• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Colonies with 18 civs

andy52584

Chieftain
So, I had a rather simple question. If I were to start a game with 18 civs (the max) would I then still be able to form a colony? And if not, would completely defeating one of the existing civs open up the ability to found a colony?

I'm pretty sure the answer is 'no' for both cases, even if there are only a few civs left.

I started a 18 civ Huge Earth map and was unable to found a new colony - even though I had already... Intergrated a few other Civs into my Nation. I believe that the only way to allow a colony is to modify one of the base files to allow more civs.

Thanks for the responses. I kinda figured I couldn't but thought I'd ask the community to be sure.

If it were possible for a Civ to be destroyed and allow a colony to pop up in it's spot, then.. imagine how many people would complain that they had to wipe out 3 or 4 Civs because the AI kept spawning Colonies preventing them from getting it lol. I mean I would do it if the a person took a bunch of land overseas, Just grant independence to a couple of cities, so the other Civ would have an economic crash.

There are some simple mods out there that change the max number of civ limit int the dll,allowing for 32 or even 40 civs. With such a mod you could keep adding civs unti you run out of leaders (and maybe not even then)

Top Bottom