Colonization Maps

CELTICEMPIRE

Zulu Conqueror
do people here create colonization maps where there are at least 2 continents one continent (preferably the smaller one) has all the Civs and the other one has just barbarians or a technologicly behind Civ.
As space and resources become scarce there is a lot of agression and culture flipping and when you research navigation you can colonize and world wars become very epic when tou have colonies with precious resources to defend.
Comercial and seafearing civs (such as England) have a good advantage on these maps
Youtube user Bonecanoe86 made an LP of a colonization map
and i was curious if anyone out there played them

I generally do that on all of the maps that I make in the editor. I prefer maps with several continents, and typically will put my starting location on the coast, with a couple of AI civilizations on all but one of the other continents, with the AI starting locations all inland. I have not tried a map with say 3 continents, my starting location on one, several AI on another, and one uninhabited but for lots of resources, goodies, and boosted barbarians. I have set it up where I have to take several continents with increasingly tougher barbarians, along with several other AI civilizations.

playing on colonization maps is fun, and bonecanoe's is a good one, but I think their should have been less civs and less land, as well as maybe a native civ in the new world. Also, whoever gets the Great Lighthouse can exploit a little travel "glitch" using the sea to get to the new world before navig.

Top Bottom