this was posted here before but I didn't see it when I searched but sorry if it has been, I'm getting a CTD immediately upon trying to load a game with the Dene and the "Civ IV traits in Civ V" mod. They work fine separately, and i was only trying to load those two mods. I'm using EUI but I tried it without it and still crashed. I have logs but its crashing before it writes anything to them so its probably no help, but I'll post them if you want.

19. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

Thanks for the bug report! It's quite odd to have a CTD at loadup, it usually means that you're trying to load a unit or building with no class... I wonder if the Dene have an invalid Civ IV trait choice?

I'll add this to my list of "bugs I'd like to fix before Civ VI comes out."

20. qqqbbb

qqqbbb Prince

A lot of people complained on workshop page that the mod does not work. I was sure it was broken for everyone.
    Do you get lua error and can you see antiquity sites as soon as you start the game?