1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Colonization Overhaul Planned

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Creation & Customization' started by Dom Pedro II, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Not that I think more really needs to be added as regard naval warfare, but what I was suggesting was using corsairs on European coasts against one's original liege, such as John Paul Jones operating from French ports against English interests. I couldn't see how your answer addressed my point. :confused:

2. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Well, it looked like you were responding to the poster above who was asking for the King to periodically confiscate cargo from your ships. So I grouped the two quotes together and answered them both at once.

Attacks on European ports would be nice, but it would also require that Europe actually be in the map too ;)

3. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

I never said "attack ports." That's your assumption. What I said went more along the lines of being a nuisance to the former liege, such as "working against someone's interests". I know there is no map for the European ports, and I never thought you'd add any. What I implied was something abstract by nature.

4. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Well, my latest efforts have been to get the Civ4 civics screen in Colonization... I got the screen to appear, then tried to correct a bug and broke it completely :p

But hopefully I can have a screenshot in the next few days of that. Python's not my strong suit, so I've got my fingers crossed that I won't need to seek outside help for this...

5. henryMCVII

henryMCVII Warlord

I agree on that point. Something like that would be fine to me.

Ah, I see; I didn't know this. How about combining this with the new, additional europe screen? The effects of my rough ideas don't need always to be negative, there also may appear positive results: additional cargo, more speed (+1 movement) for this particular unit for X turns becouse of new maps or such. Lots of ideas come into my mind...