Colonization Overhaul Planned

Well, I have already added in home country navies. So the King's fleet will be seen moving in the vicinity of your cities. These units will protect you against pirates, but they will also stop any of your ships carrying illegal cargo. The two main types of illegal cargo are dependent upon your country's civics, and they include: Slaves and foreign goods.

Not that I think more really needs to be added as regard naval warfare, but what I was suggesting was using corsairs on European coasts against one's original liege, such as John Paul Jones operating from French ports against English interests. I couldn't see how your answer addressed my point. :confused:

Not that I think more really needs to be added as regard naval warfare, but what I was suggesting was using corsairs on European coasts against one's original liege, such as John Paul Jones operating from French ports against English interests. I couldn't see how your answer addressed my point. :confused:
Well, it looked like you were responding to the poster above who was asking for the King to periodically confiscate cargo from your ships. So I grouped the two quotes together and answered them both at once.

Attacks on European ports would be nice, but it would also require that Europe actually be in the map too ;)

I never said "attack ports." That's your assumption. What I said went more along the lines of being a nuisance to the former liege, such as "working against someone's interests". I know there is no map for the European ports, and I never thought you'd add any. What I implied was something abstract by nature.

Well, my latest efforts have been to get the Civ4 civics screen in Colonization... I got the screen to appear, then tried to correct a bug and broke it completely :p

But hopefully I can have a screenshot in the next few days of that. Python's not my strong suit, so I've got my fingers crossed that I won't need to seek outside help for this...

If so, I'd rather rename the current Europe screen to "Your Country"... so if you're playing as the Spanish, the screen will be the Spain screen... and then there'd be the general Europe screen to represent everything else.
I agree on that point. Something like that would be fine to me.

Well, I have already added in home country navies. So the King's fleet will be seen moving in the vicinity of your cities. These units will protect you against pirates, but they will also stop any of your ships carrying illegal cargo. The two main types of illegal cargo are dependent upon your country's civics, and they include: Slaves and foreign goods.
Ah, I see; I didn't know this. How about combining this with the new, additional europe screen? The effects of my rough ideas don't need always to be negative, there also may appear positive results: additional cargo, more speed (+1 movement) for this particular unit for X turns becouse of new maps or such. Lots of ideas come into my mind...

Top Bottom