Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I want them to be invisible in Jungles/Forest. Double movement isn't too necessary.

Mind you regarding the Inuit, the War theme is near 100% vocal and is really really eerie.

That's a great choice. It'll really make you regret declaring war on the Inuit...

Perhaps I'm just a unique snowflake, but I like western elements combined with traditional influence.

I think it's safe to say that the combining of traditional melodies and instruments with western orchestration was a deliberate choice on the part of the composers. I think it gives each civ an element of individuality while still forming a coherent soundtrack that is all identifiably within the same game. I also think it is a great way of hearing musical references from throughout history and the world (e.g. Greece's ancient melody, and Sweden's nyckelharpa)

Traditional Vietnamese music is perfectly good, but I feel it would fit less well within the game's soundtrack.

I think it's safe to say that the combining of traditional melodies and instruments with western orchestration was a deliberate choice on the part of the composers. I think it gives each civ an element of individuality while still forming a coherent soundtrack that is all identifiably within the same game. I also think it is a great way of hearing musical references from throughout history and the world (e.g. Greece's ancient melody, and Sweden's nyckelharpa)
I definately agree - I mean, outright samba for Brazil would have been completely unfit for Civ5, for example. I love what they did with the war song.

My point before was that sometimes they could have balanced a bit less towards orchestral. I was so disappointed when I listened to the Celts themes and heard nothing really "celtic" about it, for instance. Same for Denmark. They should have been a bit more faithful to the style and feel of some of the civilization's culture in regards to songs.

Okay, I resolved the problem with the Philippines not being able to build temples. It was a simple mistag in the buildings.sql file. In addition, looking at the differences between JFD's fix and the civfanatics download (which I assume is identical to the workshop one), the nonfixed version would have the dummy buildings providing maintenance in addition to the normal variety.

I've attached the fixed version of JFD's fix. I don't know if this is referencing other files in the mod, so it may not work if his fix was more than this file.

Edit: Oh yes, the great work problem is still in effect here, so it's not completely fixed. Perhaps editing the great work count on the appropriate dummy buildings to 1 instead of -1 would work?

Attachments

• Buildings.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 31
We still have to work on Inuit, Zapotecs, Anishinaabe and the Pridelands. I have no idea.

I'll rush it as much as possible for you xxxxxx

When will Viet release ?

I cant resist myself to play this civ !!!

There's a simple formula.

where:
r = release date
t = the time it takes to make a mod
p = current place in TPangolin's queue
q = total number of places in the queue
d = current date
s = the time I take bumming about and procrastinating

There's a simple formula.

where:
r = release date
t = the time it takes to make a mod
p = current place in TPangolin's queue
q = total number of places in the queue
d = current date
s = the time I take bumming about and procrastinating

I would switch the position of p and q in the fraction; otherwise you end up with, say 5/9 of the time it takes to make a mod (times current date and all that), which... :confused:
Or say, if the mod is top priority, 1/9, it only takes 11% of the usual time to make the mod? ;) Because you're rushing?

Alrighty, so we've got the lua code for the UB (Defense from Great Works). We just need to tie that to an Amphitheater replacement.

What we need now are... +5% Food and Culture for each policy adopted in Honor, +10% GWAM spawn rate for walls/castle/arsenal/military base, Vietcong penalties (open terrain nerfs).

Alrighty, so we've got the lua code for the UB (Defense from Great Works). We just need to tie that to an Amphitheater replacement.

I have it down as BUILDING_WATER_THEATRE if you're interested :)

I'm not coding at all lol, that's your job.

I would switch the position of p and q in the fraction; otherwise you end up with, say 5/9 of the time it takes to make a mod (times current date and all that), which... :confused:
Or say, if the mod is top priority, 1/9, it only takes 11% of the usual time to make the mod? ;) Because you're rushing?

Technically speaking, the fraction should be (q-p)/q.

Top Bottom